oneBoro Forum

Hull City v Boro 2-0

Just now, Blanco said:

But he didn’t make the fans hate football @Brunners they decided that for themselves. They didn’t like him so they didn’t like football 🤷‍♂️

No, the football was draining. It sapped the life out of the fan base, players, everyone associated with the club. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reading - worst defence in the league, no clean sheets, enter Boro. Hull - longest run without a win in all four divisions, enter Boro. It just isn’t happening- Warnocks promotion teams would have won

In 1801, Middlesbrough was a small farm with a population of just 25. Joseph Pease of Darlington needed a port for his coal ships, so created 'Port Darlington' and brought in Irish labourers to create

If he can’t do anymore with this squad then he needs to go

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JMC91 said:

Warnock says he doesn't think he could be doing much more with this squad. Really? These players are playing at their absolute maximum potential. Utter nonsense.

• Like 9
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

It wouldn't surprise me if he's realised this, he sounded really low and there was none of the usual bluster and indignation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, AnglianRed said:

Maybe.

But compared to some games I've seen this season, I thought we weren't too bad.

That first 30 minutes was terrible...but we've played like that for a full 90 minutes some games.

At least we tried and created a few good scoring chances, plus a bunch of nearly-chances (just lacking the final ball). We were at least vaguely entertaining at times.

I stand by my comment that Hull got ridiculously lucky and never in a million years deserved the win. A draw would have been a fair result.

Sorry this is a code I can’t decipher. 

Just now, Brunners said:

Which is why they're almost as bad as each other. The situations may be different but the end result is the same: apathy.

NW & Pulis are both *** horrible managers who make people stop enjoying following their team. I'm not going to get into any further discussion about it because if you liked Pulis then you're too far gone and there's no saving you.

Brunners. I have seen a lot of your posts on here and mostly I find them well thought out and intelligent. Unfortunately this is in the not so intelligent and I want to win an argument at any cost categories.
I did not say I was a fan of Pulis ball. I have not said I am a fan of NW.
What I am saying is that IF we do not have a DECENT replacement for NW then we have to stick by him. I for one certainly do not want to go through the Woodgate saga again.
And IMO today was not NW's tactics. We showed enough to win that game. Today was all about the players. They were shockingly bad when it came to finishing.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BoroAbroad said:

Brunners. I have seen a lot of your posts on here and mostly I find them well thought out and intelligent. Unfortunately this is in the not so intelligent and I want to win an argument at any cost categories.
What I am saying is that IF we do not have a DECENT replacement for NW then we have to stick by him. I for one certainly do not want to go through the Woodgate saga again.
And IMO today was not NW's tactics. We showed enough to win that game. Today was all about the players. They were shockingly bad when it came to finishing.

Even if this is true, you can't ignore our form in 2021. It's been shocking for the squad of players we have. No one is calling for Warnock to go on the back of just this result. It's the whole situation. We need to try something different or the season is a waste. 

• Like 3
Just now, BoroAbroad said:

I think the point people are making is that there are several decent options we could go for, or even just give it to a total unknown from abroad who plays good stuff.

What's the point keeping him? We literally cannot get any worse.

• Like 1

If that quote is accurate that he can’t do much more with this squad then sorry but there’s absolutely no coming back from that. 

It’s no mystery that our best chances come when we try to play and get battered out of sight when we hoof the ball long aimlessly 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

He could make better substitutions earlier #justsaying

More timely subs as well, instead of leaving it 'til the last 5 minutes of games. I'd love to know what he expects players to do in 5 minutes (plus stoppage time).

He only brought Siliki on when he did because Fry was injured.

8 minutes ago, JMC91 said:

Warnock says he doesn't think he could be doing much more with this squad. Really? These players are playing at their absolute maximum potential. Utter nonsense.

No, it's true. Warnock can't do any better than lose to the worst team in the league. That's literally the problem.

The players are more than good enough, he just can't coach them.

• Like 6
35 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Wow a NW and a Pulis apologist in one post.

You could have saved yourself a bit of typing and just said "masochist"

• Haha 1