oneBoro Forum

Hull City v Boro 2-0

In retrospect when I said that it was missed chances, I’m thinking back to the game and thinking did we dominate at any point? 

I don’t think we did and I think someone said it best earlier when they said it’s rub of the green football. If we set up and dominated games then we would have created more than two clear cut chances. 

Im not expecting us to play like Barcelona in their prime, but surely we could address this issue with a better thought out game plan? 

The frustrating thing is that fans want a change, but Warnock has admitted to sticking to his own methods as that’s what he knows best. It’s just a complete mismatch and it’s not going to get better. 

We have players who are better than hoofball and the times we looked decent today we’re some intricate passes in midfield. It’s worrying that Warnock won’t adapt to suit the players. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reading - worst defence in the league, no clean sheets, enter Boro. Hull - longest run without a win in all four divisions, enter Boro. It just isn’t happening- Warnocks promotion teams would have won

In 1801, Middlesbrough was a small farm with a population of just 25. Joseph Pease of Darlington needed a port for his coal ships, so created 'Port Darlington' and brought in Irish labourers to create

If he can’t do anymore with this squad then he needs to go

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Even if this is true, you can't ignore our form in 2021. It's been shocking for the squad of players we have. No one is calling for Warnock to go on the back of just this result. It's the whole situation. We need to try something different or the season is a waste. 

exactly, 3 wins in 11 this season, 12 win in 36 games in 2021, its just not good enough and its only getting worse.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

I think the point people are making is that there are several decent options we could go for, or even just give it to a total unknown from abroad who plays good stuff.

What's the point keeping him? We literally cannot get any worse.

I'd hope that if Scott & Gibson had identified any decent replacement by now, we'd have heard something about it. Unless they've decided they're happy to let Warnock see out his contract (unless we're in relegation danger).

I'm guessing its not that easy to find a good long-term replacement. To be honest I'm not expecting to hear anything until Christmas-January at the earliest. Maybe not 'til March-April.

I also wouldn't want a temporary manager brought in. Their heart wouldn't be in the job and the players likely wouldn't respond, knowing the guy was only going to be there a few months.

*NW handed a squad including high value young homegrown talents with winding down contracts and multi-million pound foreign signings*

NW: I can't beat Hull, Coventry, Blackpool, Blackburn, QPR, Reading or Derby with this squad.

SG: Fair enough Neil have a nice little farewell tour for the rest of the season and we'll have a retirement do for you at Rockliffe next May.

Warnock's comments post match are so defensive and delusional he's making a fool out of Gibson with those comments about his squad not being good enough to beat ****ing Hull.

• Like 6

Reading - worst defence in the league, no clean sheets, enter Boro. Hull - longest run without a win in all four divisions, enter Boro. It just isn’t happening- Warnocks promotion teams would have won both these games, probably 1-0. He isn’t working his magic this time. Move on.

• Like 11
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

I'd hope that if Scott & Gibson had identified any decent replacement by now, we'd have heard something about it. Unless they've decided they're happy to let Warnock see out his contract (unless we're in relegation danger).

I'm guessing its not that easy to find a good long-term replacement. To be honest I'm not expecting to hear anything until Christmas-January at the earliest. Maybe not 'til March-April.

I also wouldn't want a temporary manager brought in. Their heart wouldn't be in the job and the players likely wouldn't respond, knowing the guy was only going to be there a few months.

I would say by then it will be to late. BUT I still think mid table is where we will finish

• Like 1
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Even if this is true, you can't ignore our form in 2021. It's been shocking for the squad of players we have. No one is calling for Warnock to go on the back of just this result. It's the whole situation. We need to try something different or the season is a waste. 

Totally agree

Just now, Aphex_Boro said:

I think the point people are making is that there are several decent options we could go for, or even just give it to a total unknown from abroad who plays good stuff.

What's the point keeping him? We literally cannot get any worse.

Disagree. I think the past has proven we can get considerably worse.

• Like 1

Can we just nail this question of fan loyalty once and for all? If the club doesn’t exist for its fans, why does it exist? Football clubs are certainly not profitable organisations, in the main. If a manager and/or team and/or chairman loses the confidence of the fan base, that’s it! Over and out. From what I’ve seen on OneBoro recently – and elsewhere – that point has been reached. I don’t think anyone wants or expects the fans to run the club, but they are the bums on seats that justify the club’s existence.

• Like 3

were in a relegation fight as we speak, if wasnt for derby being deducted points we'd be only 3 points off the relegation places.
Also i assume your saying it can get worse aka woodgate, ill just point out that neil warnocks points per game this season are the same as  woodgates were the season  he was sacked....let that sink in.

Edited by tmcc
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1