oneBoro Forum

Hull City v Boro 2-0

I just don't see the point in keeping Warnock on.

We're not playing well enough/getting the results to be guaranteed safety, and we're certainly not developing players for the future.

It's all well and good beating Sheffield United, but losing to Hull should be a sacking offence by itself.

We have Peterborough next, nailed on to be another defeat as it stands.

When was the last time we went on a proper run? December last year?

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reading - worst defence in the league, no clean sheets, enter Boro. Hull - longest run without a win in all four divisions, enter Boro. It just isn’t happening- Warnocks promotion teams would have won

In 1801, Middlesbrough was a small farm with a population of just 25. Joseph Pease of Darlington needed a port for his coal ships, so created 'Port Darlington' and brought in Irish labourers to create

If he can’t do anymore with this squad then he needs to go

Posted Images

I don’t know what the aim for this season is anymore?

if it’s to plod on with warnock then what was the point in the loan signings and payero, would have been better to save the money surely?

If the aim was to ‘give it a go’ then we must make a change right now because that clearly hasn’t worked out. 

Weve gone from endless ‘transition’ seasons to multiple seasons of floating around not really aiming at anything. When you think it can’t get worse it always does.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

"Sacked in the morning" chants from some of our fans when they scored the 2nd, probably what kicked off the fighting.

Never heard of Boro fans, especially away ones, being so divided.

I’ve seen the Boro fans fighting each other before about sacking a manager or not.

Barnsley away, Mowbray’s last game in charge, 3-0 down at half time. The fans were launching over seats at other fans calling for Mogga’s head.

Like I said that game was his last in charge…

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
14 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I’ve seen the Boro fans fighting each other before about sacking a manager or not.

Barnsley away, Mowbray’s last game in charge, 3-0 down at half time. The fans were launching over seats at other fans calling for Mogga’s head.

Like I said that game was his last in charge…

I think I mentioned that game the other day.

I think there is a breakdown at the club, well I think there has been for quite a while but I’m referring to player, manager in this case. I have no idea what manager would come I hope it’s not one from our past group but I fear it could be a xplayer who is breaking into a mangers role. I hope I am wrong just think who I could be referring. Anyway it’s time to rally the call to arms and call back all loaned players..  

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I wonder if we can still get a pear drop for Spence's services. That was the going rate for him, right?

In all seriousness, I'm glad he's doing well with Forest. I just hope it's for our benefit and this isn't just another situation where Warnock's juggernaut approach has killed off a player before they've even really started to find their feet.

Hopefully it will help us get some decent money for him in the summer, or maybe even January.  I think he won't be back playing here again regardless now.

Couldn't care less about Spence, tbh, he almost never looked interested in his time here and it always felt like he thought he was better than the club.

Maybe it was just Warnock but he had the same drop off under Woodgate.

I'm in two minds about his Forest loan, because the better he does the more we can gain in transfer fee, but the better he does the more candles in the window there'll be on Teesside 

• Like 3

Was anything actually said about why payero was missing by Warnock?

All I can find is a snippet in the gazette saying "Payero we know has been struggling with a knee injury". But that just seems to be speculation based on being told he had a knock when he was missing a few weeks ago. As far as I can see there's no substance to. Was he asked?

56 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Maybe it was just Warnock but he had the same drop off under Woodgate.

Which is weird when you think he'd played 300 first team games by that point and really should have been more consistent...

Won't be long and we can get rid of Jones as well 🙃

28 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Was anything actually said about why payero was missing by Warnock?

All I can find is a snippet in the gazette saying "Payero we know has been struggling with a knee injury". But that just seems to be speculation based on being told he had a knock when he was missing a few weeks ago. As far as I can see there's no substance to. Was he asked?

I think they mentioned on bbc tees that Payero was injured yesterday in training. 

My forest supporting mate said Spence kissed the badge when he scored. 

it makes me so mad to know we got rid of him for Warnocks preference of Peltier and he’s flourishing. When was the last time we had a player flourish and improve while being here?

I think Warnock is referring to it being difficult because of the injuries and suspensions he has now accumulated. 

Gibson needs to act. If he doesn’t he’s accepting that he’s happy with how things are. How much longer could he need to make his mind up?

The more comments I read the more annoyed I'm getting. Gibson and Warnock's friendship. It doesn't stretch any further than Warnock's fat pay slip, all expenses, plus free board and lodge at Rockcliffe, with flights back and fourth to Cornwall. Gibson's a prize mug.

7 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Which is weird when you think he'd played 300 first team games by that point and really should have been more consistent...

Won't be long and we can get rid of Jones as well 🙃

It's not just him struggling on the pitch though, we've had two managers in a row questioning his attitude in training, the second disliked it that much that he loaned him out rather than have him around the place.

17 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's not just him struggling on the pitch though, we've had two managers in a row questioning his attitude in training, the second disliked it that much that he loaned him out rather than have him around the place.

I have zero trust in Warnock so I doubt that’s true. Wornock just likes an old clogger who will just hoof the ball without questions asked. He’s a terrible manager who will lie when it suits his agenda. 

• Like 1