oneBoro Forum

Hull City v Boro 2-0

I think this is just what we’re going to have to accept this season. We probably won’t go up or down. We should’ve been two up before their goal with the chances we had but we weren’t. Those chances aside, I’m not sure anyone would’ve been able to pick the bottom of the league side from either of us. Radical acceptance of the circumstances we find ourselves in this season might be the best way forward. Next season will be different (it’s only October) …

• Like 1
  • Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reading - worst defence in the league, no clean sheets, enter Boro. Hull - longest run without a win in all four divisions, enter Boro. It just isn’t happening- Warnocks promotion teams would have won

In 1801, Middlesbrough was a small farm with a population of just 25. Joseph Pease of Darlington needed a port for his coal ships, so created 'Port Darlington' and brought in Irish labourers to create

If he can’t do anymore with this squad then he needs to go

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Hope he goes but I really don't think he does. Think the sheff utd game saved him.for another while 

Depressing but I also feel this is the case. Gibson won’t sack him and Warnock is a stubborn old *** who won’t admit he’s wrong so won’t walk. 

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

He’s good until he has to do the important bit. Poor final ball, shot and decision making. Hasn’t got over 10 goal contributions in a season yet

I’m just feeling sorry for myself, impulse took over.  Agreed he is good until the bit that’s important 

Funny thing is as *** as we were and as *** as the result was, we still created enough chances to win the game. They were good, clear chances aswell. 2 1v1’s, Tav from like two yards out, and Tav again in the second half.

• Like 2

I've said all sorts about Warnock and I don't want him here. Excuses are too little, too late no matter what the game right now.

But if any game were worthy of them, it feels like today. Particularly this second half. We have had 4 or 5 great chances to score today, Hull have got very lucky with a rebound after not threatening all game. The ref has stopped a free-kick the moment before it's been hit that would have been an equaliser and the 2nd goal is just a counter attack goal as we're chasing it.

Positives out of the way... we weren't exactly good in the game, were we? It feels pretty much like the Forest game again. Poor game but we were the better side and created more chances. I said at half time that we should win this and we absolutely should have. Tav and McNair have had good saves pulled out of Ingram, Sporar should score at least one of his chances and hasn't hit the target with either, Tav should play in Sporar when he takes his effort from the edge of the box.

We are unlucky to lose this game but I don't think it's because we played well, just better than the opposition. First half was really quite poor.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Pretty sure it's a rule change for this season. 

Just our luck. Maybe Siliki didn't get the memo? ☹️

Just to rub salt in the wounds Hull finally put a decent attack together in stoppage time...and put the game to bed. 

Boro defence in shambles...though maybe understandable given the state of the game. Their player did well to hold off our defence and stick it past Lumley. Fair play to them on that one.

Just such a weird game this one. Can't think of a side less deserving of a 2-0 win. Hull offered nothing during the 90 minutes and only went ahead through a freak goal.

I still don't know how we didn't have the game won by half time. Boro created enough to be comfortably leading at half time. Then could / should have had at least a couple more in the 2nd half.

Some inexplicably poor finishing...plus a ref who was undoubtedly on Hull's payroll didn't help.

Boro weren't brilliant by any means, but were considerably better than Hull and no way should we have lost 2-0.

I know some folks on here think I'm a Negative Nelly, but this is a perfect example of why I never get my hopes up where Boro are concerned.

I actually don't think we did a lot wrong today (the awful first 30 minutes aside). When we started actually playing we looked pretty good. Only let down by final passes and finishing.

Hull got incredibly lucky with their opener and exploited Boro's open defence late on when we were chasing an equaliser. Again, totally underserved IMO, but the footballing gods clearly decided they were to win today...

We were shockingly poor for the opening 25 minutes and never troubled their Keeper through the entire first half. We looked second best all over the pitch. Bola sleeping giving away possession and then Tav beating his man and then setting him up before fouling him and adding to our Yellow card collection. Overall our first half was nothing short of terrible and incoherent.

The second half wasn't much better but we could have nicked it had Tav not wet his Y fronts yet again while Sporar went for the difficult angle instead of keeping it simple and chipping the Keeper. Those were two superb chances but that was all we created in open play in 90 minutes. The Ref was garbage but our entire game plan and Warnock's  hoof ball tactics was worse than dire to endure. All this against the worst side in the Championship not the League leaders. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I wouldn’t blame the ref. I’ve always said that it isn’t helping us that Warnock is an embarrassing imbecile on the touch line who spend more time berating the ref than actually managing his “football” team. 

Exactly this. I’ve said this before. It isn’t coincidence why we get so many bad decisions given against us. When our manager constantly abuses every single referee, it is only natural that they will give 50-50 decisions against us. 

• Like 1