Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything's going a bit too well 

Ever since the Pally fanny incident our luck has turned.

Ah those infamous Russian honey traps 😉

Posted Images

One thing I agreed on with Warnock is that WBA, Bournemouth, Fulham and Sheff Utd will probs make up top 4. Jokanovic will have Sheff Utd up there once they find rhythm.

And despite how awful we been I genuinely dont think the teams aiming for 5th and 6th are any better than we are. 

Anything but a play off spot will be a failure this season.

The contenders for me along with us (or should be): Stoke, QPR and Cardiff (despite they very bad week). N if Cooper can get going at Forest no reason why they cant be ip there as they got squad for it. 

I see Coventry n Blackburn falling away despite they good starts.

17 hours ago, TLF10 said:

One thing I agreed on with Warnock is that WBA, Bournemouth, Fulham and Sheff Utd will probs make up top 4. Jokanovic will have Sheff Utd up there once they find rhythm.

And despite how awful we been I genuinely dont think the teams aiming for 5th and 6th are any better than we are. 

Anything but a play off spot will be a failure this season.

The contenders for me along with us (or should be): Stoke, QPR and Cardiff (despite they very bad week). N if Cooper can get going at Forest no reason why they cant be ip there as they got squad for it. 

I see Coventry n Blackburn falling away despite they good starts.

Sheff Utd have no chance of making the play offs as things currently stand.  They can't score enough goals and win enough games to get there.  They need to see a drastic improvement to have a decent chance.  I mentioned on the match thread that other than one big win they've only scored 7 goals in 9 games, and I don't think they looked massively threatening against us.  If that's the level they are playing at then they'll be a Championship club again next season.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Sheff Utd have no chance of making the play offs as things currently stand.  They can't score enough goals and win enough games to get there.  They need to see a drastic improvement to have a decent chance.  I mentioned on the match thread that other than one big win they've only scored 7 goals in 9 games, and I don't think they looked massively threatening against us.  If that's the level they are playing at then they'll be a Championship club again next season.

Agreed but dont write them off after just 10 games.

Jokanovic did same at Fulham if i recall. Started very poorly and up until Xmas they were very hit and miss. He then at turn of the year went on a very good run and ended up getting them promoted. If he gets to grips with Sheff Utd he will get them up. Its not like they not got the squad for it. And got a good manager. I still think they should be considered as one of favourites for play offs.

Think we are way to hit n miss to get into the playoffs. At least when we have Warnock as manager. We're just bouncing between decent and atrocious and you never know which kind of team will turn up. Looking at the fixture list up until mid december we simply have to be firmly in the top-6 by then if we have any real hopes of challenging. I maintain that we will finish 8-12th under Warnock.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah hopefully we are there or thereabouts come Jan. We really need a left back as Bola seems to have got this niggle he cannot shake off.

I would not be against a RB on loan either which sounds bonkers given we got 3 but Fisher is out for the season and Dijksteel just seems prone to these “several week” lay offs.

On 10/24/2021 at 11:13 AM, Maccarone said:

Luton and West Brom will be good guides to our chances,  two decent teams, see how we match up

Yeah. If we can get 5 points from the next three I think we will have done well, although we have the team to beat Brum and Luton, despite Luton being in very good form.

I expected to see optimism rise after three wins on the bounce and it has, as many have blown out there lanterns and laid down there pitch forks, but not yet sure we will see fans on the terraces bouncing about singing “we are going to win the league” The feel good factor has entered town, a bit sheepishly but let’s hope it hangs around for sometime, even decides to stay until the end offseason. 

Strange enough I feel elated after the United v Liverpool game and looking forward to Spurs at the weekend. I hope Spurs contribute to the party with a resounding win.
I heard a rumour energy firms are preparing for power surges as the nation tunes in for the biggest game since 1966. Breweries and event organisers are predicting a sellout and hoping parties can begin as early as the start of the second half, while Heath organisation announced, a decisive Spurs win is just what the country needs after the misery of last year.  

Martin Scorsese Lol GIF

• 1 month later...
  • Brunners changed the title to Play-Off Rivals/Contenders