oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

We already have a thread debating Warnock's suitability (or otherwise) for the Boro manager's job. Since it seems inevitable he'll be leaving in the foreseeable future (and possibly imminently), I thought it'd be useful to start a thread about who his replacement should be, and whether it's a rest-of-the-season stopgap to give Kieran Scott time to settle in, or an Aitor-style long-term appointment.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

Someone who knows the grass is on the ground ... 

The only spells we have been creative, have come from good play and link up on the ground, not the retarded aimless long balls.

Someone with the right mindset, who can use the talent Scott can dig up.

Someone who is an honest bloke, who doesn't only think about his own reputation.

I’d like lampard, I think he did well with the youth players at both derby and Chelsea. Going forward I would really like us to focus on developing our young players and bringing new ones in e.g. Payero and I think lampard would be perfect for us. I think he has some real pull power when it comes to signings too. I think young players all over the world would love to play under lampard due to how good he was as a player. I also wouldn’t mind a manager abroad which is probably the most likely option imo. Can’t say I’m knowledgeable enough to suggest any names though. 

• Like 6

Shevchenko. 

Probably very far fetched but he's just resigned from Ukraine and has said he wants to manage in the UK next. 

Probably waiting for a premier League club but you never know.. we did get karanka ahead of premier league opposition. 

• Like 1

Reiziger and Lampard my first two. More importantly I'd rather we didn't get someone in that instantly splits the fan base like our previous 4 appointments. I think probably 95% of the fanbase would get behind a Lampard or Reiziger. Makes it much less toxic.

• Like 6

I'm not sure about lampard. He did ok with derby, but that was a massively over powered derby squad for this league when you look at how good his loanees actually are now. He should have gotten them promoted imo, probably automatically.

His stint with chelsea was just bad. He the players good enough to win the champions league and had them languishing in mid table in the same season. 

• Like 1

I dont know many of the overseas bosses that are available/feasible bar Reizger but from the domestic ones my top 3 choices would be:

1. Eddie Howe

2. Frank Lampard

3. Chris Wilder

27 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Shevchenko. 

Probably very far fetched but he's just resigned from Ukraine and has said he wants to manage in the UK next. 

Probably waiting for a premier League club but you never know.. we did get karanka ahead of premier league opposition. 

And they never went back for him afterwards!😉

To be honest I do not see NW leaving this season but if so would favour Howe becuase of his knowledge at Championship level.

Whilst I am being honest I see Woodgate being involved with the club with Downing as his number 2

Somebody young with a proper background in coaching. Somebody not from Teesside. I’m not bothered about getting a big name though the door - we’ve tried that. I’m going to say somebody who has come up through the German or Dutch systems, as these seem to be the most progressive and imaginative in terms of mindset. Well organised, driven and with a clear vision. Not somebody who has had a good playing career and essentially ‘fancies a crack’ at management regardless whether they are really cut out for it. Someone who considers coaching their vocation and has a deep knowledge and passion for it, rather than an afterthought at the end of a playing career. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

To be honest I do not see NW leaving this season but if so would favour Howe becuase of his knowledge at Championship level.

Whilst I am being honest I see Woodgate being involved with the club with Downing as his number 2

After that interview he gave slagging Gibson off?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

As toilet attendants...

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)