oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

Surely it just has to be whoever Scott identifies inline with whatever club strategy and playing style we want to implement.

I hope its someone we haven't heard of personally, no preconceptions that way. 

And I do think its vital that Scott tells the fans what that vision is once the appointment is made. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

Why are we trusting Scott with appointing a manager? He's a glorified scout! The fella has no track record of it.

Remember where we were before Warnock and the hole he dug us out of, and be careful what you wish for.

• Confused 2
  • Wow 1
Just now, mendieta420 said:

Why are we trusting Scott with appointing a manager? He's a glorified scout! The fella has no track record of it.

Remember where we were before Warnock and the hole he dug us out of, and be careful what you wish for.

Because he's our Head of Football. It's in his remit. If we didn't trust him to do it, we wouldn't have hired him to do it. But right now, that's part of his job.

I do remember where we were before Warnock. We'd put a manager in charge without any experience of the job because we knew who he was, we put a PR man in charge of football recruitment and made up stuff about a Golden Thread. Unless that's what you expect Scott to do...

• Like 11
4 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Well first of all it's his job, so you would think he has some experience in identifying the right traits. It's pretty clear that Gibsons judgement on managers are sketchy at best and tend to go from one knee jerk reaction to another.

• Like 4

It won't be solely upto Kieron Scott, Gibson will have the final say. Hopefully he listens though. Last time he listened to someone was Peter Kenyon and we ended up with Karanka and a promotion.

• Like 5
35 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

It won't be solely upto Kieron Scott, Gibson will have the final say. Hopefully he listens though. Last time he listened to someone was Peter Kenyon and we ended up with Karanka and a promotion.

eye scott might be able to explain to gibson what type of football the manager plays and if that would suite our philosophy looking forward. gibbo just seems to hire anyone he can when desperate. regardless of suitability. he may also be able to explain to gibson that hiring a manager who doesnt suite our squad would want another squad overhaul costing him loads of money. he might understand that bit.

• Like 2

Ryan Lowe, Alex Neil, Appleton, Terry, Lampard would be on my list and i imagine Scott knows some top coaches throughout Europe and I'd personally like to go down that route again. Possession football would be great. 

Edited by Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, uncle_rico said:

I think Norwich and Farke might part ways at some point this season, or at least at the end of it. Wouldn't be a surprise to see him at Boro.

Farke in hell

4 hours ago, DevKWat said:

You could drag a random bloke off the street and I’d trust him to make a better judgment on a potential manager than Gibson..

Given some of the names suggested on here i would not trust some of our board members to make a better Judgement than Gibson never mind a random bloke of the street. 

Edited by TLF10
2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Because that's his job. 

And Warnock currently has us on exactly the same performance level as Woodgate.

2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

What do you think the role Head of Football entails? Because for me if it doesn't include selecting the manager then he's not really the head of football at all.

does nobody think its a bit weird us all speculating about who the next manager is going to be when warnock hasn't been sacked nor has their been anything said to suggest he's about to be ... I highly doubt SG is going to sack NW in what is no doubt going to be his last ever season as a manager unless it looks like we are seriously going down . If we are speculating about the summer when NW leaves then that's also pointless because alot can change between now and then in terms of whos in a job and whos available .

Just now, Skinemrippers said:

Scott getting a lot of credit for finding players that our new head of recruitment identified! I do think he’ll be responsible for finding the new manager though and is probably well under way with that already 

Scott has to be able to put the right people in place and if that head of recruitment is someone who he can work with and it is paying off in any way then kudos to the both of them and to the recruitment system within the club. It's only better for us if the collective effort pays off so lets hope Scott and whoever else is involved can find the right man to take those players to the next level.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)