oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

The thing is if Warnock isn't going to get us in the playoffs this season it's pointless him remaining. We better to get a new manager in who will have rest this season to get used to the club, players and create a winning style of play. So we are ready to finally smash the league next season 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

9 hours ago, DevKWat said:

A2BEB220-18A6-40B8-A4DA-26816CE31DE8.jpeg

Just another journo looking for something to write about. Pretty stupid article, given no-one actually expects us to get anything today.

I could understand Warnock being sacked for losing a game we're expected to win. But given what we know about the club's intentions, in terms of recruiting his replacement, he's only likely to leave if we end up in a relegation battle.

8 hours ago, Boromadman said:

bet its a draw hahaha

It would be "typical Boro" if we managed not to lose. Not that I expect us to avoid defeat...but stranger things have happened.

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Just another journo looking for something to write about. Pretty stupid article, given no-one actually expects us to get anything today.

I could understand Warnock being sacked for losing a game we're expected to win. But given what we know about the club's intentions, in terms of recruiting his replacement, he's only likely to leave if we end up in a relegation battle.

Alternatively, if we win a game we were expected to lose whilst losing a game we were expecting to win, you could say it balances it out. I said before, 12 points from 18 between the breaks is a bare minimum for me and ultimately that means the difference between reaching that bare minimum is winning today.

So it's not necessarily that we expect Warnock to win today on the basis of comparing these two sides. Just that comparing the sides we've played since coming back from the last break to us may mean we set him a target of 12 points from 18, and in the games against Brum and Luton, we didn't earn the 3 points required to hit that target. Today is more difficult but it's still better than no chance at all to make that target.

I wouldn't be against Dean Smith but I'd sooner Garry Monk came back than have John Terry.

Though I don't think anyone sacked in the near future, like Smith and Farke, will immediately jump in to a new job, so they'll be suggestions for the future rather than the present.

• Like 1

Why would Dean Smith join a bottom half Championship side? Okay Villa are on a bad run but they won't go down... He'd only be sacked for not matching the owners ambition. He's a proven PL manager at this point.

Can we even afford him? He'd probably only need to wait a few months for another PL job.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Alex Neil would be my shout the new bloke we brought in from Norwich knows him very well

I'd be surprised if Scott knows him that well. He was only at the club a few months before Neil left (who would probably have had more contact with Stuart Webber in any case).

• Downsouth changed the title to Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)