oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

Interview on Sky just now. Says recruitment team were too slow with 4-5 signings he wanted. Thinks we’d have got promotion.  Sounded pretty disappointed but still smiling, I expect he won’t hold back in the coming weeks. I thought when asked who the new man is he said “you wouldn’t know him” but can’t have been if it’s Wilder. Did say they’ve been talking about the new guy for 3 weeks - must have been a pretty horrible place to be for a while. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

I think my final comment in this, for the time being, is that given how our last few managerial appointments have turned out, if the club hasn't done due diligence and made sure the new guy is actually what they are looking for...and similarly made sure the new encumbent knows exactly what they are getting into, then its the board that needs sacking...not the manager...

• Like 5

Timing seems like it may have pushed the club to act now with the International break here, Wilder was the bookies favourite for 4-5 jobs I think he's a good appointment.

My only worry is he spent 2 years at Sheff U chasing wingers and stockpiling strikers... sounds like he'll fit right in at Boro!!

• Like 1
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

I'm happy with Chris Wilder, he did a fantastic job at Sheffield United.

My only negative is there are already a few unhappy with his appointment.

And I’m not sure why. Got Sheffield promoted playing exciting, expansive football. 

Probably because he’s not some random foreign manager with an ‘exciting’ name. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

To add to this... The season sheff utd got promoted, they scored 78 goals. Last season, the only team to score more than that were Brentford with 79. 

Bring on wilder and utfb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were hoping for a renaissance, a long term plan, a new dawning, a new exciting Boro rising from the ashes, a sexy young up and coming Continental Coach who would have us united. Looking forward to a future full of style and swashbuckling Latin fervour, welcome Christiano Wilderini.

Looks very much like a Gibson appointment, more Typical Boro after the Scott false dawn? 

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)