oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

13 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

And I’m not sure why. Got Sheffield promoted playing exciting, expansive football. 

Probably because he’s not some random foreign manager with an ‘exciting’ name. 

It's more the apparent lack of planning - Wilder is selected now because he is unemployed and because Barnsley and whoever else are interested.

If NW made it to the end of the season, I don't think Wilder is in the running. If he was top of our list, why have we waited so long to approach him? We could have had him in the summer.

It feels knee jerk, rather than considered, long term thinking.

• Like 7
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

Shame it didn't work out with NW. He should have left after keeping us up and he'd have been a hero on Teesside. Just stuck around a bit too long. Now seems like he's going to be slagging us off to anyone who'll listen.

Not sure how i feel about Wilder. Did well with Shef Utd, but I was hoping after bringing Scott in that we would unearth some gem of a manager (a Karanka with slightly better man management) and be a modern, progressive club. Wilder doesn't feel all that modern or progressive. 

Cue Scott quitting in the next few days as this was all done over his head...

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Boromadman said:

wilder ? the guy who spent £42 million on mcBurnie and brewster ... no thanks . JT can p#ss off too

Apart from those signings being horrendous. You look at the signings he made and his playing squad with Sheff United, there certainly wasn't any Payeros and Sporars amongst them. 

Again just feels like the club is confused about where it wants to go.

• Like 4

I personally would have wanted Mogga back but I know many would shoot that down and it ended badly last time but I will give Wilder my support. 

As for Warnock glad he had gone . Today’s interview again showed his lack of class . He has massively underachieved with this squad , regardless of what he would have everyone believe

10 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I'm sure we'll here Neil's version of event on Jim Whites show at some point next week. 🙄

I’d like to hope that, when he does, everyone on here will know to take Neil’s words with a pinch of salt. We all know by now that the man is full of ***!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Hmm not excited about Wilder tbh. Took him a long time to build an (admittedly good) side at Sheff Utd.

Are we going to be that patient? How long will it take to get the players he needs for that style of play?

Didn't he take Sheffield straight up after League One? Or was it 2 years? Either way, he had to do a complete rebuild job of that club in League One and was pretty much untouchable there until it all went kaput, as it so often does at every club these days.

2 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Hmm not excited about Wilder tbh. Took him a long time to build an (admittedly good) side at Sheff Utd.

Are we going to be that patient? How long will it take to get the players he needs for that style of play?

He got them from League One to the Prem within 3 seasons. Barring back to back promotions he couldn't have done it any quicker! 

Chris Wilder got promoted with Marvin Johnson in his squad I think he'll like what he has to work with at Boro, except GK - time to bring Stojanovic out from the cold?

• Downsouth changed the title to Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)