oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TheHolgate said:

When I first heard Wilder I was a bit underwhelmed. 

I'll get behind him in the hope he isn't just another bloke on the managerial merry go round. 

He's not. Every new job he's taken has been a step upwards and he has been successful in all of them. 

5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

In 4 years, wilder achieved promotion from league 1, promotion from the championship and a 9th place finish in the premier league. 

While playing great football may I add. Some people have got a completely wrong perspective of Wilder. 

• Like 7
13 minutes ago, Boromadman said:

wilder ? the guy who spent £42 million on mcBurnie and brewster ... no thanks . JT can p#ss off too

Dont think he will be doing something like that again with Scott there. 

Wilder fell out with Prince Abdullah (House of Saud) at Sheffield United, who knows what that dynamic was like. 

On the pitch, Chris Wilder is a good (and proven) as we could have hoped for. I'm excited. we are only a few pieces away from being a really good team. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

He got them from League One to the Prem within 3 seasons. Barring back to back promotions he couldn't have done it any quicker! 

Hmm okay maybe it happened a bit faster than I thought. Still think he's got a hell of a job to get our squad playing like that and things may get worse before they get better.

If we see signs of improvement towards a new style of play then I'm happy for this to be a transition season. 

• Like 1
Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

While playing great football may I add. Some people have got a completely wrong perspective of Wilder. 

Correct. There are some very lazy takes going about.

• Like 2

Does anyone know what the loan terms on Spence were? Can we recall him in January?

A back 3 plus wing backs of this would be absolutely perfect for wilders overlapping centre back style -

Dijksteel fry mcnair

Spence.                              Bola

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Does anyone know what the loan terms on Spence were? Can we recall him in January?

A back 3 plus wing backs of this would be absolutely perfect for wilders overlapping centre back style -

Dijksteel fry mcnair

Paddy McNair will be a big part of the system moving forward. The timing of that Heitor story (Brazilian wb) is interesting now too. 

Warnock said on Sky that the new manager has been lined up for 2/3 weeks, so any recent transfer stories probably have everyone aligned. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Dijksteel fry mcnair

Was announced as a season long loan, so I'd assume not.

This really feels like we were worried about Wilder going elsewhere rather than being a deliberate thought out choice.

If he was our number 1 guy why not do it last summer?

Why renew Warnock?

Why appoint Scott and bring in a guy who doesn’t want/like D of F?

It’s going to be an interesting watch. It feels disjointed but I hope it works out. 

• Like 4
Just now, boksicdink said:

Paddy McNair will be a big part of the system moving forward. The timing of that Heitor story (Brazilian wb) is interesting now too. 

Warnock said on Sky that the new manager has been lined up for 2/3 weeks, so any recent transfer stories probably have everyone aligned. 

Very true, makes a lot of sense. Just hope wilder takes McNair by the scruff of the neck and tells him to stop diving. Agree that he is perfect for that role though. Dijksteel too tbh. He couldn't ask for two centre backs more comfortable with the ball in this division.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

To add to this... The season sheff utd got promoted, they scored 78 goals. Last season, the only team to score more than that were Brentford with 79. 

Bring on wilder and utfb

Without trying to sound arsey, you being on board with Wilder has cheered me up a fair bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)