oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

I see a few people have got their knickers in a twist over the foreign coach comment. 

Thats what I expected with the direction we seemed to be going in with Scott and some of the signings.

There's no guarantee a foreign coach would be better but they seem to be more at home with the DOF approach and with signings being brought in for them. Wilder literally fell out with his last club over that setup. 

The other plus with a foreign coach is that they might have a few contacts abroad and knowledge of players oversees which someone like Wilder might not have. 

Let's see what happens, I know people are ecstatic that Warnock has gone, I'm just surprised at the direction we've gone in. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Good video, what I got from that is his teams are well coached, well organised defensively and play on the counter. 

It doesn't sound like the out and out attacking football that some people are predicting though. 

Just bare in mind that the video is focusing heavily on their system/style whilst in the Prem.

Although they had a very similar in the Championship, they were able to dominate teams, due to the players being similar levels of ability (comparatively).

9 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

My personal hatred for wing backs is what's getting me.

On paper he's about as good as we could have hoped for. Although I hope Scott has big enough balls to get his signings in rather than 15m Mcburnies. Definitely seems like that's the biggest gripe all the Sheff United fans had with him. 

You’d be right to hate wing backs with the way we’ve used them in recent years. Under Wilder they are fundamental to the way he plays and are extremely effective. Teams/managers couldn’t figure out how to stop the wingbacks/overlapping cb system when sheff got promoted.

51 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I assume Wilder will want Alan Knill in as his number 2. Joined the Wales coaching staff in the summer after departing the blades with Wilder last season.

If he does come, I think it is definitely an upgrade, the football will definitely be more watchable and the same applies to Knill, although it would have been much better if his first name was Juan. As always, I will support the team regardless of who is in the dugout, but for whatever reason, I feel that we have a chance of making big strides in the next few months. Hopefully the first thing he sorts is the frequency of lengthy injuries and finding round pegs to fit in round holes. NW probably stayed too long, but he has given us a glimpse of future in Jones and Coburn, and if Wilder can tempt Djed, Coulson and others to stay then great.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Do we think Farke being available might change things or are we too far down the Wilder road?

How can it change things when we have a superbly well thought out long term plan in place?  🙃

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Haha, that would be great.

Not sure how I feel about Wilder as a long term appointment.

Do you mean that Scott/Farke would perhaps have a similar mindset and mentality let alone methodology which would perhaps see a beneficial synergy with regards to tactics and recruitment versus Wilder being a complete new wildcard knee jerk Gibson appointment?

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)