oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

The other day in the EG he was promoting how he drove up to BORO as a favour to SG to help him out. Professing his admiration on SG knowledge about football and how much they chat about what was happening on the pitch and SG understanding. Strange 24 hours latter he is slagging the support and blaming everyone but himself. 

Yea and he’s probably driving back with a nice wedge of cash in his boot. Any one involved in anyway in the game could see he needed to leave dont see why he’s so bitter. Yes we may have missed out on ‘his’ players but the team he ended up with isn’t exactly terrible and definately better than 14th place with some shocking stats to go with it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

If it is Wilder it’s very likely to be this system, I’d like us to sign a better deep playmaker to take Howson’s place and another striker to partner Sporar but this looks good 

73A19BDE-B997-4BC5-A81D-93BB22FBD8F5.png

• Sad 1
6 minutes ago, Blanco said:

True story 👍 I think the Farke situation is interesting. Did he know this morning that it was his last game at Norwich?

It's begs the question doesn't it, I'd imagine Webber and Scott are still close so it's very possible the decision had been made via to there game aswell and Scott knew about it which could of been the trigger for us acting.

The only part of the Wilder appointment that doesn't make sense is Warnock's comment that the new manager knows some people here, and his suggestion that people here won't know the new guy. Wilder doesn't meet either of those criteria, as far as I can tell.

Farke matches the description a bit more, but we have to assume he didn't know he was about to be sacked, so how could he have been offered the Boro job, especially when Gibson tries to avoid approaching managers in work?

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

If it is Wilder it’s very likely to be this system, I’d like us to sign a better deep playmaker to take Howson’s place and another striker to partner Sporar but this looks good 

73A19BDE-B997-4BC5-A81D-93BB22FBD8F5.png

As if you're dropping Haaland Coburn

• Haha 1

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us is a massive coup in my opinion.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Yea and he’s probably driving back with a nice wedge of cash in his boot. Any one involved in anyway in the game could see he needed to leave dont see why he’s so bitter. Yes we may have missed out on ‘his’ players but the team he ended up with isn’t exactly terrible and definately better than 14th place with some shocking stats to go with it.

Just read the interview and it’s NW accusations are shocking even by his own standards. Just the “I know Steve I read it in the paper” but I read the EG and it may have predicted a sacking as we all did but let’s face facts the EG know as much as we did, nothing. To say he expected more from SG indicates he blames him, period. It also indicates SG is not managing the club very well and the back room staff are, whow. which he also accuses of impedance, deliberate intent not to give him players he demanded, which is beyond belief. To cap it off he then states the next manager will likely get the support he was never afforded, there by finishing his tenure by serving the poisoned chalice.  

Ah sez t’ Ronneh ah sez  'Weve been fucken sacked, wheres Blackie gerrim toll'd  t'eh leave'. He sez 'yer jokin he gorrah house in Inglebeh', Bloodeh boro fans, shudda kept quiet. Miss meh wen back in Cornwall wi’ Sharon and gran kids. Warnock will beh back. Got wun finel challengeh in me lockeh, ah will show Gibboh and Bauseh. Deareh me. New gaffa will like Crooksy e will sah tha worrah Warnock signing thah wor.

• Haha 4

The Sherlock in me can't help thinking ... 

WHAT IF: 

Scott has good connections with Norwich still and have told them, if they ever wanted to get rid of Farke, to give Scott a heads up about it .. 

The people NW talked about in Boro who would know the new manager could be Scott and Hernandez ... 

Personally I do think Wilder would suit us better and has achieved more with less, but I am interested in what Farke and Scott could achieve together .. 

Roll on monday, where we appoint Downing with leo as his numbah two

Edited by SmogDane
7 minutes ago, TheTeesTease said:

Why do some people want Farke over Wilder? I'm not overly excited about the appointment myself if it is confirmed but surely if you compare the two CVs, Wilder's is more impressive?

I like his name better.

• Downsouth changed the title to Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)