oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

It is a funny old game and all are entitled to their own opinions and without reading previous posts going to add my own two pence worth in what I can only describe asa bit of a fiasco!

Clearly as many others feel NW should have departed a long time ago for many reasons despite being a loveable old scoundral whom I bet can very easily manipulate and sublimely influence those around him for his own personal reasons!

However and if his version of the departure is correct then Boro did not handle that aspect as well as they should of, but then as a club we do not often get it right an just muddle along until the next time. Last night after the game had a bit of a pantomine feeling to it with the very seldom scene of Manager and coaching staff saying farewell to both fans and players very publicly and then NW being able to "tell it" from nis point of view before any official announcement.

I found it telling that he took a few side swipes at the club and knowing NW and his ego i am sure we will be privvy to a lot more about what happened over the recent weeks or so. At least Boro gave him the opportunity to reach a milestone target of games in charge.

A pattern is emerging in the calibre of Managers Boro are appointing and as already stated this is a personal view point.

Pulis, Warnock and now Wilder fairly similar to one another but one thing is for sure Boro tend to appoint Managers that straight away divide fans opinions and we now again are in that position with the appointment of Chris Wilder.

Don't get me wrong I really do wish him the best but really was he the best option for Boro moving ahead? yes he got Sheffield United into the PL but was not able to keep them there and continue to grow and suffered the consequences but I did not see a pletherer of clubs trying to obtain his services after his own sacking.

Boro had a chance to do something different and I do wonder what Scott is doing behind the scenes if this is his best recommendation for Boro.

To me we are back to square one I am not excited about this appointment in fact I am disappointed to a greater degree but anyway welcome Chris Wilder to the club, you do have to win a few fans over but all Boro fans will wish you luck with your job ahead.

Lastly there maybe a glimmer of progress depending on the back room and coaching staff as I do not have a clue as to whom he will appoint but hopefully they are going to be much younger than our previous regime

Going to now catch up on the unread posts to see what you guys think as I might be the only one thinking the way I do

• Like 3
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, TheJew said:

So has Wilder now been confirmed or is there still a chance we could get Farke?

The guy on twitter (the one who said NW was going after the WBA game) said its still not confirmed. 

Which officially by the club its not, but the media say it is.. let's see

30 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

It is a funny old game and all are entitled to their own opinions and without reading previous posts going to add my own two pence worth in what I can only describe asa bit of a fiasco!

Clearly as many others feel NW should have departed a long time ago for many reasons despite being a loveable old scoundral whom I bet can very easily manipulate and sublimely influence those around him for his own personal reasons!

However and if his version of the departure is correct then Boro did not handle that aspect as well as they should of, but then as a club we do not often get it right an just muddle along until the next time. Last night after the game had a bit of a pantomine feeling to it with the very seldom scene of Manager and coaching staff saying farewell to both fans and players very publicly and then NW being able to "tell it" from nis point of view before any official announcement.

I found it telling that he took a few side swipes at the club and knowing NW and his ego i am sure we will be privvy to a lot more about what happened over the recent weeks or so. At least Boro gave him the opportunity to reach a milestone target of games in charge.

A pattern is emerging in the calibre of Managers Boro are appointing and as already stated this is a personal view point.

Pulis, Warnock and now Wilder fairly similar to one another but one thing is for sure Boro tend to appoint Managers that straight away divide fans opinions and we now again are in that position with the appointment of Chris Wilder.

Don't get me wrong I really do wish him the best but really was he the best option for Boro moving ahead? yes he got Sheffield United into the PL but was not able to keep them there and continue to grow and suffered the consequences but I did not see a pletherer of clubs trying to obtain his services after his own sacking.

Boro had a chance to do something different and I do wonder what Scott is doing behind the scenes if this is his best recommendation for Boro.

To me we are back to square one I am not excited about this appointment in fact I am disappointed to a greater degree but anyway welcome Chris Wilder to the club, you do have to win a few fans over but all Boro fans will wish you luck with your job ahead.

Lastly there maybe a glimmer of progress depending on the back room and coaching staff as I do not have a clue as to whom he will appoint but hopefully they are going to be much younger than our previous regime

Going to now catch up on the unread posts to see what you guys think as I might be the only one thinking the way I do

Excellent analysis and same thought process as me.

We are in a minority here unfortunately but I am not exciited by Wilder appointment.

He's walking into a tried and untested new regime at our club and we all know he left Sheff utd because he had problems working with a DOF which essentially Keiron Scott is. It's like we never learn and divide opinion from the onset.

With the foreign signings recently made, it screamed out for a foreign manager to take charge.

The name I was given for next summer appointment is obviously not available now and we felt we had to act now after some of the compromises were reached. Regardless of what Warnock says, he obviously knew was this coming long before 10am yesterday morning but he just didn't know when.

The ex player was Michael Reizeger. I heard a lot of people say he was interviewed after pulis left but that wasn't the case as Ajax Jong compensation was ludicrous so it never reached that point. 

Reizeger along with others were interviewed in last international break which I mentioned in a different thread and the shortlist was down to 4 so I can only presume timing is key here.

One silver lining is that Warnock has finally left (18months over due). Should of not been appointed after he kept us up.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
57 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Pulis, Warnock and now Wilder fairly similar to one another

Are they?

Bar the fact they're all British, I don't think there are too many similarities.

They don't play the same styles of football, they're all from different generations.

If his name was Christoff Wildiniho people would be far more accepting of Wilder.

The preference for Farke over him puzzles me given people are criticising Wilder for failing to keep Sheff U up in their second season (after a brilliant first season) whilst Farke has comprehensively failed each time he's managed in the PL.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 7
8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Are they?

Bar the fact they're all British, I don't think there are many similarities.

They don't play the same style of football, they're all from different generations.

Agree entirely.  Lazy generalisations at play here.  

• Like 6
17 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Excellent analysis and same thought process as me.

We are in a minority here unfortunately but I am not exciited by Wilder appointment.

He's walking into a tried and untested new regime at our club and we all know he left Sheff utd because he had problems working with a DOF which essentially Keiron Scott is. It's like we never learn and divide opinion from the onset.

With the foreign signings recently made, it screamed out for a foreign manager to take charge.

The name I was given for next summer appointment is obviously not available now and we felt we had to act now after some of the compromises were reached. Regardless of what Warnock says, he obviously knew was this coming long before 10am yesterday morning but he just didn't know when.

The ex player was Michael Reizeger. I heard a lot of people say he was interviewed after pulis left but that wasn't the case as Ajax Jong compensation was ludicrous so it never reached that point. 

Reizeger along with others were interviewed in last international break which I mentioned in a different thread and the shortlist was down to 4 so I can only presume timing is key here.

One silver lining is that Warnock has finally left (18months over due). Should of not been appointed after he kept us up.

There’s clearly a long standing interest in Reizeger.

Wishful thinking but maybe the club want a more experienced coach to begin with to help us transition into playing more progressive football and then give some like a Reizeger the job when the time is right.

We needed experience when Woodgate was appointed so hopefully Gibson and co have learned their lesson (very wishful thinking I know!)

I’d love to know what some of the compromises were @diggerlad07

I think a Reizinger appointment would have unified everyone and brought some excitement - are we saying he was interviewed but Wilder was preferred or he wasn’t available right now? If the latter, why interview him and surely if it meant waiting until summer and keeping Warnock on, that would be worth it? Very odd situation. 

• Like 2

I still can't understand why he was told so suddenly yesterday morning that he was leaving. Why the rush. I don't believe for one moment that it was just so he and his staff could get applauded by the away fans. Something suddenly came up to cause that.

• Like 3

So is it possible that Wilder will be here til the end of the season and then in the summer we move for Reiziger? Or is it with going with CW that we are surrendering moving for MR? 

I guess the pros of a foreign manager are that it’s sexy and glamorous but at least the club have not moved for a rookie like Woodgate or Southgate. They’ve also not gone for terrible football managers like Pulis and Warnock. At least the introduction of Wilder shows a willingness to change the culture and style of play. 

We have got some technical footballers so now it’s time for them to show that. 

Anyone want to guess at what our team might look like? Who will be possibly leaving?

• Like 2