oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

West Brom tried to get Wilder in the summer but his demands were too high and the deal collapsed, which I expect would have ruled us out of signing him too.

I presume his demands have shifted slightly since then.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Skinemrippers said:

I’d love to know what some of the compromises were @diggerlad07

I think a Reizinger appointment would have unified everyone and brought some excitement - are we saying he was interviewed but Wilder was preferred or he wasn’t available right now? If the latter, why interview him and surely if it meant waiting until summer and keeping Warnock on, that would be worth it? Very odd situation. 

I'm sure I will be allowed to say now....

- Payero played. He went back to Argentina without consent

- Didn't get involved in certain training drills especially under 23's individual programmes. (That was a massive shock to me!). Malley and certain players he gave individual drills too but the club were not happy with how he was trying to develop them.

- Didn't get involved in transfer deals. Robbie Brady deal was only done by Bausor and Scott.

- Recruitment meetings were held with recruitment team, Scott and Bausor only 

• Like 3

Gibson tried to pull a fast one at 10am, thinking BORO would get hammered , he canned Warnock, knowing the fans would back him on the decision , trouble was the players showed their love for Neil, by battling to an excellent result.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, kentucky said:

Gibson tried to pull a fast one at 10am, thinking BORO would get hammered , he canned Warnock, knowing the fans would back him on the decision , trouble was the players showed their love for Neil, by battling to an excellent result.

I don’t believe SG reacted just thinking we may get a hammering and to save face he was prepared to hang NW. It’s not in his nature so makes no sense what so ever. The players were made aware it was his last game. 
It’s a bit far fetched assumption for me. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, kentucky said:

They should've shown their love for Neil a few more times then and he'd still be here

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

But the players almost certainly didn't love him. Punishing training regimes, players injured all the time, allegations of bullying, a hands-off manager on the training pitches, poor dietary habits...

Any professional footballer should always try their best on the pitch, regardless of off-field issues, but we all know they don't really put 100 per cent in if they're not squarely behind the boss. Look how apathetic Man United players were yesterday in the Derby. Never mind running through walls for Ole, they wouldn't run through a bouncy castle for him. I think at least some of the Boro players had mentally thrown in the towel, which was probably a factor in the accelerated departure of Warnock and his team.

• Like 1

I was all prepared to see the season out with Warnock get a decent enough finish and have stability going into next season where we could really start the Scott era. 

But even before this season I'd thought that wilder and his 3-5-2 system would suit our current squad so would be happy with that appointment. Sounds like it's been going on behind the scenes for a while which makes it seem like there's actual planning and decision making afoot at the Boro 🤯

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Any sheff United players not getting a game atm? Preferably the wing backs. 

That was certainly one of the interesting comments made by NW in so far as the incoming Manager would have money to spend in the transfer window and was the suggestion indicating a fair amount of money?

I think Bola could be a brilliant LWB he has everything you want offensively he just gets absolutely bullied in the air because of his height, Dijksteel has it in him as well especially with the right coaching.

It will be interesting to see where he puts Payero in his plans, maybe he puts him in the engine room?

Really interested to see what he does with the GK situation as well he likes his keepers to be comfortable with the ball at their feet and for me Lumley's only good for 40 yard punts so I'm not sure how he'd fit in to Wilder's plans.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not the appointment I would have chose myself, however to get someone like Wilder is a bit of a coup for the club as im certain his stock is still pretty high and he is an in demand Manager......good luck to him!

• Like 3