oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

I’d like to see Stojanovic given another chance in goal under Wilder. My memories of him for us are quite positive and don’t recall him ever having a real shocker. If you look at his highlight reel on YouTube there’s some real top saves in there playing for us. 

He’s definitely the best with his distribution and ball at his feet whilst he is also good at sweeping up balls over the top.

Neither Lumley or Daniels have massively impressed me so we should try to give our £1m signing another go 

34 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It always amuses me when people use "lefty" as an insult. Same goes for "Snowflake"

Left-handed people creep everyone out... They belong in Sunderland. 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1
46 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I’d like to see Stojanovic given another chance in goal under Wilder. My memories of him for us are quite positive and don’t recall him ever having a real shocker. If you look at his highlight reel on YouTube there’s some real top saves in there playing for us. 

He’s definitely the best with his distribution and ball at his feet whilst he is also good at sweeping up balls over the top.

Neither Lumley or Daniels have massively impressed me so we should try to give our £1m signing another go 

Hes similar to lumley from my memory. Decent shot stopper but terrifying when a cross goes into the box. Id probably say lumley is a better shot stopper as I do remember a few poor goals stojanovic let in. Sheff wed away I think he let a poor goal in and possibly Cardiff at home but I might be wrong... a shot from a tight angle somehow ended up in the far top corner it was bizarre. I would stick with Daniels at the moment he looks fairly competent in all areas but that said he's had 2 games so not much to judge on but he doesn't deserve to lose his place yet.

Its obviously a good thing Wilder has got two weeks with the squad before our next match but man is this week going slow, it feels like he was appointed about a week ago but its only two days!  The next match seems so far away.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

Just asking as I read Ole has given his underachieving squad a week off, anyone know if BORO are training or at least bonding during the international break? 

If you have read that then surely, as a Boro fan, you would have read that Wilder is taking his first training session today?

Just asking as I read Ole has given his underachieving squad a week off, anyone know if BORO are training or at least bonding during the international break? 

There’ll be no extra time off this international break, Wilder will not want to waste a second 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Training today I believe, from the interviews etc.

No doubt we'll have pics this aftie #UTB

• Like 1
Just now, TeessiderJR said:

Have they announced what time his press conference today? Wonder if it'll be a Woodgate style presser with Gibbo, Bausor & Scott present 

Gazette said around 4pm

• Like 1

Ah OK found it fond what I needed. 
International duty for McNair, Sporar and Siliki let’s just hope there isn’t anymore injury casualties. Over the years we talk a great deal about the amount of injuries at the club and often wondered if we accumulate more then other clubs with a similar squad size. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

If you have read that then surely, as a Boro fan, you would have read that Wilder is taking his first training session today?

I had found it as I posted straight after. A bit premature really but I don’t normally reference the EG as a source of info.. 

10 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It always amuses me when people use "lefty" as an insult. Same goes for "Snowflake"

Well "leftie" is generally considered insulting by right-leaning folks. But yes it does have pretty limited use...confined to political debates.

Snowflake is a legit insult as it implies the person is easily offended, can't handle pressure etc. (snowflakes being fragile, melting easily etc.)

Often (and sometimes inaccurately) applied to millennials, (a.k.a Generation Snowflake), since they seem to get stressed and offended and complain quite frequently. 😁

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Haha 2