oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

23 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Id say that playing on the much smaller pitch (half the length of what we use to see in previous videos) automatically means more emphasis on first touch and interplay. 

Will they train for those clever back flicks?😁

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

1 hour ago, boro-unger said:

Oh aye, got my marches mixed up. Still, I think the question was about covid.

Maybe, but Sheffield United's struggles during Covid far exceeded ours and Warnock's, so if he did take the question that way you can understand his reaction.

He still seems very sore about how it ended at Sheffield United.

This was their first season pre-Covid:

Screenshot_20211110-084152_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c833f832c91e3c9efd61cc0133de1d32.jpg

This was the second season up till the match he left, during lockdowns and no fans:

Screenshot_20211110-085116_Chrome.thumb.jpg.260fe777a70494bf97cc216768dde75d.jpg

Obviously it's wrong to say that all of their struggles in that second season were down to Covid, but it was clearly wrong when Warnock placed so much emphasis on the lack of fans being the reason forcour struggles last season too, given we actually did worse in front of fans under Warnock.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mr_Maz said:

Id say that playing on the much smaller pitch (half the length of what we use to see in previous videos) automatically means more emphasis on first touch and interplay. 

Aye, but even in the drills before the little game there was a lot of different variations of one touch pass and move, or pass and shoot.

• Like 1

Don't think it can be overstated quite how impressive Sheff Utd's first season in the PL was. There were plenty of people who didn't think that side had the quality to win automatic promotion from the Championship let alone finish 9th in the Premier League. You have to go back to 2005 for our last comparable season.

They were rarely battered in the first half of that second season... Seemed to be on the wrong end of close games and hard done by to have as few points as they did. Injuries to a small squad, lack of fans, and dud summer signings didn't help. Then they were too far behind to ever really turn it around. 

They had injuries at CB and no fans hurt everyone, lots of 1 goal losses may have gone to draws or even wins with the crowd behind them.

Liverpool lost 6? at home having not lost three for 2-3 years, fans make a difference, Covid proved that.

50 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Aye, but even in the drills before the little game there was a lot of different variations of one touch pass and move, or pass and shoot.

I'd assume these drills would be the responsibility of Knill and Prestridge. Looks good

• Like 1

Ouch. Thanks Athletic!

Nobody can doubt this feels a sensible fit for Wilder — good owner, long-term ambitions — but did his achievements with Sheffield United not warrant more than inheriting a club currently 14th in the Championship, closer in points terms to the relegation places than the promotion ones?

• Wow 1

State of this. Just in case anyone was in any doubt as to what a spin doctor this man is. He should be a politician. Constantly trying to dampen expectations whilst he was here. Second he leaves and we’re in with a shout of top 2. What a joke. 

‘Because, regardless of your opinion on the job he was doing or has done, above all else, Warnock is a good man.‘

That is a quote from Craig Johns’ thank you to Warnock. Now, what Johns seems to be doing here is suggesting that Warnock is an objectively ‘good man’, as if there is some objective measure of that.  I’m not here to suggest Warnock isn’t a ‘good man’, whatever the *** that actually means. I don’t know him. But what I would like to do is comment on the persona he presented to the public: I personally believe that it is an extremely ugly trait to never take responsibility for one’s own mistakes, as Warnock did relentlessly during his time here. To always point the finger elsewhere. To do the opposite of what Wilder stressed he does, ‘look in the mirror rather than out the window’. It reeks of cowardice and is rife within those at the top of society and I cannot stand it. As far as I’m concerned, his outward persona was occasionally charismatic but often toxic and bitter. I never want someone like that in charge of our football team again. Good riddance.

Up the *** Chris Wilder. 

Edited by RealSlimSladeyy
  • Like 6
53 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Ouch. Thanks Athletic!

Nobody can doubt this feels a sensible fit for Wilder — good owner, long-term ambitions — but did his achievements with Sheffield United not warrant more than inheriting a club currently 14th in the Championship, closer in points terms to the relegation places than the promotion ones?

Two games could change that perspective. It’s not like we are 40 games in … SIGH 

58 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Ouch. Thanks Athletic!

Maths isn't their strong suit.

4 points off 6th, 10 points off 22nd.

I presume they mean automatic promotion, but that's not what they've said.