oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Farke would probably get us promoted...but then what? 

We're seeing how he's managing in the Premier League right now, it's unfolding in front of our very eyes. 

To be fair to him Norwich doesn’t have a very good squad. Not sure Norwich have the ambition to stay up, quite a few of their summer signings have been players with potential rather than proven ability imo. I think they are quite happy going up and down and getting the money then potentially push to stay up in a few seasons time

• Like 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

Just now, BoroJake said:

To be fair to him Norwich doesn’t have a very good squad. Not sure Norwich have the ambition to stay up, quite a few of their summer signings have been players with potential rather than proven ability imo

Worth remembering that the man who helped recruit those players is now in charge of our football entirely, too. Chances are, we'd be after similar types of players.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Worth remembering that the man who helped recruit those players is now in charge of our football entirely, too. Chances are, we'd be after similar types of players.

Exactly. If we go up I want us to stay up, as should everyone else.

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah I know, what I’m saying is that I don’t really think Norwich expected to stay up this season. I think their plan is to keep going up and down for a few seasons and keep buying potential then hope to stay up in maybe 5 seasons time. Not sure I agree with it though

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I have a feeling it'll be Alex Neil.

If it was Alex Neil i would think he would already be our manager in my opinion. Probably would have sacked Warnock after the hull game

• Like 1

As the Boro breakdown podcast said Scott is more likely to go for a manager that got his coaching badges in the german system as it’s the hardest to get them, we will probably go abroad. I just hope it isn’t in the summer and we have to go through another year of transition 

2 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

I’ve heard he’s a bit of a bully.  That came from a player that played under him.

Oh perfect, get him in now! Payero has been looking far too happy recently, need someone else to come in and bully him.

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

So we need a new DoF as well then?

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Farke would probably get us promoted...but then what? 

We're seeing how he's managing in the Premier League right now, it's unfolding in front of our very eyes. 

Come on now, the greatest managers in the game would massively struggle to get anything out of that squad 

• Like 1

It won’t happen because 🦖 is going nowhere but Farke would be an unbelievable bit of business. 

We need an experienced coach with a proven record of winning with a more attractive, modern style of football to help us transition from the **** we’ve been playing for years. For where we are currently, an appointment wouldn’t get much better than Farke

The most frustrating thing about keeping hold of Warnock is that we have the players who could easily play an expansive, attacking style of football if they were coached right. 

If it was this time last year where our wing options were marvin Johnson and Spence then I could see why we might cling on to Warnock to try to get something out of the average squad we had. But since Jan when we signed the likes of kebano, bolasie, watmore then the signings we've made this summer, we've had a squad more than capable of playing football. No reason to keep him whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)