oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

There have been several rumours about us going foreign next time, and the suggestion certainly fits with the apparent intention to give Warnock the rest of this season. I'd rather wait til June and get the right person in than rush the appointment and end up with another seasoned grunt from the Championship managerial obstacle course.

Also, I'm probably getting carried away now, but that guy has worked at two Red Bull clubs. If he or one of his assistants is being spoken to, I wonder if they'd be extolling the virtues of RB support/sponsorship/ownership/investment to our chairman?

• Like 2
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Warnocks win percentage with us is better than Alex Neil's was at Preston... Not sure he's the answer. 

I'm not overly keen myself, I'm keen to see us look further afield into Europe because it just seems like the system is building better coaches in other countries, here it feels like we just get ex-player after ex-player doing their badges just to stay in football and getting chances from their name.

Having said that, I do think Neil would work better than some of the managers we could bring in in this country, in that DoF structure. And I'm sure some people have said at times that Neil wasn't exactly backed whilst at Preston and he was well thought of for a while there, wasn't he?

Alex Neil is a bully and has crap man management from what I have heard.  Cannot name names but it is from an ex-player of his.  Steer clear by the sounds of it, my source.

My son plays for a team local to me, over lockdown they had a zoom session with a player who wax brought in by the coach of my sons team as he had links as he was an ex player.  He was there to answer questions on what it is like to be a pro.  He made a few references to things which I asked the coach about and he said he was treated badly by Alex Neill.

Yeah I think a karanka type (as in young, foreign but with a wealth of experience within the game) would be the most unifying type we could go for. I think they'd get more of a grace period to settle in because of the excitement of an unknown. After so many years of miserable football, I think our fan base would give someone who shows the right intent time, even if it does take a while to adjust to a new play style.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Alex Neil whilst seemingly a knowledgable sort of guy simply does not inspire me, too middle of the road and no ooomph about him, do you ken what I am bletherin aboot?😁

Indeed I do. His track record is certainly nothing special. For me he'd just be another one of those "revolving door" managers, who have been at club after club and not achieved anything noteworthy.

I don't think he's one of those managers you'd call on to pick a club off the floor and drag it by the scruff of the neck, as Boro seems to need.

I feel we really do need a new broom that will sweep away all the old crap that's been holding us back, from putting square pegs in round holes, to player discipline (or lack of it), to dressing room cliques and blatant favouritism shown to players that aren't cutting it.

That said, whoever comes in will need the full support and backing of the board, to implement their way of running the team.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)