oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

People on here are quoting Wilders  signings as being the reason for their lack of enthusiasm at his appointment. If I remember rightly those signings were  brought in over his head and that’s why he got the hump and left

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I may have the wrong impression of Wilder but isn’t he more of the same ie less ball possession and counter attack?

Very different style. A direct approach at times yes, but it's on-the-deck stuff.

Most posters on here are never happy. What do yous want? We have brought a manager in that plays attacking football and has got out this league doing so.  If it was some German who was kit man at momchengladbach you’d be belting one out! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Feels like Monk mark II. We will throw millions at it and sack this time next year. Appoint Bruce to keep us up and rinse and repeat.

Thanks for that Grimsby, I am just off to the nearest tree now with this lovely hemp rope

• Haha 5
26 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Dijksteel isn't a Centre Back and besides is hardly ever fit, McNair is an average CB and a poor Midfielder. If those are the rocks that Wilder is about to build upon we are doomed before we even start.

I usually agree with you RR, but not on the above.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

What league are Sheff Utd in?

No my point was he was concerned about if we got promoted, we’d have to sack him as we’d be getting relegated. So I’d love to know who we should get in to not have this as a possibility. 

6 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Feels like Monk mark II. We will throw millions at it and sack this time next year. Appoint Bruce to keep us up and rinse and repeat.

Monk never achieved anything.

Wilder achieved two promotions and then kept his own team up.

My personal hatred for wing backs is what's getting me.

On paper he's about as good as we could have hoped for. Although I hope Scott has big enough balls to get his signings in rather than 15m Mcburnies. Definitely seems like that's the biggest gripe all the Sheff United fans had with him. 

48 minutes ago, JMC91 said:

To add to this -  pretty good video from tifo on how Sheff Utd played under Wilder...

Good video, what I got from that is his teams are well coached, well organised defensively and play on the counter. 

It doesn't sound like the out and out attacking football that some people are predicting though. 

I thought Sheffield United were good in their first season but I'd be interested to know what went wrong in the second season. As an outsider it looked their system surprised people in their first season after promotion, I wonder whether it was a case of them getting sussed out by teams a bit? 

11 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Totally underwhelming appointment for me, I thought we were going to be going with a young progressive coach from abroad. 

People are calling Wilder an attack minded manager lets wait and see. It feels like a Gibson appointment to me and the club are going round in circles. 

What is a ‘young progressive coach’ going to do that’s anything different to Wilder? Do they have some type of secret ability or something? Why can’t Wilder be successful here and be here for 3+ years? He’s 54. Hardly old for a manager. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, CrazyL said:

I usually agree with you RR, but not on the above.

Do you think Dijksteel is dependably fit let alone a CB at that bearing in mind he was a Midfielder converted to a RB at Charlton just four or five months before we signed him? Throw in that Paddy throws himself to the ground more often than Hugill and the thought of them as a CB pairing scares me witless. Bamba, Hall and Fry are all far better CB's than McNair never mind Dijksteel.

• Downsouth changed the title to Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)