oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

5 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

The Sherlock in me can't help thinking ... 

WHAT IF: 

Scott has good connection with Norwich still and have told them, if they ever wanted to get rid of Farke, to give Scott a heads up about it .. 

The people NW talked about in boro who would know the new manager could be Scott and Hernandez ... 

Personally I do think Wilder would suit us better and has achieved more with less, but I am interested in what farke and Scott could achieve together .. 

Roll on monday, where we appoint Downing with leo as his numbah two

Maybe Warnock doesn't actually know who it is but thinks he does.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I wasn't suggesting he was lying.  Just saying maybe he thinks it's someone but it's actually someone else.  

Or things could change. A late phone call from Norwich to Wilder.

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Or things could change. A late phone call from Norwich to Wilder.

Yeah, you never know really, although Warnock's comments don't seem to suggest that he thinks it's Wilder anyway.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I wasn't suggesting he was lying.  Just saying maybe he thinks it's someone but it's actually someone else.  

He said in his interview, that he had known the name for several weeks .. 

7 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

He said in his interview, that he had known the name for several weeks .. 

Yeah I know, and he might believe that he knows the name, but he also didn't know he was sacked until this morning, or he read it in the newspaper.  So he might think he knows but it might not be correct.

21 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Interesting to note there was no mention of Leo leaving so he will probably be staying.

Probably yeah. He wasn't one of Warnock's staff to begin with, so it would have been surprising if he'd gone along with them. He might still end up leaving, I suppose, if Wilder doesn't have a role for him. 

Wilder seems to be the name so despite my early reservations, I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out. It certainly feels like a more positive step than sticking by Warnock.

And look, I won't hide that I'm glad the Warnock era is over but we can now just reflect on the most positive thing he did for us. He did keep us in this league. Plenty of other managers could have I'm sure but he did it and he did it without asking for anything in advance. Maybe we'll find more to be positive about from his time in future, like actually making Bola and Dijksteel look like footballers on occasion, but for now, can just be glad we are still a Championship club at least.

• Like 7

I'm personally delighted with Wilder (if it is him), especially if the other options were John Terry or Alex Neil. What he achieved with Sheffield Utd, during a time when money was tight and during a turbulent board takeover is nothing short of miraculous and he got them playing some lovely stuff.

Really don't get why people would want Farke, took Norwich, who were a higher ranking championship club/lower prem and kept them exactly where he found them, a yoyo club... Has he even ever kept a team in the prem? Wilder got a team who were considered relegation fodder at the start of the season and nearly got them into europe!

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Tom said:

Probably yeah. He wasn't one of Warnock's staff to begin with, so it would have been surprising if he'd gone along with them. He might still end up leaving, I suppose, if Wilder doesn't have a role for him. 

I get the feeling Leo is the kind of person protected by Gibson. I think he may need to be an active hindrance on the team to be removed from his role and I don't think he will be. I like us having him around.

• Like 7

I also think gibson will keep Leo around simply because (at least from the outside) he seems fiercely loyal and someone you can trust. I think those are rare qualities in football.

• Like 5
  • Downsouth changed the title to Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)