oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

It appears that there has been some research and even planning gone into this appointment which is quite the opposite to what I certainly envisaged when it was all announced (or dripped out) yesterday evening.

Wilder has talked about a shared philosophy for the Club with Scott and Bausor. I genuinely hope it is the real version and not some pre scripted Golden Thread garbage. In fairness to Wilder he seems to be old enough and mature enough to be his own man rather than a puppet so let's hope we can all look forward to a new era with hope and even some entertainment along the way!

• Like 4
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

It appears that there has been some research and even planning gone into this appointment which is quite the opposite to what I certainly envisaged when it was all announced (or dripped out) yesterday evening.

Wilder has talked about a shared philosophy for the Club with Scott and Bausor. I genuinely hope it is the real version and not some pre scripted Golden Thread garbage. In fairness to Wilder he seems to be old enough and mature enough to be his own man rather than a puppet so let's hope we can all look forward to a new era with hope and even some entertainment along the way!

Wilder spoke openly about how his next job had to be right for him - I think that legitimately suggests we're doing things right this time, because he had the freedom to be picky and turn us down if something felt off. Fingers crossed anyway!

• Like 4

Feeling positive after listening to all the interviews people have posted. Seems like Scott is on board and I also liked Chris' comments about him having good relationships with premier league managers - should stand us in good stead for some loanees in January and the summer from Man City etc

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, mj south said:

I would say Scott has been in dialogue with Wilder for a while considering how quickly we announced Wilder after sacking Warnock, he's probably been watching us quite abit

Well the speed with which he was announced certainly suggests this has been in the pipeline for a while.

He's certainly saying all the right things in that interview...but then you wouldn't expect anything else. As always the proof will be in the performances & results.

• Like 1
Just now, AnglianRed said:

Well the speed with which he was announced certainly suggests this has been in the pipeline for a while.

I know I don't trust everything he says, but Warnock did make a comment that we've been talking about our next manager behind the scenes for 2 or 3 weeks, so we've probably had it lined up for a while to be fair

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

I’d love to know what some of the compromises were @diggerlad07

I think a Reizinger appointment would have unified everyone and brought some excitement - are we saying he was interviewed but Wilder was preferred or he wasn’t available right now? If the latter, why interview him and surely if it meant waiting until summer and keeping Warnock on, that would be worth it? Very odd situation. 

Because either diggerlad's information is incorrect, or we don't have any kind of plan in place, and we change our minds on a whim.

If the person a month ago was Reiziger then unless he's now told us that he isn't interested, he should still be the person.  Chris Wilder being linked with other jobs is completely irrelevant to that, what does it matter when you've already identified somebody else that you are going to offer the job to?  They would have known Reiziger's availability going into the interview process, that would have been clear, so again that's irrelevant as well.  So either diggerlad is plain wrong, and Reiziger wasn't going to be appointed next summer, he was going to be appointed but suddenly changed his mind and turned it down, or we had one plan in place and changed it in the space of a few weeks.  Not sure where I'd put my money as being most likely to be honest.

Well I must admit I am buoyed with the way he conducted his first interview. He discussed communication, ownership, structure, short, mid and long term goals, he stated he would ask the fans nothing and expected to earn there respect. Level headed and a breath of fresh air. 

Come on I have my spark back, I am ready for the challenge 

• Like 4
Just now, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Its hilarious and i find it embarrassing.  He was far to pro Warnock and he let it into his writing fornthe gazette. I'm sure he's sent Neil some flowers. 

That recent article is cringeworthy. Clearly making it obvious because Warnock spoke to him on the phone once or twice he won’t have a bad word said about him. Warnock playing the media basically and Johns has lapped it up

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Its hilarious and i find it embarrassing.  He was far to pro Warnock and he let it into his writing for the gazette. I'm sure he's sent Neil some flowers. 

Craig Johns needs to send Wilder a nicer bouquet of flowers than he sent Warnock. It's the same approach you have to take when your wife finds the Interflora receipt for your mistress's recent birthday order (so I've been told).

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
2 hours ago, boro-unger said:

Feeling positive after listening to all the interviews people have posted. Seems like Scott is on board and I also liked Chris' comments about him having good relationships with premier league managers - should stand us in good stead for some loanees in January and the summer from Man City etc

You know what, I didn’t even think of that. Chris will be seen by other managers as a progressive coach and one far more likely to get good players to come here with a positive development. 

Would you rather send a good academy player to Boro under a Pulis, Warnock or Woodgate? 

Or recent premier league experienced, and championship winning coach who plays good football? 

Similarly I’d like to think his appointment makes us more prospective to outside players looking to join. Again, Sheffield United had glowing reports in that two years of championship and then their first season in the prem. hopefully we can use that to our advantage with recruitment. 

I know as a player who I’d rather play for 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

Cant wait to see bamba and grant hall overlapping up the pitch 😛 
In all seriousness now iv calmed down it seems a good appointment , hope hes backed in january because this season definitely isnt over . Top 6 is still achievable 

• Like 3