oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

2 minutes ago, Boromadman said:

does nobody think its a bit weird us all speculating about who the next manager is going to be when warnock hasn't been sacked nor has their been anything said to suggest he's about to be ... I highly doubt SG is going to sack NW in what is no doubt going to be his last ever season as a manager unless it looks like we are seriously going down . If we are speculating about the summer when NW leaves then that's also pointless because alot can change between now and then in terms of whos in a job and whos available .

Why does that matter? We're not Neil Warnock FC, we don't owe him the rest of this season. He had a go last year and this year we're clearly already thinking beyond him. I couldn't care less if he chooses to retire after this one personally, that's up to him, it's nothing to do with Middlesbrough.

• Like 10
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Boromadman said:

does nobody think its a bit weird us all speculating about who the next manager is going to be when warnock hasn't been sacked nor has their been anything said to suggest he's about to be ... I highly doubt SG is going to sack NW in what is no doubt going to be his last ever season as a manager unless it looks like we are seriously going down . If we are speculating about the summer when NW leaves then that's also pointless because alot can change between now and then in terms of whos in a job and whos available .

i mean were averaging a point a game, and if wasnt for derby being deducted points we'd be 3 points off the drop. if things continue as is or we get a bad result v peterbrough, we will be one of the teams in the relagation scrap.
no room for sentiment in football. get him gone

Edited by tmcc
  • Like 3
21 minutes ago, Boromadman said:

does nobody think its a bit weird us all speculating about who the next manager is going to be when warnock hasn't been sacked nor has their been anything said to suggest he's about to be ...

No?  By the time he's sacked there's a fair chance we'll have hired the new guy, so it's prime time for speculation.

As to suggestions of a sacking, various ITKers suggesting stuff happening behind the scenes is more than enough to get us going.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Why does that matter? We're not Neil Warnock FC, we don't owe him the rest of this season. He had a go last year and this year we're clearly already thinking beyond him. I couldn't care less if he chooses to retire after this one personally, that's up to him, it's nothing to do with Middlesbrough.

because we have finished mid table in just about every season the last ten years , i clearly said unless it looks like we are going down if we are sitting mid table all season i cant see Gibson pulling the trigger . Not saying this is what i would do but SG is a stubborn guy . Still seems stupid having page after page of this when after the shef u game less than 2 week ago we were talking about being a win or two off the play offs ...

7 minutes ago, Boromadman said:

because we have finished mid table in just about every season the last ten years , i clearly said unless it looks like we are going down if we are sitting mid table all season i cant see Gibson pulling the trigger . Not saying this is what i would do but SG is a stubborn guy . Still seems stupid having page after page of this when after the shef u game less than 2 week ago we were talking about being a win or two off the play offs ...

Don't read or post in this thread then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Boromadman said:

Our form, a quarter of the way through the season, is relegation form.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Boromadman said:

sorry but your comment is just so daft, just becauce we've finished mid table dosent mean thats our aim, and nor should it be. we sacked monk while coming 8th, we sacked pulis for a 7th place finish. were a top end championship club and with the money to compete as such. The only season where a midtable finish was acceptable was Woodgates first season and a couple of seasons under mowbray when we were balancing the books and rebuilding.
Warnocks had 18 months in charge and has had his midtable finish last season, weve spent money and really need to see an improvement this season. there clearly hasnt been one (3 wins in 11 games).

7 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Imagine thinking Steve Gibson would sack Neil Warnock this season. Are you new to following Boro? Warnock will get his season.

The oracle has spoken. Let’s all bow down to king Mendi and his superior knowledge. No wonder Southgate benched you. 

4 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Imagine thinking Steve Gibson would sack Neil Warnock this season. Are you new to following Boro? Warnock will get his season.

Imagine being this supercilious.

7 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Why would he not? When we’ve sacked 2 of the 3 managers before him? Given our form, position in the league and apparent unrest behind the scenes why would it be such a shocking thing? It’s not like he’s a young manager trying to build something.

• Like 2

Is he gone yet? 

Haven't had the time to read .. 

Can someone please make a resume of what the ITK's have been saying? 

Saw something on Twitter ... About OB being the mentioned source

8 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Is he gone yet? 

No new information today bar Payero may have went back to Argentina, and the players don't have to come back till Thursday instead of today now.

12 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Is he gone yet? 

Lurker said yesterday he's as good as gone.

Diggerlad says players told not to report in until Thursday, rather than Monday. Suspects something is happening 

Thursday thing randomly mentioned by Marcus Browne last night as well.

Oh, and Payero is in Argentina according to DL.

37 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

No new information today bar Payero may have went back to Argentina, and the players don't have to come back till Thursday instead of today now.

If he’s gone back to Argentina won’t he have to isolate when he comes back 

• Downsouth changed the title to Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)