oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

I also see Bennett is still there as GK coach. Did Wilders time at Sheff United and Bennett time there cross paths.

It appeared Fry, Uche and Bola were not part of the main group that was training?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I also see Bennett is still there as GK coach. Did Wilders time at Sheff United and Bennett time there cross paths.

It appeared Fry, Uche and Bola were not part of the main group that was training?

All 3 have existing injuries, so they'll be easing back in.

I think most of the players that are here got a chance under NW and he did not push any one player aside apart from Stojanovic. He must be so pumped up to win Wilder over. Be very interesting to see who is between the sticks come Millwall. 

I said that I was underwhelmed with the Wilder appointment at the weekend but I'm impressed with everything he's said so far, I also like the fact that he's positive and has a little bit confidence in himself and the club. One thing I hate with managers is when they start talking things down like Pulis and Warnock did, hopefully that continues. 

• Like 6

I think Wilder brings a breath of fresh air to the club that was desperately needed. His focus and interaction with the media was professional, he addressed each by name and responded amicably with confidence. He has obviously done his home work about the town, fans, club and history. For the first time in a very long time I am pretty buoyed.   

Just been watching the press conference from today. Couple of things stood out to me:

- he was at pains to point out that he didnt want to run everything. Made it sound like the only reason he hadn't got on with the guy they brought in above him at Sheffield was that he wasn't a good guy or that they didn't share a vision for the club. 

- He didn't seem to have anything nice to say about Warnock when asked for a few words on NW and the difficult situation he had been managing in. No platitudes etc, just said "all managers work in difficult situations". Don't know if there's some beef between them, or CW just doesn't think NW did a very good job. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Just been watching the press conference from today. Couple of things stood out to me:

- he was at pains to point out that he didnt want to run everything. Made it sound like the only reason he hadn't got on with the guy they brought in above him at Sheffield was that he wasn't a good guy or that they didn't share a vision for the club. 

- He didn't seem to have anything nice to say about Warnock when asked for a few words on NW and the difficult situation he had been managing in. No platitudes etc, just said "all managers work in difficult situations". Don't know if there's some beef between them, or CW just doesn't think NW did a very good job. 

Feels like there's no love lost there with Warnock.

12 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Yeah I noticed that about Warnock. Definitely doesn’t seem like a fan of him

27 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

It’s not wise to discuss previous employees appointments simply because he has no first hand experience of what went on. It won’t be wise to respond to the media who were fishing. His did what was expected and responded to questions other then NW. Wise, professional. 

Edited by sanddancer

I believe that's Matt Prestridge in the training video from today so he's a new 1st team coach.

Edit: Wilder says : "are you putting on your best session matt?" So that's definitely him.

Screenshot_20211109-205834_Twitter.jpg

• Like 3