oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

2 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Anyone give John Terry a go?  I know he’s a bit of a knob but done well at the Villa

Please God no, no more knobs at the Club.

I think Wilder is just another "Brit" type Manager albeit a younger one compared to Warnock. He is undoubtedly more up to date and better but not the direction the Club is apparently now planning to head in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Payero said:

I don't mean wages, he wanted a big transfer budget and big back room team, he also isn't keen on a DOF, howe is the same apart from he has his own DOF.

Surely Howe is gonna struggle to get a job anywhere with his ‘own’  dof? Most clubs have them and wouldn’t wanna tear it up just for him. Other than Wilson I don’t remember the signings Bournemouth made bring anything extraordinary.

I would give Terry a go, young managers have suited us better over the years. His appointment will lift the club, he has  served his apprenticeship in a promotion winning club. 

He might be a bit of a **** but he could do alright and will raise our profile. 

Although we would be referred to as 'John Terry's Middlesbrough' for the forseeable

John Terry is the last of the young managers in this country I'd want. I've had enough of the morally questionable managers here with woody, Warnock, pulis and monk. I want someone I can back all the way. 

• Like 1

I don't think Scott has been brought here to appoint a manager like Chris Wilder, maybe I'm just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but I expect us to be looking overseas for our next manager and Scott will be tasked with identifying the next Karanka/Farke. 

Karanka is the only manager that you can really call successful since probably McClaren so it would make sense to look abroad. The experienced British appointments haven't exactly set the world alight for us under Gibson either.  

• Like 2

Given the recent transfers under Scott, I have a feeling our next manager will be someone out of the blue - a coach from abroad none of us expected (and many won't have heard of).

And I'm all for it tbh. Some truly uninspiring names cropping up who will have us in this same boat in nine months time. 

Would love to find the next Karanka and happy to take the risk associated with that. Feels like the club is ready - hence why wasting this season under Warnock is so frustrating. 

• Like 4
14 hours ago, boro-unger said:

I was wondering the other day, are there no decent female managers/head coaches out there?!

I'm not just saying it for the 'woke' factor, and I don't know of any off the top of my head (other than Emma Hayes as she's on telly a lot), but surely some of them would be good enough to manage a championship team. 

If we were the first in the prem/championship to hire (or at least look for) a female manager, we'd have our pick. It just seems like an untapped area to me.

Untapped areas ❤️

1 hour ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Given the recent transfers under Scott, I have a feeling our next manager will be someone out of the blue - a coach from abroad none of us expected (and many won't have heard of).

And I'm all for it tbh. Some truly uninspiring names cropping up who will have us in this same boat in nine months time. 

Would love to find the next Karanka and happy to take the risk associated with that. Feels like the club is ready - hence why wasting this season under Warnock is so frustrating. 

I think Norwich and Farke might part ways at some point this season, or at least at the end of it. Wouldn't be a surprise to see him at Boro.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)