oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

Ranieri anyone? 

Just sacked from Watford

What does it say about Watford (or myself) that you said this and I wasn't at all convinced it was a joke?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

By Scott, sure. Gibson is another thing entirely. Warnock surviving this break makes me start to worry that is still a problem to worry about in the grander scheme of this club.

It doesn't worry me at all to be honest. Gibson brought in Scott for a reason, I'm sure the plan from the very start was for Warnock to see out the season.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Will said:

It doesn't worry me at all to be honest. Gibson brought in Scott for a reason, I'm sure the plan from the very start was for Warnock to see out the season.

I said this the other day and got slated for it lol , hes not going to sack warnock unless like the woodgate gamble it really looks like we are going into league 1 . I think this season will be for Scott to get a good idea of where we are then things will really get started in the summer with a new manager , this wont go down well either but I think Fry , mcnair and tav will all be sold to fund a warchest for the new guy and scott 

2 minutes ago, Boromadman said:

I said this the other day and got slated for it lol , hes not going to sack warnock unless like the woodgate gamble it really looks like we are going into league 1 . I think this season will be for Scott to get a good idea of where we are then things will really get started in the summer with a new manager , this wont go down well either but I think Fry , mcnair and tav will all be sold to fund a warchest for the new guy and scott 

I was saying this from when Scott came in too. I actually agreed with him staying for the foreseeable so long as he's allowing Scott to build something up behind the scenes and isn't an active hindrance on our future plans. But I believe that's what he is being and I think we need to be very careful with letting him do whatever he wants with this squad of players or there are gonna be some very unhappy lads in the squad and arguably some of the most valuable who might not want to be part of the future having been put through this. Throwing Payero under the bus so soon after we've invested a pretty penny into him is ridiculous in my eyes, Gibson should be considering getting shot of him for that alone.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

What does it say about Watford (or myself) that you said this and I wasn't at all convinced it was a joke?

Or what does it say about me, that I only read the first line after Breaking 😅

Screenshot_20211007-132413.jpg

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Or what does it say about me, that I only read the first line after Breaking 😅

Screenshot_20211007-132413.jpg

Again, I think this says more about Watford than either of us, mate. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/3/2021 at 6:30 PM, Old Codger said:

Have asked friends on Germany if there were any clubs of a similar nature to us in their Leagues that we should look at for candidates and both said Mainz..  have looked at their recent managers and one or two have had a little success over here of late, are there any possibilities for us on their list?

Just read this post. They actually have a Danish manager, Bo Svensson, who's come throught their ranks since retiring. He was appointed last january and rather suprisingly saved Mainz from relegation. He is very highly rated so as long as he keeps Mainz comfortably in the Bundesliga I don't think there is any chance he'll go to the Championship.

Denmark have just hired former Liverpool man Christian Poulsen as assistant manager, after spending the last two years as assistant in Ajax. They've already said, that they hope he will take a club job if he has any ambition of being national team manager in the future.  He's also highly rated by the Danish FA. As a player for Schalke, Juventus, Sevilla, Liverpool and Ajax he certainly have had multiple inputs that can only be good.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Borodane said:

Just read this post. They actually have a Danish manager, Bo Svensson, who's come throught their ranks since retiring. He was appointed last january and rather suprisingly saved Mainz from relegation. He is very highly rated so as long as he keeps Mainz comfortably in the Bundesliga I don't think there is any chance he'll go to the Championship.

Denmark have just hired former Liverpool man Christian Poulsen as assistant manager, after spending the last two years as assistant in Ajax. They've already said, that they hope he will take a club job if he has any ambition of being national team manager in the future.  He's also highly rated by the Danish FA. As a player for Schalke, Juventus, Sevilla, Liverpool and Ajax he certainly have had multiple inputs that can only be good.

He played against us in Eindhoven 😉 

He played non league untill he was in his twenties. 

I don't know his prefered style, do you, BD?

11 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

A new twist to the Bruce Gibson Agnew love triangle how will Agnew choose between the 2.

With any luck he'll have an epiphany one morning and decide to start a mobile crochet and needlework business, touring the care homes of Teesside...

On 10/7/2021 at 11:43 AM, SmogDane said:

Ranieri anyone? 

Just sacked from Watford

Would have had him in a heartbeat. ☹️

Still, given Watford's recent history he's likely to be available again by the end of the season...

• Downsouth changed the title to Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)