oneBoro Forum

Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are people.really having a go about us appointing an experienced, promotion winning, club record beating manager being put in charge above a former player who does have pedigree, but zero experience?

In terms of pedigree, 16 months ago Wilder was runner up to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the year and spoken about as one of the best English managers around for us to get him to come to manage us

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Eddie Howe apparently being lined up for Newcastle. That’s him not our next long term manager then 😬

Well outside of our budget he is supposedly still getting £100,000 a week from Bournemouth.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Eddie Howe apparently being lined up for Newcastle. That’s him not our next long term manager then 😬

Surprised they're not going after a big-name continental manager.

If thats the case, I can't imagine Howe will be there more than a couple of seasons at most. Once they start looking at Champions League qualification he'll be out the door.

43 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Surprised they're not going after a big-name continental manager.

If thats the case, I can't imagine Howe will be there more than a couple of seasons at most. Once they start looking at Champions League qualification he'll be out the door.

Progress is my guess.

They need to stay up and make progress up the league. Someone like Conte will probably be interested in a year or two’s time.

The signings will probably be the same as well probably lingaard, Ramsey and Toney to start with before looking for big names.

• Like 1

If we're looking at German managers then I'd like to see Daniel Thioune given a shot. He did really great work at Osnabruck and seems like a good guy. Didn't quite work for him at Hamburg but that's a very stressful and toxic job with a lot of expectation (not that managing Boro wouldn't be). He didn't quite get sacked there either but felt he'd lost the dressing room and was burnt out.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Scott has got one hell of a job on his hands trying to talk Gibson out of going for Steve Bruce 😞

It's alright, Big Sam and Pardiola are also available 😁

• Angry 1
31 minutes ago, Weasel said:

If we're looking at German managers then I'd like to see Daniel Thioune given a shot. He did really great work at Osnabruck and seems like a good guy. Didn't quite work for him at Hamburg but that's a very stressful and toxic job with a lot of expectation (not that managing Boro wouldn't be). He didn't quite get sacked there either but felt he'd lost the dressing room and was burnt out.

Has Uwe Fuchs got his coaching badges😉

6 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Every editor, sports pundit and poster from every media platform throws names out there. Of course one may be right, but which one. 😳

I ask myself, why would any manager want the BORO job given its history. 

Edited by sanddancer

im not going to throw a name or a recomendation out as i,d either risk being ridiculed or being proven wrong. the brutal truth is that other than the big 6 or whatever you like to call them, pretty much every other team in the english league system has no need or no reason to conduct a masterplan in order to find a perfect fit for themselves when searching for a new manager. im firmly convinced that in our position and level  its basically like finding a jigsaw piece that fits neatly. if and when it happens that we appoint a new messiah it will probably be by complete chance rather than rational thinking. its the same with players to a degree. sometimes a perfect managerial appointment happens by complete chance, theres plenty of instances which im quite certain werent pre planned or favourably debated. Jack Charlton , Bryan Robson, and Aitor Karanka are the only ones in my lifetime that weve earmarked and then have worked well. lawrence,neal and mclaren to a lesser extent but not completely welcomed universally by the fanbase at the time. in fact perhaps our most successful appointment ,Bruce Rioch was pretty much a  shot in the dark.

henceforth , my hope for the next manager is a complete unknown ,so i wont have an opinion to sway me prior to him taking over.    

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Introducing Chris Wilder MOTM (Man of the Moment)