oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)

image.png.0323711c223b42f336b37944e983c6e2.png

Middlesbrough vs Peterborough
                                                                   Saturday 16th November – 3:00 pm
                                                                              Riverside Stadium

The current standings:
Boro currently find themselves in a disappointing 15th position after 11 games. Following a decent transfer window, I think a lot of us expected more from the team with playoffs being a realistic expectation. Warnock is definitely underachieving with this squad at the moment, but there's plenty of games still to go and it looks like we're stuck with him, so I'm not gonna try to be too negative because we can easily turn it around.

Peterborough find themselves in 23rd position, with only Derby behind them. Noting that Derby have had a points deduction, then it’s fair to say Peterborough are technically the worst team in the league (although we said the same about Hull before we gifted them 3 points).

image.png.4613d5aeaceefd726a5b7151ccf6d680.png

Form and statistics:

Neither team are currently in great form, but Boro seem to have slightly better form at home than away, so the home advantage should suit us.

image.png.6187cdab52ca2c7415f51178a0aea682.png

More importantly, looking at Peterborough’s away form you can conclude that it doesn’t look optimistic for them. They have lost every single game, conceded 16 and only scored 3 away from home. All of their points have been obtained at The Weston Homes Stadium. As Boro fans we know how terrifying this form is because we love gifting unlikely wins to teams.

image.png.4c2523a895821198db360c4a8b5e3459.png

Looking at both teams stats, you can tell this isn't gonna be a great game for the purists. If you're a fan of xG and xGa then the numbers look a lot more positive for Boro than Peterborough, and our table position doesn't quite reflect our expected goals, but seems about right for expected goals against.

Expected goals (xG):                                                       Expected goals against (xGA):           

image.png.e33f1f57cdf76dcf4d0069c06b3a313a.png  image.png.c2f6a6db315b4071c0773622f4a49695.png

Now taking a look at Peterborough's xG and xGA, you can see that it doesn't look pretty for them:

image.png.33704741647133ef6ad31f7fde60e13a.pngimage.png.da7d6cdd2d9594e5a7e4f66bb05fb9b5.png

Views from Peterborough fans:

Couldn't find much on their forums as they didn't have a match day thread up for this fixture yet, so take some very optimistic views on their away form and season:

image.png.7b86116b952227b59799d185cb0994e8.png

image.png.aac97defbb77f7dc6fa9fc588d19a704.png

image.thumb.png.60f822eefd52283bda2ede9bfcedf289.png

image.png.63ed31b8511057a47854ace5780b63ce.png

They also really seem to like Changing Times over there:

image.png.60056422bf2d077e39bcf935d920314e.png

Question Time:

1. If we lose this game, do you think Neil Warnock gets the sack?
2. How many games would you personally give Warnock to sort out the current situation and get some points on board?
3. Name your starting 11, and the starting 11 you think Warnock will go for
4. Score and goalscorer predictions
5. You get mehhh?
6. You have to choose one current Boro player to participate in the Squid Game (sorry if you haven't seen it), you get to split the money if they survive. Who are you choosing?

Bonus mini games:
Game 1:
Neil Warnock seems to have misplaced our marquee summer signing Martín Payero, who has found himself back in Argentina. Can you help him find the way to the first team?

payeropuzzle.png.405137ce6740435a37c20718b2e67022.png

Game 2:
Can you find all the Warnock outcasts and rejects in this tough word search?

image.png.1d3bbd6ec21b3f012a0ecbcab64d1f5d.png

• Like 8
  • Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremos

New from JML this Christmas - Neil Warnock Boro Bingo!  Love Bingo? Love watching your football team completely fail to deliver when it matters? Love listening to the post-match interview with th

This was the moment, some of it fortunately captured:  

Posted Images

Polish_20211011_190244425.png.65d4c5a7ef3deda7d6dbbdf50dcf9337.png

Polish_20211011_191124610.png.17eb0ab4e269c0063ef4556fbe0244bb.png

Sadly, halfway through the maze Payero's agent appeared, having heard about the bullying going on at Middlesbrough FC and ordering him back to Argentina. 

Martin Payero never played for Middlesbrough ever again

THE END

(Boro 0-3 Peterborough)

7 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Polish_20211011_190244425.png.65d4c5a7ef3deda7d6dbbdf50dcf9337.png

Polish_20211011_191124610.png.17eb0ab4e269c0063ef4556fbe0244bb.png

Sadly, halfway through the maze Payero's agent appeared, having heard about the bullying going on at Middlesbrough FC and ordering him back to Argentina. 

Martin Payero never played for Middlesbrough ever again

THE END

(Boro 0-3 Peterborough)

No. I think he's unsackable, though he might leave "by mutual consent" if performances and results remain similarly abysmal.

2. How many games would you personally give Warnock to sort out the current situation and get some points on board?

None.

Ten British players plus Sporar, with an ignored subs bench full of foreign potential.

This has got nil-nil written all over it.

5. You get mehhh?

I am so meh that I'm going to spend Saturdays (and weekday evenings) doing other things from now on. Sorry, but there's no pleasure in watching the Boro at present. I'll still post on here, but I've even cancelled the series link for EFL on Quest. However, I will be at the Riverside for the first post-Warnock match, whenever it is and whoever it's against (and whoever's in charge, as long as it's not Fat Sam).

6. You have to choose one current Boro player to participate in the Squid Game (sorry if you haven't seen it), you get to split the money if they survive. Who are you choosing?

I'd 'mistakenly' swap the manager's name with a player on the teamsheet, and put Neil Warnock in, with Jonny Howson being unexpectedly promoted to manager following the tragic demise of Boro's veteran coach after losing a make-or-break game of Kerplunk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No. I think Gibson is too POSH to push.

Given that he is still in charge I would be actively looking for a replacement for as soon as possible. If no replacement on the horizon and results don't improve, I would sack him before the next international break to give a caretaker time to work

Depends on who is fit I guess. Probably go with 3-1-4-2

Lumley

Fry Bamba Bola

McNair

Tav Howson Crooks Jones/Hernandez

Watmore Sporar

Warnock will probably pick the same players but in a different formation. 

We will probably win unconvincingly 2-1 with goals from Crooks and Bamba
5. You get mehhh?

I keep telling myself that the darkest hour is the one before the dawn.

They keep saying football is a squad game. 

Nope. He should but then he should already be gone by now too.

Zero. But being 'constructive' by Johns' words (in other words, ignoring the fact he should be gone already and giving him a significantly greater benefit of the doubt than any manager should get), he might as well get the full month before the next international break.

But no messing around any more. The fact he's still in charge is the ultimate benefit of the doubt. No more excuses, no more bad referees, poor fitness, injury problems, breakfast troubles, bad luck or whatever else he can conjure up. Nobody wants to hear it any more. It's time to get points on the board fast. I'd say bare minimum, the 6 games in the run-up to the November IB, I'd expect an absolute bare minimum of 12 points and that has to start with 3 points against Peterborough.

I'm not entirely sure of the injury picture but lets assume none of the new injuries in Hall, Bola and Fry are back for this one. It's not a perfect situation at all but as I said, no room for excuses, the team is still good enough to win this game if they're properly prepared for it. I suspect Warnock will use some combination of these players too if the injury front doesn't improve.

Lumley
Howson Bamba McNair
Tav Crooks Siliki Jones
Watmore
Uche Sporar

2-1 Boro

Uche and Tav with the goals

5. You get mehhh?

We get meh every bloody week. Time for something good.

Got to be Sol Bamba.

• Like 1

We're the worst coached team in the league, so any side has a chance against us, even those with worse players man for man in every position. We hauled a grand total of 1 goal and 1 point against the three sides with worse XGa than Peterborough:

0-0

1-2

1-0

And of course, lost to and failed to score against the last team to actually be below Peterborough:

2-0

Expect a repeat of the Hull game - a turgid slog where some of our more talented individuals will hopefully carve out goal scoring chances despite Warnock's outdated, imbecilic tactics.

If Sporar and Tav have their shooting boots on and given home advantage I think we'll nick it 1-0, but nobody will be going home happy with the performance. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

No more excuses, no more bad referees, poor fitness, injury problems, breakfast troubles, bad luck or whatever else he can conjure up. Nobody wants to hear it any more. It's time to get points on the board fast.

Absolutely spot-on. Neil, if you're reading, 👆

Under normal circumstances, what that means has long been forgotten, but this would be another game in a run that everyone would have been looking forward to. The fact I doubt many would lay a bet on an away win, that’s how far the club has regressed and belief shot to pieces. The NW syndrome is totally rife, it’s embedded in the faces of supporters when asked, do you think we will win? Sucking on lemons that side ways glance that says, are you ****ing serious. 
The reason fans rummage through the media is hope, hope NW has left the building, the other to scour statics and reassure themselves that what they feel is not unwarranted. 

Surly, surly even Boro must be able to win this away game.. 

Without doubt this is TMIGOTS.......so far!!!!....... for the wrong "Borough" 

If there was any game for them to pick up their first away win in ages then this is it!

What an inditement on our "Boro"

I would have sacked Warnock at the end of last season as we're just wasting another year. I've already had a wee bet that we are losing theis game 0-3, and I can only imagine that it will lead to Warnock going.

Question Time:

Put it this way - I would not be surprised. Only way he doesn't is because its still early enough in the season to turn things around. But if we can't beat Posh at home, how does Gibson ever expect Warnock to turn things around?

10 at the absolute max. If we're in the bottom 5 or 6 by then and genuinely looking at a relegation scrap, he's got to go.

My Lineup

649481051_BorovPosh.PNG.2b389f6bb9bf296b35cf2034cd145597.PNG

Warnock's Probable Lineup

1195727128_HullvsBoro.PNG.3c3657e24c3db60d349e9a68688a97fb.PNG

Middlesbrough 2 - 0 Peterborough

Watmore to score first half and Sporar to come on 2nd half and get the second.

5. You get mehhh?

Confused Britney Spears GIF

Sol Bamba - purely because he's the oldest and therefore most expendable. Well, either him or Howson.

Bonus mini games:

There IS hope for Martin Payroll after all...

PayeroMaze_LI.jpg.aad33c0f95505edc31f72551f2a97732.jpg

WordSearch.PNG.b7a8120cb88827dfa0dd49b460ff7bc3.PNG

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)