oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremos

New from JML this Christmas - Neil Warnock Boro Bingo!  Love Bingo? Love watching your football team completely fail to deliver when it matters? Love listening to the post-match interview with th

This was the moment, some of it fortunately captured:  

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Anyone have a link to the talksport interview please?

There's not really anything worth listening to unless you're interested in his thoughts on Steve Bruce and Newcastle.

The Middlesbrough segment was 10 seconds.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

There's not really anything worth listening to unless you're interested in his thoughts on Steve Bruce and Newcastle.

The Middlesbrough segment was 10 seconds.

Ah cheers mate. I DGAF about his views on Newcastle one bit. Or any other club bar us that matter.

• Like 1

Warnock after the Hull game: We need reinforcements badly, we're looking at a couple of free agents over the international break.

Warnock on the Wednesday before our next game: *ssing about on TalkSport setting up our injuries as his excuse for failing god forbid his team's performances could be down to him.

It's a joke, he shouldn't still have a job here in my opinion but his credibility on anything is absolutely shot.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Warnock after the Hull game: We need reinforcements badly, we're looking at a couple of free agents over the international break.

Warnock on the Wednesday before our next game: *ssing about on TalkSport setting up our injuries as his excuse for failing god forbid his team's performances could be down to him.

It's a joke, he shouldn't still have a job here in my opinion but his credibility on anything is absolutely shot.

Excuses are just bouncing off me now. I don't really care what he has to say unless he's going to come out and acknowledge his role in this.

It's just an extension of last season though, isn't it? Like when he welcomed Akpom with open arms, said he was delighted with him coming in only to fob him off as somebody else's problem when it went tits up and ended up saying he's had no strikers when he's the only boss in the last 4 years who never got goals out of Britt, including Pulis who had him spending 90% of his time up front on his own.

13 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Excuses are just bouncing off me now. I don't really care what he has to say unless he's going to come out and acknowledge his role in this.

It's just an extension of last season though, isn't it? Like when he welcomed Akpom with open arms, said he was delighted with him coming in only to fob him off as somebody else's problem when it went tits up and ended up saying he's had no strikers when he's the only boss in the last 4 years who never got goals out of Britt, including Pulis who had him spending 90% of his time up front on his own.

what's weird about that is in the 8 games he had when he kept us up, I think Britt scored like 5 goals for him didn't he? Then for whatever reason he just completely ruined him the season after.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

what's weird about that is in the 8 games he had when he kept us up, I think Britt scored like 5 goals for him didn't he? Then for whatever reason he just completely ruined him the season after.

Yeah, which is probably why it's easy to start pointing the finger at Britt as downing tools, too.

Like, I remember watching him in some of those 8 games and he looked like a bit of a monster at times, actually holding the ball up properly which we never saw much of. So him not doing that the season after and being a bit of a lightweight makes it quite easy to point the finger at Britt.

In reality it's probably something both of them needed to sort out but Warnock was the manager not getting the best out of his player and it wasn't something that was or continues to be limited to Britt Assombalonga.

• Like 1

Even with a free weekend due to international breaks this matches still come round so quick

This will be the 9th time Peterborough have played on Teesside,  the 1st visit been the famous 1966/67 promotion season from the third division & our penultimate home game of that awesome season

The game, on the 13th May 1967, attracted our biggest home attendance of the season so far 32,503 

Big John scored a brace that day as the Boro took another step towards promotion, since those days we’ve met Peterborough on Teesside in the league & both cups, with the following record

Won 6

Drew 2 

Lost zero

Goals for 15

Goals against 2

Played for both teams, cant remember many

Billy Day 

Lee Tomlin

Britt Assomalonga

18th February 1975 - A  2-0 FAC 5th round replay win  at home to Peterborough was my 6th FAC match following the Boro, in fact the 1-1 draw at London road on the previous Saturday was my 1st ever FAC away game

John Hickton is the only Boro player to score a penalty against Peterborough. On the 11th November 1975 we played them at a home in a league cup fixture, the Boro won 3-0 with big John scoring our 3rd league cup penalty & our 168th in total as a league club 

Our biggest win against Peterborough was at the Riverside on the 5th January 2019 in the FAC third round, we won 5-0

Pictures blast from the past:-

IMG_20211013_121524.jpg

IMG_20211013_121530.jpg

• Like 4

its just rinse and repeat every game. he's utterly useless in everyway. until he's gone we'll see the same game played out every week. we'll likely lose again and it will all be down to that useless old ***. if we win, it will be an ugly unimpressive slog of a win.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Erimus74 said:

Even with a free weekend due to international breaks this matches still come round so quick

This will be the 9th time Peterborough have played on Teesside,  the 1st visit been the famous 1966/67 promotion season from the third division & our penultimate home game of that awesome season

The game, on the 13th May 1967, attracted our biggest home attendance of the season so far 32,503 

Big John scored a brace that day as the Boro took another step towards promotion, since those days we’ve met Peterborough on Teesside in the league & both cups, with the following record

Won 6

Drew 2 

Lost zero

Goals for 15

Goals against 2

Played for both teams, cant remember many

Billy Day 

Lee Tomlin

Britt Assomalonga

18th February 1975 - A  2-0 FAC 5th round replay win  at home to Peterborough was my 6th FAC match following the Boro, in fact the 1-1 draw at London road on the previous Saturday was my 1st ever FAC away game

John Hickton is the only Boro player to score a penalty against Peterborough. On the 11th November 1975 we played them at a home in a league cup fixture, the Boro won 3-0 with big John scoring our 3rd league cup penalty & our 168th in total as a league club 

Our biggest win against Peterborough was at the Riverside on the 5th January 2019 in the FAC third round, we won 5-0

Pictures blast from the past:-

IMG_20211013_121524.jpg

IMG_20211013_121530.jpg

I was full of confidence till I read those two words 😞

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

saying he's had no strikers

I imagine that we still don't have any, that's why we're struggling to score goals.  Again.  Ikpeazu was only meant to be second or third choice, isn't that something he's already come out with this season?

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Going to paper over the cracks by winning our next 2 home games! UTB.....

He may even start Payero and Silki at this rate.... Thank god for these compromises.

Is Payero back in the UK?

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)