oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremos

New from JML this Christmas - Neil Warnock Boro Bingo!  Love Bingo? Love watching your football team completely fail to deliver when it matters? Love listening to the post-match interview with th

This was the moment, some of it fortunately captured:  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Going to paper over the cracks by winning our next 2 home games! UTB.....

He may even start Payero and Silki at this rate.... Thank god for these compromises.

I would snap your hands off with two wins on the bounce mate. Seems many a year ago since we managed that.

Why does Craig Johns persist on pushing the 3-5-2.. he also claims there’s a ‘clamour’ to see Ikpeazu and Sporar as a front 2, the only clamour I’ve seen is for Neil’s head which Johns’ also fails to acknowledge. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Why does Craig Johns persist on pushing the 3-5-2.. he also claims there’s a ‘clamour’ to see Ikpeazu and Sporar as a front 2, the only clamour I’ve seen is for Neil’s head which Johns’ also fails to acknowledge. 

I've absolutely seen people calling for them to be played together.

6 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Cos we don't have a right back available would be at least one reason.

There has been a clamour on here from Foxtrot Oscar Warnock.  I think he suggested just that front two the other day when we were chatting about the potential Peterborough team on the Warnock thread.

Who are the seven injured first team players NW is referring? 
Is this an expected amount of injuries teams expect? 
What the best source for news of this nature? 

Edited by sanddancer
9 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

7 isn't great, but it's also not a freak situation - lots of teams will have far worse at various parts of the season (ourselves included).

Going by the 1st team squad on the official site we have 27 first team players (a few of them are youngsters granted, but theyve been seen as close enough to the first team to be included). That means we should have 20 players considered first team ready available if the 7 is an accurate number. Injuries are no excuse whatsoever, especially considering what reading did to us with no defenders available.

Just now, Neverbefore said:

7 isn't great, but it's also not a freak situation - lots of teams will have far worse at various parts of the season (ourselves included).

Going by the 1st team squad on the official site we have 27 first team players (a few of them are youngsters granted, but theyve been seen as close enough to the first team to be included). That means we should have 20 players considered first team ready available if the 7 is an accurate number. Injuries are no excuse whatsoever, especially considering what reading did to us with no defenders available.

The EG is just frustrating and a waste of time trying to read, what with the amount of banners and pop ups I can seem to prevent. Add stories peppered with could, should and possibly it’s not worth bothering I could just write my own. 
So the only real source is our official site? 

9 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I can't work it out because even including Fry & Hall I can only think of 5 that we knew were injured going into the IB,

Fry, Hall, Payero, Hernandez & Dijksteel.

The Gazette say we definitely have 7 out and it doesn't include Fry & Hall, suggesting there are injuries we haven't been made aware of yet.

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

The Gazette (the clubs mouthpiece) have reported that we will have 15 senior players this weekend, 3 of whom are goalkeepers. So they're definitely playing it up. They clearly are not including the young players on the fringe of the squad like you are.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)