oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)

55 minutes ago, pikerman said:

So we have no first team full backs available, but we must presumably have at least two under contract and playing for the U23s. Are we saying that they are not good enough, the manager doesn’t trust them or what. How does a young player break into the first team if they are never given a chance to prove themselves 

We have Williams Kokolo in the academy who is meant to be highly rated, don't understand why we aren't giving him a chance.

• Like 1
  • Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremos

New from JML this Christmas - Neil Warnock Boro Bingo!  Love Bingo? Love watching your football team completely fail to deliver when it matters? Love listening to the post-match interview with th

This was the moment, some of it fortunately captured:  

Posted Images

Providing nobody is back from injury, this is the team I would go for

Lumley

Howson. Mcnair Bamba Bola

Lea silki.  Crooks. Tavernier

Watmore (Begrudgingly)    Jones

Spoar

Edited by diggerlad07
Spelling, thanks Brunners
10 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Providing nobody is back from injury, this is the team I would go for

Lumley

Howson. Mcnair Bamba Bola

Lea silki.  Crooks. Tavernier

Watmore (Bregudily)     Jones

Spoar

Bregudily won't be match fit, not up to the pace of the Championship, carrying a knock, pulled up in training/hasn't trained well or arrived back late from International duty so it will have to be Watmore!

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Bregudily won't be match fit, not up to the pace of the Championship, carrying a knock, pulled up in training/hasn't trained well or arrived back late from International duty so it will have to be Watmore!

Who is Bregudily? 🤔

10 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I assume the back 3 would assist given our RB on the day will be a midfielder (Tav, Jones or Howson). The extra defender will cover the RB as no doubt the opposition will rightly target our RB knowing he a midfielder thinking they will get joy down that side.

For what its worth I would be playing a back 3 this weekend given our 3 RBs are all out.

The formation we play is not the issue. Its the tactics we employ in that formation that could be. A back 3 does not instantly mean negativity.

A 4.4.2 under Pulis will be a lot more defensive than a 3.5.2 that say someone like a wilder employed at Sheff Utd.

In all fairness warnock probably will go with the team you have suggested.

Imo it's a poor strategy to play a winger and central midfielder as wing backs and a left back in centre half and expect to be winning games at this level. Not only that but playing our best player as a wing back and out of position is a total waste and he looks absolutely raging when he plays there. Go with a back 4 and you only need to have howson out of position. If fry or Hall are back mcnair could probably go in there for a couple of games. It's better to have one out of position than 3. 

Unfortunately we already shipped our 2 wingbacks out so we should not be considering playing wingbacks thank Colin for that masterstroke. I'm not against the formation but I definitely am when we don't have players to fill the positions.

Edited by Foxtrot Oscar Colin
Add content
  • Like 1

Feels like I'm pilling on the gazette a lot recently, but the gall for them to start a tweet with "Peterborough are 2nd bottom for a reason" after spending the last 2 weeks giving every excuse under the sun (apart from the actual reason) for our poor performances is breathtaking. 

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Feels like I'm pilling on the gazette a lot recently, but the gall for them to start a tweet with "Peterborough are 2nd bottom for a reason" after spending the last 2 weeks giving every excuse under the sun (apart from the actual reason) for our poor performances is breathtaking. 

They may, as others teams have a poor defence, but this is offset by BORO lack of ability up front. 
I don’t want to say it but with reported injuries making headlines I’m more then worried about this game.  

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)