oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)

Haha, you honestly just have to laugh at the latest excuses. 

We're going to win this (despite all the various setbacks Warnock and the Gazette are claiming to have occurred) and then it'll be the second coming of Neil Warnock, just you wait and see.

Its like in retail when Head Office cuts a stores hours, and the workers, fearful for their jobs work twice as hard, just about managing to meet the requirements and then Head Office using it as justification for keeping the hours cut.

Except our players aren't playing for their jobs and nobody at the club seems to be working twice as hard at anything

• Like 2
  • Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremos

New from JML this Christmas - Neil Warnock Boro Bingo!  Love Bingo? Love watching your football team completely fail to deliver when it matters? Love listening to the post-match interview with th

This was the moment, some of it fortunately captured:  

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Feels like I'm pilling on the gazette a lot recently, but the gall for them to start a tweet with "Peterborough are 2nd bottom for a reason" after spending the last 2 weeks giving every excuse under the sun (apart from the actual reason) for our poor performances is breathtaking. 

Derby, Reading and Hull all have similar XGa to Peterborough - we failed to score against any of them.

Anyone expecting an easy win is deluded. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

So we should expect the inclusion of the tea lady and ticket office staff to make up the numbers.

Have never known so much doubt about who is available before a game it's surreal in a way

Tea lady turned her ankle reaching for the Hob Nobs, Warnock said if it had been the Rich Tea Fingers she would probably have made it but as it is it looks like the lads will have to bring flasks and pack up lunches.

He ended the presser by saying she was pencilled in and "gutted really"!

• Like 1

The gazette has lost all my respect especially with Craig John's blatant bias towards  Warnock. He clearly has a good relationship with him and likes the man on a personal level. I listened to the gazette podcast yesterday and was in disbelief with the amount of *** he came out with. Apperntly at Hull we were playing good football from 30 minutes onwards. The football under Warnock isn't bad and the biggest thing is the Warnock out chants is all online and no one every posts positively online  on social media about football. Utter ***. Only a small section of fans at Hull seemed to want him out and started chanting. 

57 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Derby, Reading and Hull all have similar XGa to Peterborough - we failed to score against any of them.

Anyone expecting an easy win is deluded. 

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility we don't win this game but the fact of the matter is we should and I think we will, such is the gap in quality between our two sides that not even Neil Warnock right now could bugger this up. We could turn up and not bother for 90 minutes and still stand a good chance of winning this game. No intended disrespect to Peterborough but I can't imagine their fans right now are going into games like this with anything but hope that they can beat the odds.

It's worth pointing out just how big the gap in quality is between these two sides because if we do win, that's just matching expectations, it's nothing worth shouting about. We move onto the next game with very little having changed. Anything but a win is pretty catastrophic. Teams looking to get promoted don't drop the points that we do and these next 2 games should really be 6 in the bag with a bit of momentum heading to Cardiff.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I still can't understand how this game has been picked for TV. Imaging being a neutral and actively choosing to watch this game 😵🔫

I hope you are joking picked for TV since when?

5 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Bola injured during international break....You really couldnt make this stuff up could you?

Signs that players are downing tools maybe?

Our back 3 or 5 will be extremely interesting tomorrow.....

This Been confirmed or something you've heard?

If it's true, there's clearly something very wrong with Warnocks methods of training and fitness, particular around Bola. We've rushed him back from injury twice this season to start games and were only 11 games in. Everyone on here was saying we hope we haven't rushed him back both times, how can we see the issue but he can't?

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Bola injured during international break....You really couldnt make this stuff up could you?

Signs that players are downing tools maybe?

Our back 3 or 5 will be extremely interesting tomorrow.....

This is where the “golden thread” was a good idea. Have the entire club playing the same way so players can step up and already know their role in the team. 

Warnock previously said we kept squad spaces available for free transfers well if they haven’t come in now they probably - won’t so why not give a couple of lads a run out. 

Also thinking about the young lads it’s Peterborough we are playing not West Brom so it should be a good run out for them.

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)