oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)

Tbf signing players who have had injury problems in the past has finally started to really hit us. Dijksteel, Bola, Fry and Hall can’t be relied upon through a season, not to mention Bamba and Peltiers age. Makes it even funnier the fact we loaned out Coulson and Spence as well 😂

• Like 1
  • Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremos

New from JML this Christmas - Neil Warnock Boro Bingo!  Love Bingo? Love watching your football team completely fail to deliver when it matters? Love listening to the post-match interview with th

This was the moment, some of it fortunately captured:  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Bola injured during international break....You really couldnt make this stuff up could you?

Signs that players are downing tools maybe?

Our back 3 or 5 will be extremely interesting tomorrow.....

I'm guessing it'll have to be Howson - McNair - Bamba in a back 3, with Jones LWB and Tav right?

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

This Been confirmed or something you've heard?

Warnock said it in his press conference

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

This Been confirmed or something you've heard?

If it's true, there's clearly something very wrong with Warnocks methods of training and fitness, particular around Bola. We've rushed him back from injury twice this season to start games and were only 11 games in. Everyone on here was saying we hope we haven't rushed him back both times, how can we see the issue but he can't?

Some gall from Warnock framing it as an excuse for poor performances rather than it being indicative of poor management. Only Sporar, Payero and Siliki didn't get a pre season with us but you'd expect them to be up to speed by mid October.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Bola injured during international break....You really couldnt make this stuff up could you?

Signs that players are downing tools maybe?

Our back 3 or 5 will be extremely interesting tomorrow.....

It wasn't even like it was at the beginning, NW says Bola went down yesterday. So there's our weekly "late thursday/friday training injury" that we seem to be getting an awful lot of lately!

• Like 1

“It seems to be all defenders at the moment” manager Neil Warnock said. 

“Grant Hall and Dael Fry will be our for three or four weeks.

“Anfernee Dijksteel is out, Marc Bola went down yesterday, I can’t see either of them coming back before Cardiff.”

warnock quotes courtesy of Northern Echo. Doesn’t sound promising 

Surely you've got to give Kokolo a chance tomorrow now.

Not sure if he's ready, I've never watched him, but there's no point in even having him on the bench if you won't risk him against the bottom side in the league.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

“It seems to be all defenders at the moment” manager Neil Warnock said. 

“Grant Hall and Dael Fry will be our for three or four weeks.

“Anfernee Dijksteel is out, Marc Bola went down yesterday, I can’t see either of them coming back before Cardiff.”

warnock quotes courtesy of Northern Echo. Doesn’t sound promising 

If only he didn't ship out two players who were considered full backs before he got his hands on them. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

If only he didn't ship out two players who were considered full backs before he got his hands on them. 

I'm guessing that both players had had enough of not being considered full-backs, Coulson did seem pretty desperate to go out and play from both his own and Warnock's comments, Spence has certainly shown how he feels since joining Forest too.

Warnock will say he was backed into a corner to allow them to leave and I'm sure Johns will back him on that like he does everything else. But this is born from his own attitude towards both players. He never wanted either and now he's been left in a situation where he needs them and doesn't have them. We should make no mistake here, this is Warnock's doing.

• Like 1

I assume he'll go Mamba + Mcnair at CB. After that, who knows.

Hope Kokolo can do himself justice if he gets an opportunity. Outside chance of Cain Sykes in at RB if things are really desperate.

1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

I assume he'll go bamba + mcnair at CB. After that, who knows.

Hope Kokolo can do himself justice if he gets an opportunity. Outside chance of Cain Sykes in at RB if things are really desperate.

I suspect either Kokolo comes in with Howson at right-back or Howson to centre-back with Jones/Kokolo at wing-back and Tav on the other side.

I thought Cain Sykes was a CM? Didn't Warnock like Dan Dodds for RB, what's happened to him? Maybe even a place on the bench for Gitau?

I am sure he thought he had enough cover on the right with Djik, Peltier and Howson.

It’s baffling decision on the left especially in light of Bola’s fitness record and not bringing anybody in. I can only assume that this is a higher up decision no manager would leave themselves with 1 left back.

Hopefully this is a chance for one of the young lads to shine.

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility we don't win this game but the fact of the matter is we should and I think we will, such is the gap in quality between our two sides that not even Neil Warnock right now could bugger this up. We could turn up and not bother for 90 minutes and still stand a good chance of winning this game. No intended disrespect to Peterborough but I can't imagine their fans right now are going into games like this with anything but hope that they can beat the odds.

It's worth pointing out just how big the gap in quality is between these two sides because if we do win, that's just matching expectations, it's nothing worth shouting about. We move onto the next game with very little having changed. Anything but a win is pretty catastrophic. Teams looking to get promoted don't drop the points that we do and these next 2 games should really be 6 in the bag with a bit of momentum heading to Cardiff.

We thought the same about Hull 😬

And now sounds like we'll need to pick some fans to play in defence. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)