oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremos

New from JML this Christmas - Neil Warnock Boro Bingo!  Love Bingo? Love watching your football team completely fail to deliver when it matters? Love listening to the post-match interview with th

This was the moment, some of it fortunately captured:  

Posted Images

Relying on a 36 year old Bamba not to get injured for the next month. 😬

I know Neverbefore was worried about this happening in pre-season but I just really didn't expect to have this many players out injured repeatedly.

3 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

We thought the same about Hull 😬

And now sounds like we'll need to pick some fans to play in defence. 

Yeah and really, we did create enough chances to win that game and their goals were a lucky bounce and a counter formed from the space the lucky goal created.

Not saying we were amazing, we weren't as good as the squad we had available for that game at all. But we didn't need to be, we were the better team in the game.

21 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I am sure he thought he had enough cover on the right with Djik, Peltier and Howson.

It’s baffling decision on the left especially in light of Bola’s fitness record and not bringing anybody in. I can only assume that this is a higher up decision no manager would leave themselves with 1 left back.

Hopefully this is a chance for one of the young lads to shine.

Yes, I think that may be the case. I'm not in the business of defending Warnock, but the fact that Coulson didn't get a squad number, something Warnock wouldn't be actively involved in, suggested that there was a decision made above his head.

27 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I suspect either Kokolo comes in with Howson at right-back or Howson to centre-back with Jones/Kokolo at wing-back and Tav on the other side.

I thought Cain Sykes was a CM? Didn't Warnock like Dan Dodds for RB, what's happened to him? Maybe even a place on the bench for Gitau?

Sykes has moved into the backline and has been a RB this season. Dodds has had no luck with injuries, poor lad. Would surely be knocking on the door now if he was fit.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Relying on a 36 year old Bamba not to get injured for the next month. 😬

I know Neverbefore was worried about this happening in pre-season but I just really didn't expect to have this many players out injured repeatedly.

Nor did I mate, it's been pretty crazy. But still, even without everyone out like they are atm, we were still only 2 injuries away from having to play bamba 3 times in a week, that was what I was concerned about. This is that only much worse

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yes, I think that may be the case. I'm not in the business of defending Warnock, but the fact that Coulson didn't get a squad number, something Warnock wouldn't be actively involved in, suggested that there was a decision made above his head.

It was Warnock that decided he wasn't a full back though and didn't play him all last season. Warnock didn't want him, that much was clear. Whether the decision to not bring in cover was made over his head or not we don't know, but we can absolutely place the blame of the isolated coulson situation on warnock.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:
13 minutes ago, Tom said:

It was Warnock that decided he wasn't a full back though and didn't play him all last season. Warnock didn't want him, that much was clear. Whether the decision to not bring in cover was made over his head or not we don't know, but we can absolutely place the blame of the isolated coulson situation on warnock.

Yeah fair point. In any case, I imagine that going into the season with one left back is as frustrating for Warnock as it is for the rest of us. But really he and the recruitment team should have sorted out a free agent by now, and it's frankly ridiculous that they haven't.

• Like 1

In the Bingo stakes I'm going to go with only 5 on the bench tomorrow so that he makes a point plus has a ready made excuse before a ball is even kicked.

"You saw how thin the bench was"

"I couldn't make the substitutions I wanted to as we just didn't have the bodies"

"It wouldn't have been fair to throw the kids into that"

10 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Should we put daveybongeye at the back with Bamba?

We should put him in charge instead of Warnock. I'd rather see a smileyface on the sideline than someone who just spends 85 minutes having a go at the fourth official.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We should put him in charge instead of Warnock. I'd rather see a smileyface on the sideline than someone who just spends 85 minutes having a go at the fourth official.

The fouth official has already been included in the Boro squad for tomorrow😄

What a state of affairs, all this BS about actively getting a couple of free agents in over the IB makes Boro look foolish.

Think it is fair to say that the other "Borough" are looking good for the 3 points now

5 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

The fouth official has already been included in the Boro squad for tomorrow😄

What a state of affairs, all this BS about actively getting a couple of free agents in over the IB makes Boro look foolish.

Think it is fair to say that the other "Borough" are looking good for the 3 points now

I hope it's because NW has been told that he has what he has and that he needs to deal with it. Our squad is still better than most in this league and his mismanagement of young talent is why we have two of them out on loan. Three if you include young Wood who has done nothing wrong when played.

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I hope it's because NW has been told that he has what he has and that he needs to deal with it. Our squad is still better than most in this league and his mismanagement of young talent is why we have two of them out on loan. Three if you include young Wood who has done nothing wrong when played.

Wood was ran ragged against Rotherham when he last played in the league for us, and looked miles off the standard of the Championship.

Obviously in hindsight loaning him out looks daft right now, especially with him stuck on the bench at Hibs, but he needed loaning out and to play consistently.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)