oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I've noticed that there's a lot of sniping on the forum lately, and I think it needs to stop.  Poor davey is being persecuted, much like Jesus was when he looked confusedly at the temple in Gethsemane.  Are we really no better than the Romans? 🤦‍♂️

Romans??????????  What did the Romans ever do for us?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremos

New from JML this Christmas - Neil Warnock Boro Bingo!  Love Bingo? Love watching your football team completely fail to deliver when it matters? Love listening to the post-match interview with th

This was the moment, some of it fortunately captured:  

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

We had plenty of cover at CB (Fry, McNair, Hall, Bamba, Peltier) decent enough options at RB (Djiksteel, Peltier and at a stretch Howson) but a shocking lack of cover at LB. 

I have no problems really loaning Wood, Spence or Coulson out. They should all benefit from first team football but probably wouldn’t get it here.

I think Boro players get better in fans minds the less they play. 

What I can’t understand is not getting cover in for LB.

Fry - injury prone

McNair - debatable about his best position, doesn't want to play CB and previously injury prone. 

Hall - injury problems

Bamba - 36, hasn't played in 2 years

Peltier - 34, hasn't played in a year. 

Dijksteel - injury prone

Howson - not a rb

Add to that the fact Warnock has expressed a desire to play 5 at the back over pre season, we absolutely did not have enough cover, never did. Have to look past just the numbers, have to look at the reliability of the players we have.

• Like 2

Absolutely wonderful this…

Not only have we got to endure another game with this *** in charge… but he’s already got his excuses lined up before the match even kicks off!

We must be the only club in English football that wouldn’t have sacked him given that he is ruining the club in every possible way… Woodgate was a terrible manager but I’d happily argue that both Pulis and Warnock have set this club back much further in terms of footballing mindset and ruining youth than Woodgate did. 

• Like 4

If NcNair and Crooks/Howson go into the back line our centre midfield will then be interesting.

JLS and Payero both with question marks over fitness and having completed international travel.

Could we play a team of just CM’s?

31 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Absolutely wonderful this…

Not only have we got to endure another game with this *** in charge… but he’s already got his excuses lined up before the match even kicks off!

We must be the only club in English football that wouldn’t have sacked him given that he is ruining the club in every possible way… Woodgate was a terrible manager but I’d happily argue that both Pulis and Warnock have set this club back much further in terms of footballing mindset and ruining youth than Woodgate did. 

All three set the club back but for different reasons, had Woodgate remained we would have been playing Sunderland last season and this one like as not.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

We are still gonna win tomorrow so that's what matters.

I hope you're right, and I do genuinely think we'll win tomorrow, but I've genuinely lost all motivation.

The constant excuses and deflection has just worn me down.

19 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I hope you're right, and I do genuinely think we'll win tomorrow, but I've genuinely lost all motivation.

The constant excuses and deflection has just worn me down.

I'm long since passed that point mate so I'm just enjoying things in my own little way.  I think we'll win tomorrow because we're a better side.  If you want Warnock out then really you'd be hoping for three defeats in a row starting tomorrow.  Losing to all of the bottom teams would see him gone probably.  It would be incredibly difficult for the club to justify continuing as they are with a 3-3-8 record, failing to beat any of the (current) bottom five, and losing to four of them.  We'll win a couple though anyway.

1 hour ago, Skinemrippers said:

Excited for this one just to see the team! No idea who he’s going to play where 

The mystery striker brought on in the 90th minute could very well be me, though I told NW that at 64 I could not run fast anymore....in fact can't run!😄

Actually thinking about it probably why it will be the 90th minute because of the explanation!

• Haha 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)