oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremos

New from JML this Christmas - Neil Warnock Boro Bingo!  Love Bingo? Love watching your football team completely fail to deliver when it matters? Love listening to the post-match interview with th

This was the moment, some of it fortunately captured:  

Posted Images

What most of us predicted really, wasn't it?

Another turd performance but had enough to win. Lucky not to be 1 down to a stonewall pen - and lucky a shirt pull was given for once. 

Second goal was nice. Happy for Payero, that assist will do him the world of good.

• Like 1

Apart from the three points we at last saw what Payero is capable of, balance pace and the vision for a pass with his head up, no doubt he will be dropped for the next game by the Dino. A mention too for Bamba, 36 years old and recovered from cancer and still a class act, oh and Josh Coburn even at this stage must start before Ikpeazu. Good night

• Like 9
1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Alarmed at how poor Ikpeazu has become

I'm alarmed at how many of the squad have regressed after watching that shambles not just Ikpeazu. They have the ability individually but nothing is joined up, tactically we were all at sea.

Bamba and McNair were the best of the lot today, both composed, Bamba just oozed class and experience. Payero in the second half came into his own. Telling that it took Jones coming on to turn the game and Payero's perfect link to Coburn saved Warnock's blushes; two players who have been pushed away by Warnock rescued the game.

• Like 2

Really wish Warnock would *** off trying to sabotage Payero by sticking him in a 10 role and lobbing the ball over his head. 

You could see how much better and impactful he was dropped deeper in a 8 role.

God I hate Warnock.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremost how good Coburn was as a young lad coming on for those final few minutes and he deserved his goal. Great stuff.

But the relief for Payero. Oh my word. Fans and players alike just wanted to hug the lad. Everyone running in to celebrate with him. I've watched him a lot this season so far and I don't just mean on the pitch. Watched his body language as a young lad coming in from a country on the other side of the world. These last few weeks he's been emotionally void, clearly depressed at how it's going so far and the same thing can be said of him first half today. Little bit lost, not quite up for it.

Second half has been better. Not the peak of what we can expect from him I hope by any means but more involved, more capable, more willing, more collaborative. Just more everything.

And let's not treat this result or goal as anything special in terms of what it means to our season. There is still plenty to say about our performance against this Peterborough side that shows we still aren't playing to the best of the squad's ability.

But sometimes football is special even in moments you don't expect. And that's how I felt watching Payero setting up that goal and watching the fans and players run to him. To congratulate, to celebrate with, to love this young man who needs it from closer to his new home and needs it now more than ever. I genuinely nearly cried watching. Let's hope this is only the beginning.

• Like 19

I make no excuse for turning over at half time to watch Lei v Mun because I honestly couldn’t watch anymore dire football. 
I am pleased with the win, I’m more pleased to read some have highlighted positives that will surly annoy NW, bloody foreigners, eh. 

Injuries or not, all clubs have them, and it’s no excuse for constant bad results. The fact it happened papers over what is very apparent, the manger is not doing his job. 

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremost how good Coburn was as a young lad coming on for those final few minutes and he deserved his goal. Great stuff.

But the relief for Payero. Oh my word. Fans and players alike just wanted to hug the lad. Everyone running in to celebrate with him. I've watched him a lot this season so far and I don't just mean on the pitch. Watched his body language as a young lad coming in from a country on the other side of the world. These last few weeks he's been emotionally void, clearly depressed at how it's going so far and the same thing can be said of him first half today. Little bit lost, not quite up for it.

Second half has been better. Not the peak of what we can expect from him I hope by any means but more involved, more capable, more willing, more collaborative. Just more everything.

And let's not treat this result or goal as anything special in terms of what it means to our season. There is still plenty to say about our performance against this Peterborough side that shows we still aren't playing to the best of the squad's ability.

But sometimes football is special even in moments you don't expect. And that's how I felt watching Payero setting up that goal and watching the fans and players run to him. To congratulate, to celebrate with, to love this young man who needs it from closer to his new home and needs it now more than ever. I genuinely nearly cried watching. Let's hope this is only the beginning.

Very well said Liam and this has allowed those of us not being there to have some understanding of the emotion shown to the boy.

It does seem that NW has not used the lad properly and maybe just maybe with the fans reaction he will use him performing in his best position.

Really pleased for the lad and long may it continue

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Very well said Liam and this has allowed those of us not being there to have some understanding of the emotion shown to the boy.

It does seem that NW has not used the lad properly and maybe just maybe with the fans reaction he will use him performing in his best position.

Really pleased for the lad and long may it continue

Here, here.. 

• Like 2

It’s clear as day the tactics and coaching are what’s holding the team back. We had 7 midfielders today and were dominated on the ball at home to bottom of the league.

Just shows no matter what the personnel is, the football will always be the same 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Im sure Warnock would have been horrified to see Payero setting up Coburn for the second, We all know how much he hates winning football matches, has a personal vendetta against Payero, never gives the kids a chance etc,etc,etc , I didnt see the game but it sounded pretty grim.Lets look at the positives,3 points taking us well clear of the bottom 3. A clean sheet with a makeshift defense.I know it doesnt suit those that wanted to lose but im one of those weird Boro fans that actually prefers us to win football matches.Takes all kinds eh.

• Like 1

Payero looked good especially later in the game why Warnock thinks he can put him as a number 10 I don't know he has a tendency to change a players position if he thinks he sees something but I have no idea what he's trying to do with Payero.

We should be sending our attacking play through him if we need to lob a diagonal let Payero do it I don't want him fighting for second balls from our hoofs against opposition centre backs