oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)

31 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Everyone here knows Jones should be starting without a doubt, just a shame the management is blind 

Not sure the management are blind just think they are trying to protect him and nurture him. 

Not to the same level but Ferguson did something similar with Giggs.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremos

New from JML this Christmas - Neil Warnock Boro Bingo!  Love Bingo? Love watching your football team completely fail to deliver when it matters? Love listening to the post-match interview with th

This was the moment, some of it fortunately captured:  

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremost how good Coburn was as a young lad coming on for those final few minutes and he deserved his goal. Great stuff.

But the relief for Payero. Oh my word. Fans and players alike just wanted to hug the lad. Everyone running in to celebrate with him. I've watched him a lot this season so far and I don't just mean on the pitch. Watched his body language as a young lad coming in from a country on the other side of the world. These last few weeks he's been emotionally void, clearly depressed at how it's going so far and the same thing can be said of him first half today. Little bit lost, not quite up for it.

Second half has been better. Not the peak of what we can expect from him I hope by any means but more involved, more capable, more willing, more collaborative. Just more everything.

And let's not treat this result or goal as anything special in terms of what it means to our season. There is still plenty to say about our performance against this Peterborough side that shows we still aren't playing to the best of the squad's ability.

But sometimes football is special even in moments you don't expect. And that's how I felt watching Payero setting up that goal and watching the fans and players run to him. To congratulate, to celebrate with, to love this young man who needs it from closer to his new home and needs it now more than ever. I genuinely nearly cried watching. Let's hope this is only the beginning.

Anyone got the clip of the lads running to celebrate with Payero after the assist

Edited by Tarmo Kink Army
52 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Yes and let's hope that this can continue.

Alarmed at how poor Ikpeazu has become

I think the more players we bring in who want to play the ball on the floor the poorer he will look, poor signing from Warnock 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, mj south said:

I think the more players we bring in who want to play the ball on the floor the poorer he will look, poor signing from Warnock 

Warnock doesent want to play the ball on the floor though 😉 😜 

52 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremost how good Coburn was as a young lad coming on for those final few minutes and he deserved his goal. Great stuff.

But the relief for Payero. Oh my word. Fans and players alike just wanted to hug the lad. Everyone running in to celebrate with him. I've watched him a lot this season so far and I don't just mean on the pitch. Watched his body language as a young lad coming in from a country on the other side of the world. These last few weeks he's been emotionally void, clearly depressed at how it's going so far and the same thing can be said of him first half today. Little bit lost, not quite up for it.

Second half has been better. Not the peak of what we can expect from him I hope by any means but more involved, more capable, more willing, more collaborative. Just more everything.

And let's not treat this result or goal as anything special in terms of what it means to our season. There is still plenty to say about our performance against this Peterborough side that shows we still aren't playing to the best of the squad's ability.

But sometimes football is special even in moments you don't expect. And that's how I felt watching Payero setting up that goal and watching the fans and players run to him. To congratulate, to celebrate with, to love this young man who needs it from closer to his new home and needs it now more than ever. I genuinely nearly cried watching. Let's hope this is only the beginning.

You could see from that celebration that he's really well liked within the squad, they were all chuffed for him.

There was a lovely big bear hug between him and Leo after the game as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Loved Payero's reaction to the assist, its clearly meant a lot to him, also the way the rest of the players reacted to him, they celebrated it like he had scored.  He looked lost in the first half but came into the game more when Jones cam on and Tav went into the middle.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

For our pen, I don't know if it's been mentioned, but before the corner was taken Sol was stood in front of the ref for about 30 secs or so calmly telling him about all the fouls he'd missed at the previous corners, so I wasn't surprised at all when we then got a pen, even if it did look soft.  He wouldn't have dared say no again.

• Like 3

Just got in from the game, we're bloody awful to watch 2-0 flatters us, thank god the ref gave a spot kick because I think we would have played al night and not scored the 2nd came from Peterborough chasing the game. A neutral watching this would  think this was a relegation battle. I'll give Bamba and McNair credit they both played well.

I think Ikpeazu is better than we are seeing. Bamba, McNair and Payero's second half showing apart they all flattered to deceive or looked rank poor, it's unfair to single out any individual when the team as an entirety simply didn't perform or function at all.

What service did he or Sporar for that matter enjoy? How many corners did we win and then how many tantalising balls were crossed into the box just waiting for a Striker to get his head on the end of or even a toe to? The free kicks were as usual poor, the Payero one stands out in isolation, it was teasing but I think it surprised everyone including our own players.

The entire team looked down and lacking in confidence. I think Warnock's whining has eventually drained the enjoyment and with it the belief out of them.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

For our pen, I don't know if it's been mentioned, but before the corner was taken Sol was stood in front of the ref for about 30 secs or so calmly telling him about all the fouls he'd missed at the previous corners, so I wasn't surprised at all when we then got a pen, even if it did look soft.  He wouldn't have dared say no again.

Yep, spotted that. He'd had a word with the ref after the last corner too. Smart play.

I've just noticed on the sky sports highlights that Mcnair had an armful of bamba shirt and was dragging him down too for the penalty 🤣 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I came in to say something similar.  It brought a tear to my eye too and I hope with a run of games he will continue to grow in confidence. I was watching him closely throughout because like many on here, I’m desperate to see him do well, I think he’s been treated very badly. 
First half he looked a bit lost but did create a couple of chances (the free kick and chance for Crooks) and was asking for the ball in dangerous areas. Second half he saw a lot more of the action and played well. 
His reaction after the second goal was like all his frustrations and pent up emotion just came spilling out. He celebrated wildly behind the goal, the JLS came over to celebrate with him, then the other lads and the crowd! It was an emotional moment - everyone so happy for him and united in wanting to lift/congratulate him. As he came off the pitch, Leo gave him the biggest hug. 
Hopefully  the start of something special between Payero and Boro 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Warnock with some warm words for Payero post match, apparently his partner's moved over this week and it's put a smile on his face in training.

Crooks sitting behind him I'm not so sure about he basically says it's because he can't trust him defensively yet but I'm not a fan of Crooks as a number 6.

• Like 1