oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)

Up next are Barnsley at home on Wednesday and than away to struggling Cardiff on Saturday. A perfect opportunity for Warnock to get the season back on track. Failure to capitalise on his late get out of jail card this afternoon just prolongs the agony.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremos

New from JML this Christmas - Neil Warnock Boro Bingo!  Love Bingo? Love watching your football team completely fail to deliver when it matters? Love listening to the post-match interview with th

This was the moment, some of it fortunately captured:  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Yep, spotted that. He'd had a word with the ref after the last corner too. Smart play.

I've just noticed on the sky sports highlights that Mcnair had an armful of bamba shirt and was dragging him down too for the penalty 🤣 

Haha that doesn't surprise me.  I never get my hopes up when McNair goes down as he throws himself to the floor every time someone breathes on him and I think the refs are wise to it now, but like I said, he didn't want another lecture from Bamba.

8 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Interesting people saying McNair played well. How many times did he commit to a tackle in midfield and miss it they were through.

Last 20 mins Payero was class. Hope he can do more of that.

thats because he was actually getting the ball. the headless chickens were to busy rushing about giving the ball away to pass to him. i've always rated tav but today seeing payero on the ball more. they are not even close ability wise payero is miles ahead of him.  you can see the same with sporar he is on another level to. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Haha that doesn't surprise me.  I never get my hopes up when McNair goes down as he throws himself to the floor every time someone breathes on him and I think the refs are wise to it now, but like I said, he didn't want another lecture from Bamba.

bamba is a great player, you can see why hes a bit of a fan favorite were he plays. shame he is past it and so slow now. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

bamba is a great player, you can see why hes a bit of a fan favorite were he plays. shame he is past it and so slow now. 

His reading of the game and experience shines through and more than compensates for slowing down. I'd far rather see Bamba than a rookie with bags of energy but who couldn't read the Sun let alone the next phase of play. His age is a shame but the level of his performances mean that we couldn't afford him if he was ten years younger.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

His reading of the game and experience shines through and more than compensates for slowing down. I'd far rather see Bamba than a rookie with bags of energy but who couldn't read the Sun let alone the next phase of play. His age is a shame but the level of his performances mean that we couldn't afford him if he was ten years younger.

I will admit he has surprised me with his level of performance. Didn't think he had it in him.

Even if this is his one and only season for us as a player, before he goes into coaching, he was still a good acquisition. Hopefully he can pass on his knowledge and experience to the youngsters coming through.

• Like 2

For your enjoyment, yes indeed for our enjoyment as we needed that.

A win is a win and Posh are a Championship club.

Yep should have been a penna for Posh and sorry for the canned crowd noise!

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Warnock with some warm words for Payero post match, apparently his partner's moved over this week and it's put a smile on his face in training.

Crooks sitting behind him I'm not so sure about he basically says it's because he can't trust him defensively yet but I'm not a fan of Crooks as a number 6.

It did a job for today which is ok by me

By the way, this picture is circulating but I'm sure is from after McNair's goal, not Coburn's. Still a good sight but this isn't the moment I was talking about before.

20211016_193056.thumb.jpg.022dcd3e669caaafb22202776570b8a1.jpg

I feel bad for Coburn because I'm so happy for Payero and I barely gave him a thought. I'm delighted for him too.

• Like 1

Delighted with the win and the reactions of the players to Payero. It does seem that even they think that he has been getting a raw deal. I will say the same for Wednesday as I said before the game today. There can be no excuses. We must win against Barnsley 

• Like 1

Interesting watching Josh's goal back. Payero battled for possession, passed to Josh then ran gesturing to lay it into his path which Coburn duly did but then he in turn gestured for Payero to cut it back to him when arriving in the box which he did perfectly. Good to see footballing brains as an International language and really good for both lads to have someone on the same wavelength.

• Like 8