oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremos

New from JML this Christmas - Neil Warnock Boro Bingo!  Love Bingo? Love watching your football team completely fail to deliver when it matters? Love listening to the post-match interview with th

This was the moment, some of it fortunately captured:  

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

By the way, this picture is circulating but I'm sure is from after McNair's goal, not Coburn's. Still a good sight but this isn't the moment I was talking about before.

20211016_193056.thumb.jpg.022dcd3e669caaafb22202776570b8a1.jpg

I feel bad for Coburn because I'm so happy for Payero and I barely gave him a thought. I'm delighted for him too.

I think this shows the end of the celebration of his assist..

Screenshot_20211016-200722_Instagram.jpg

1 minute ago, Skinemrippers said:

I thought Crooks was awful today but the Gazette had him just off MoM and Warnock gave him special praise. I think towards the end he swapped positions with Howson and looked better at the back. 

Watching the stream I thought he did his job pretty well, far from awful that's for sure! 

18 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Watching the stream I thought he did his job pretty well, far from awful that's for sure! 

Like I say, he was highly rated by the Gazette so must have been me. I just didn’t have confidence in him in that role, he seemed to give the ball away quite a bit 

Watching those highlights back, Lumley 100% punched the ball away and it wasn't a penalty for them.

Correct decision from the referee, and we've gotten away with nothing.

I still think Lumley should have done better with it though, he hesitated when he should have sprinted out to collect it.

To be fair the first half was dire really. A team lacking in any sort of confidence, second half they came out and played much better. Payero shown his desire to get on the ball, but often was coming to the ball rather than making space for himself, that is my only criticism of him because his passing accuracy and technical ability was second to none today I think.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremost how good Coburn was as a young lad coming on for those final few minutes and he deserved his goal. Great stuff.

But the relief for Payero. Oh my word. Fans and players alike just wanted to hug the lad. Everyone running in to celebrate with him. I've watched him a lot this season so far and I don't just mean on the pitch. Watched his body language as a young lad coming in from a country on the other side of the world. These last few weeks he's been emotionally void, clearly depressed at how it's going so far and the same thing can be said of him first half today. Little bit lost, not quite up for it.

Second half has been better. Not the peak of what we can expect from him I hope by any means but more involved, more capable, more willing, more collaborative. Just more everything.

And let's not treat this result or goal as anything special in terms of what it means to our season. There is still plenty to say about our performance against this Peterborough side that shows we still aren't playing to the best of the squad's ability.

But sometimes football is special even in moments you don't expect. And that's how I felt watching Payero setting up that goal and watching the fans and players run to him. To congratulate, to celebrate with, to love this young man who needs it from closer to his new home and needs it now more than ever. I genuinely nearly cried watching. Let's hope this is only the beginning.

Why would anybody notice you coming down the stairs? 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
21 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Watching those highlights back, Lumley 100% punched the ball away and it wasn't a penalty for them.

Correct decision from the referee, and we've gotten away with nothing.

I still think Lumley should have done better with it though, he hesitated when he should have sprinted out to collect it.

He gets nothing on it whatsoever but it'd be very hard for the officials to spot in real time.

1 minute ago, MMC said:

He gets nothing on it whatsoever but it'd be very hard for the officials to spot in real time.

Have to agree. He didn’t get anything on it. We got away with one there

6 minutes ago, MMC said:

He gets loads on it?

The second angle clearly shows him hitting the ball away.

Dembele had also spent the whole match diving, so I'm not surprised the ref wasn't fooled, though I'd say he was their best player on the day.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He gets loads on it?

The second angle clearly shows him hitting the ball away.

No the second angle just blocks you from seeing the player's touch.