oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremos

New from JML this Christmas - Neil Warnock Boro Bingo!  Love Bingo? Love watching your football team completely fail to deliver when it matters? Love listening to the post-match interview with th

This was the moment, some of it fortunately captured:  

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He gets loads on it?

The second angle clearly shows him hitting the ball away.

Dembele had also spent the whole match diving, so I'm not surprised the ref wasn't fooled, though I'd say he was their best player on the day.

Not sure it does mate.  His hands are still in the air and away from the ball when Dembele touches it.  If you pause it and go frame by frame you can see it.  I don't think a ref could be expected to spot it though.

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Not sure it does mate.  His hands are still in the air and away from the ball when Dembele touches it.  If you pause it and go frame by frame you can see it.  I don't think a ref could be expected to spot it though.

Possibly, you may be right, but I'd also say the referee's angle is that 2nd one in reverse, so he's even less likely to see it in real time.

There's a tiny gap in the frame by frame where Dembele might have got to the ball first, that gap is disguised from the other side.

Edited by TeaCider24
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Possibly, you may be right, but I'd also the referee's angle is that 2nd one in reverse, so he's even less likely to see it in real time.

There's a tiny gap in frame by frame where he might have got to the ball first, that gap is disguised from the other side.

I don't think there's any chance of a ref spotting it with any accuracy.  In fact I think he gives the corner because he doesn't know what has happened for certain, so the corner is like a compromise of sorts.  I wouldn't call it one we've gotten away with though, usually those are more obvious.

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

Why would anybody notice you coming down the stairs? 😛

The Boro Mankini, Stilleto Wellies, Cowboy Hat and Glow Sticks may have caught someone's attention and momentarily distracted their view of Coburn's goal.

Having said that I'm left wondering just who cleaned the stairs up! 🤠😬

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I don’t think the Peterbrough players helped themselves by hitting the deck every five minutes. 

that said I thought it was a penalty but can understand why it wasn’t given.

Lady Luck shone on us in both penalty areas. Some refs give them and some don't.

11 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I love a parmo, but they always look rancid in every photo anyone uploads of them.

There'd be no problem if everyone made the correct decision and went for hotshot.

That looks pretty nice actually. 

Though the last time I ate at Central Park it gave me the s**ts.

Edited by Denzel Zanzibar

Sorry but please can someone give me a rundown on yesterday's performance ready for my show on Monday night.

Didn't manage to listen or watch any of the game (1st time in about 5years!).... Chose the option to drink in the pub with friends and gave away my ticket for free as I was still angry after Hull away and Warnock still in charge?

Surely one performance doesn't change fans stance on Warnock does it despite injury list?

How did Payero play? Sporar and Uche link up?

Going to watch the 90minutes at some point tomorrow but was just wanting a general view from the good posters on here seen it.

Another poor and disjointed performance, I'd say.

Couldn't make simple passes, wasted every set piece and throw-in, and let a nailed on relegation side pass the ball around for most of the match.

It was a penalty, so I won't say it was lucky, but I'm not sure we'd have scored from open play yesterday before that was given.

Bamba was excellent, Payero looked decent in the second half and the assist will do his confidence a world of good, Sporar and Ikpeazu were both well off it yesterday.

The win doesn't really change my opinion, we're not playing well and the buck stops with one man, though another 2 wins in a row might sway me a bit.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Downsouth said:

For your enjoyment, yes indeed for our enjoyment as we needed that.

A win is a win and Posh are a Championship club.

Yep should have been a penna for Posh and sorry for the canned crowd noise!

Just for you @diggerlad07

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

The Boro Mankini, Stilleto Wellies, Cowboy Hat and Glow Sticks may have caught someone's attention and momentarily distracted their view of Coburn's goal.

Having said that I'm left wondering just who cleaned the stairs up! 🤠😬

high heel flippers.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1