oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremos

New from JML this Christmas - Neil Warnock Boro Bingo!  Love Bingo? Love watching your football team completely fail to deliver when it matters? Love listening to the post-match interview with th

This was the moment, some of it fortunately captured:  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Oh and Lumley was very lucky. That was a stonewall penalty. So Warnock best not talk about luck being against us as we got very lucky yesterday with that one.

I don't think he touched the striker. 

Looked like dembele planted his foot in front of Lumley and went over without contact

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I genuinely would not be surprised if Payero was back on the bench, though I hope he stays in the side.

Peltier will be back in defence and Howson will be moved back in that defensive midfielder role.

Somebody is getting dropped.

Howson doesn't want to be anywhere near that midfield. His passing was atrocious again yesterday gave it away pretty much every time. Even simple passes are either hospital balls or astray.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Howson doesn't want to be anywhere near that midfield. His passing was atrocious again yesterday gave it away pretty much every time. Even simple passes are either hospital balls or astray.

I'd not want him starting in the midfield right now either, but Warnock loves him, so I'm expecting it.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Looked like dembele planted his foot in front of Lumley and went over without contact

That's exactly what happened. Wasn't the first time Dembele took a dive yesterday afternoon either.

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I genuinely would not be surprised if Payero was back on the bench, though I hope he stays in the side.

Peltier will be back in defence and Howson will be moved back in that defensive midfielder role.

Somebody is getting dropped.

That’s exactly what I’m so worried about happening. Peltier will be back, Howson into MF so the obvious one (for Warnock) to drop will be Payero. The only thing he might be worried about is completely alienating the fan base. He cares. He wants to be liked. And he knows most people have been clamouring for Payero to get a chance. To drop him after that second half performance and (more importantly) the reaction of the fans will create a stir he might well want to avoid. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

That’s exactly what I’m so worried about happening. Peltier will be back, Howson into MF so the obvious one (for Warnock) to drop will be Payero. The only thing he might be worried about is completely alienating the fan base. He cares. He wants to be liked. And he knows most people have been clamouring for Payero to get a chance. To drop him after that second half performance and (more importantly) the reaction of the fans will create a stir he might well want to avoid. 

Based on the two performances Howson looked off the pace and struggled at times. Payero came into his own in the second half and grew into the game and must be brimming with confidence after all the praise he has received. I know which one I would be starting and in fairness maybe at his age Howson needs a breather.

My hope is, that with Pelts returning, we will play a flat back four.

Howson, Bamba, McNair, Peltier 

Then a midfield 3 

Tav, Crooks, Payero 

And a front 3

Jones, Sporar, Hernandez  

I fear Payero will be dropped and Howson takes his spot ... Sadly 

1 hour ago, Mr_Maz said:

He definitely looks like he catches the striker. I don't see how Lumley can slide out there with the striker leaving his leg to be caught and for him not to be caught.

People can argue about the dodgy nature of winning those kind of penalties, where the attacking player plays the ball to allow the challenge to come in and win the penalty... but fact is that those scenarios are penalties. I'd 100% be asking for that if I was a Peterborough fan.

We had plenty of our own incidents where we weren't given them though and I actually think the ref has given Lumley the benefit of the doubt because of Dembele's antics throughout the game. It wasn't the only time he went to ground asking for something and I don't think any of the other occasions were anything as clear cut as this.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Just shows what we can achieve when the players actually think about what they're doing and have the awareness / ability to read each other.

Hope we get to see more of this in future...instead of the usual "hit and hope" style we've become accustomed to.

I think you are highlighting EVERYTHING that is wrong with NW philosophy. Assembling and directing a team is different to developing a team and progressing a team to function and communicate efficiently. NW attempts to direct a team limited to plan ‘A’ and dispensing with developing function and communication, this results in reputation, no willing leader and staying with the plan even if it’s not working. It eliminates creativity imbedding a robotic mind set. 
I think this is supported in NW appraisals were he favours some over others regardless of contribution. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

He definitely looks like he catches the striker. I don't see how Lumley can slide out there with the striker leaving his leg to be caught and for him not to be caught.

People can argue about the dodgy nature of winning those kind of penalties, where the attacking player plays the ball to allow the challenge to come in and win the penalty... but fact is that those scenarios are penalties. I'd 100% be asking for that if I was a Peterborough fan.

We had plenty of our own incidents where we weren't given them though and I actually think the ref has given Lumley the benefit of the doubt because of Dembele's antics throughout the game. It wasn't the only time he went to ground asking for something and I don't think any of the other occasions were anything as clear cut as this.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Watched a few replays and paused on when he planted his foot and started falling over, couldn't see any contact. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
9 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Sorry but please can someone give me a rundown on yesterday's performance ready for my show on Monday night.

Didn't manage to listen or watch any of the game (1st time in about 5years!).... Chose the option to drink in the pub with friends and gave away my ticket for free as I was still angry after Hull away and Warnock still in charge?

Surely one performance doesn't change fans stance on Warnock does it despite injury list?

How did Payero play? Sporar and Uche link up?

Going to watch the 90minutes at some point tomorrow but was just wanting a general view from the good posters on here seen it.

It was essentially the same game you'll have seen over and over again from us.  We just happened to be playing against a team we are obviously better than.  Peterborough are a League One side, you can see why they'll pick up a few points at home because they have a go, but they lack quality.  I'd be amazed if they aren't relegated this season.

From us, the stats will show that we had a lot of shots so you'd be forgiven for thinking we actually played well, but we created naff all again, and I bet half the shots were from distance.  If we hadn't got the penalty we'd never have scored, which shows how laughable the idea is that our only issue is that we don't take our chances.

Sporar and Ikpeazu didn't really link up much at all but I wouldn't have expected them to really in one game when our attacking play is not the best anyway.  Payero was completely lost in the first half, honestly I felt sorry for him in a way because he looked completely out of place, although I don't absolve him of some blame for that as you have to get yourself involved. Second half he was more involved but he looks like a fish out of water still to me.  He's obviously got some talent, some of his touches were nice, the assist for the goal wasn't great play, it was simply heads up sensible play, but we lack that sometimes so it made a change for us.  We've clearly completely screwed up his introduction to the club but let's hope we can salvage the situation in the coming weeks and months.

Gibson got the result he wanted to avoid making a decision he didn't want to make.  Whether anything has actually changed or not 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

The obvious player to drop is Uche if Warnock wants to make way for a defender and push howson into midfield. Crooks-Payero-Howson in midfield. Hernandez and Tav either side of Sporar. 

uche looked low on confidence but not surprising when he was playing well and dropped and then told hes to lazy. he does look to casual like. needs to up his intensity in what he does, just jogging about after the ball to close down defenders and keeper looks stupid