oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I can't work it out because even including Fry & Hall I can only think of 5 that we knew were injured going into the IB,

Fry, Hall, Payero, Hernandez & Dijksteel.

The Gazette say we definitely have 7 out and it doesn't include Fry & Hall, suggesting there are injuries we haven't been made aware of yet.

The Gazette (the clubs mouthpiece) have reported that we will have 15 senior players this weekend, 3 of whom are goalkeepers. So they're definitely playing it up. They clearly are not including the young players on the fringe of the squad like you are.

Brown and ameobi?

• Like 1
  • Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremos

New from JML this Christmas - Neil Warnock Boro Bingo!  Love Bingo? Love watching your football team completely fail to deliver when it matters? Love listening to the post-match interview with th

This was the moment, some of it fortunately captured:  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I can't work it out because even including Fry & Hall I can only think of 5 that we knew were injured going into the IB,

Fry, Hall, Payero, Hernandez & Dijksteel.

Don't forget the long, long-term absentees, Fisher, Browne and Ameobi. And Bola had a knock in the last game, didn't he?

Is incredible thinking we're going to play up the numbers to include some players who we literally brought in cover for and this is probably the most they've been mentioned (barring Browne because of the positive story about his recovery) in any significant format, not to mention Jones who came into the team as a result of Ameobi's knock and has taken the chance with both hands.

• Like 1
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Don't forget the long, long-term absentees, Fisher, Browne and Ameobi. And Bola had a knock in the last game, didn't he?

Are they just adding on injuries that we previously knew about at the beginning of the season to create this excuse factory again?

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Oh yeah I'd forgotten to include them, you're right, that pretty much adds up then, but it makes it sound way worse when you include them, which I imagine is his intention.

• Like 2
Just now, nunthorpered said:

Are they just adding on injuries that we previously knew about at the beginning of the season to create this excuse factory again?

Absolutely. Make it sound worse than it actually is. Peltier literally came in for Fisher so that's a nonsense one. Jones has come in because Ameobi is injured and it'd be on them if they were counting on Browne's recovery for us to have a stronger squad.

If Fry and Hall are okay then there's really not that much to complain about.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Even with the injures, this is a game we should be winning.

They can try to trot out whatever excuses they want, Warnock should be sacked if we don't get 4-6 points from the next two games.

Indeed, I was convinced this is a game we should be winning even if we had Howson, McNair and Bamba as a back 3. Having Fry and Hall available is clearly a huge positive. Going back to the Sheffield United game, we played a 3-4-1-2. With Peltier out and if Bola is still injured, that would mean we are in a position where only 2 of the players from that game's first team are out. Hall in for Peltier, Jones in for Bola. Sorted.

Looking at the first team

1st team outfield players presumably available assuming no further injuries.; (Brackets for maybe)

Bamba, McNair, Bola (Hall, Fry)

Howson, Lea Siliki, Crooks, Tav, Jones, Olusanya

Ikpeazu, Watmore, Sporar

Additional U23s who have appeared for the 1st team: Coburn, Malley, Sivi(?), Hackney

So it's a problem in defence but not exactly a crisis and it is exactly the kind of thing you expect to happen at some point each season. If Fry is fit then we have something that is pretty close to our normal 1st team with a couple of U23s to sit on the bench. Of course the U23s are meant to do that.

• Like 1

New from JML this Christmas - Neil Warnock Boro Bingo! 

Love Bingo? Love watching your football team completely fail to deliver when it matters? Love listening to the post-match interview with the gaffer, where no probing questions are asked and the answers could have been chosen out of a tombola? Well, now you can recreate those thrilling BBC Tees post-match interviews yourself, with Neil Warnock Boro Bingo!

Simply choose your disappointing Boro result (bonus points if the team loses by more than two goals), and then select from one of 50 ready-made excuses!

Including:

"We played really well, but we just didn't take our chances"
"The ref had a shocker, like. I've been to see him and he's held his hands up"
"Brexit means Brexit"
"It's all Britt's fault" [in the Deluxe edition, the Tees interviewer will murmur in disagreement but won't actually point out Britt is no longer here]
"We've got so many injuries I had to put the tea lady on the bench to keep Payero company"
"It's a sickener, but we'll go again next time out"

...and many more!*

Neil Warnock Boro Bingo. It's just like being in the tunnel. And with even less light at the end of it.

* Global supply issues may affect delivery, so order now to guarantee disappointment.

Edited by RiseAgainst
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

I think the 7 EG were referring to that did not include Fry and Hall were as follows: 

1. Dijksteel

2. Fisher

3. Peltier

4. Sammy

5. Browne

6. Onel

7. Payero

6 of above were not involved v Hull and Peltier now suspended to make it 7.

Albeit Onel and Payero should return this weekend.

If neither of Hall and Fry don't make it I suspect we will see a back 3 of Paddy Bamba and Bola with Jones and Tav as wing backs. 

2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I think the 7 EG were referring to that did not include Fry and Hall were as follows: 

1. Dijksteel

2. Fisher

3. Peltier

4. Sammy

5. Browne

6. Onel

7. Payero

6 of above were not involved v Hull and Peltier now suspended to make it 7.

Albeit Onel and Payero should return this weekend.

If neither of Hall and Fry don't make it I suspect we will see a back 3 of Paddy Bamba and Bola with Jones and Tav as wing backs. 

I don't understand why we would ever play that back 5 with 3 players out of position when you could play a back 4 with one player out of position. If we play that defence I'll be absolutely appalled. Then again it is warnock so I'll brace myself.

32 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I don't understand why we would ever play that back 5 with 3 players out of position when you could play a back 4 with one player out of position. If we play that defence I'll be absolutely appalled. Then again it is warnock so I'll brace myself.

I assume the back 3 would assist given our RB on the day will be a midfielder (Tav, Jones or Howson). The extra defender will cover the RB as no doubt the opposition will rightly target our RB knowing he a midfielder thinking they will get joy down that side.

For what its worth I would be playing a back 3 this weekend given our 3 RBs are all out.

The formation we play is not the issue. Its the tactics we employ in that formation that could be. A back 3 does not instantly mean negativity.

A 4.4.2 under Pulis will be a lot more defensive than a 3.5.2 that say someone like a wilder employed at Sheff Utd.

So we have no first team full backs available, but we must presumably have at least two under contract and playing for the U23s. Are we saying that they are not good enough, the manager doesn’t trust them or what. How does a young player break into the first team if they are never given a chance to prove themselves 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)