oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if anyone else was close by or saw that but I was coming down the stairs in the North for the build up to that second goal. Payero sets up Coburn and we should be saying first and foremos

New from JML this Christmas - Neil Warnock Boro Bingo!  Love Bingo? Love watching your football team completely fail to deliver when it matters? Love listening to the post-match interview with th

This was the moment, some of it fortunately captured:  

Posted Images

I think if we were in the middle of April rather than October we would just be counting the weeks down until the end of the season and a fresh start in the summer. I'm guessing that is the hope of Gibson and Scott. Having to "act" now is not part of the plan and like as not who or what they want isn't ready/available plus they will probably fear the Club isn't prepared. 

Problem now is that it becomes difficult if the incumbent Manager loses the fanbase and with it survival in the Championship. Any action taken now will not have been planned or prepared for although I suspect that they may have been at least thinking of a contingency plan over the International Break just in case. Which is best? Warnock goes now and we start a new era half cocked (Typical Boro) or we grind it through to the end of this season with the players and fans becoming increasingly demoralised and toxic? 

It's one of those damned if we do and damned if we don't. The best outcome as unpalatable as it feels for most of us would be for Warnock to splutter to safety and then retires while the Gibson/Scott masterplan is developed and then unveiled in a timely fashion. Should he go now I can see Woodgate being handed the reins for the remainder of the season and then heaven forbid then what, another bodged fudge. Perhaps the best outcome for all parties however unpalatable is for Warnock to start Managing, stop scapegoating and start getting some wins and points on the board.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think if we were in the middle of April rather than October we would just be counting the weeks down until the end of the season and a fresh start in the summer. I'm guessing that is the hope of Gibson and Scott. Having to "act" now is not part of the plan and like as not who or what they want isn't ready/available plus they will probably fear the Club isn't prepared. 

Problem now is that it becomes difficult if the incumbent Manager loses the fanbase and with it survival in the Championship. Any action taken now will not have been planned or prepared for although I suspect that they may have been at least thinking of a contingency plan over the International Break just in case. Which is best? Warnock goes now and we start a new era half cocked (Typical Boro) or we grind it through to the end of this season with the players and fans becoming increasingly demoralised and toxic? 

It's one of those damned if we do and damned if we don't. The best outcome as unpalatable as it feels for most of us would be for Warnock to splutter to safety and then retires while the Gibson/Scott masterplan is developed and then unveiled in a timely fashion. Should he go now I can see Woodgate being handed the reins for the remainder of the season and then heaven forbid then what, another bodged fudge. Perhaps the best outcome for all parties however unpalatable is for Warnock to start Managing, stop scapegoating and start getting some wins and points on the board.

I think a lot depends on how he treats the likes of siliki and payero. If he continues not to play them then I can’t see Gibson and Scott being too happy. Probably would push them to make a change sooner than they may want to. Warnock is seemingly very averse to giving young players ago which I can’t imagine the club are too happy with either. Only having 6 subs is just bizarre to me. Surely he can give one of the young lads a chance of the match day experience.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I think a lot depends on how he treats the likes of siliki and payero. If he continues not to play them then I can’t see Gibson and Scott being too happy. Probably would push them to make a change sooner than they may want to. Warnock is seemingly very averse to giving young players ago which I can’t imagine the club are too happy with either. Only having 6 subs is just bizarre to me. Surely he can give one of the young lads a chance of the match day experience.

I think the 6 subs has to do with if he brings one of the young players through and names him in the match day squad he then automatically becomes one of the squad and thereby takes up a place in the permitted squad numbers that they then can't fill by bringing in a loan player.

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I’ve felt like this for the past couple games now. Not going to change until everyone associated with this *** negative regime leaves the club. Our manager only ever sees the negatives, from his presser, to his lineup, to the way we approach the match tactically. How can fans expect to be positive when the focal point of the club is nothing but the opposite. All he does is feel sorry for himself and play the victim.

Yep, Warnock is a huge reason behind my apathy. That’s mainly rooted in the context of who we signed over summer and Kieran Scott’s appointment, which all serves to give the impression it is absolutely pointless Neil still being here given how bad we’ve been in 2021.

On a personal level, it’s not helped by the fact that I’ve not been able to get to many games. I’ve not managed to get to one home game and only been to three away games. For me, not being at the games regularly adds a further level of detachment. 

15 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

In a strange way I think the injuries help Warnock. It would be a hell of an ask to bring someone in and say there you go here’s 15 for players and no budget.

I see what you're getting at, but OTOH they're really just masking problems that have been evident all season. Its not like we were playing well before the current injury crisis.

While we're at it - how the hell are we less than 2 months into the season, just 11 league games played and already struggling to name a starting 11 plus subs bench?

It boggles the mind.

I certainly wouldn't want to throw a new manager into this situation, but if results don't start to pick up PDQ, we may not have much choice.

To my mind, Warnock has another 8 games max to show he can at least guide us to mid-table. If not, he's got to go. By then I think I'd rather have Percovich, or even Agnew as caretaker for the rest of the season. 

Anything but the same old Warnock picks, tactics and excuses.

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Peterborough 2-0 (McNair (pen) Coburn)