oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Barnsley 2-0 (Sporar, Crooks)

image.png.267a12e662ecb6daa0efc3b0cbec7ae8.png

The current standings:

After just about managing to win against Peterborough, Boro find themselves three places higher in 12th position. Our opponents meanwhile are currently sat in the bottom 3 at a miserable 22nd. They’re somehow below Hull which shows how poor they’ve been this season, which is quite a fall off from last season where they managed to reach the playoffs.

image.png.36ab6183775a107c9fb1ba7c267f6bc9.png

View from the opponents:

Barnsley fans seem to be having a pretty miserable time at the moment, not only are they currently in the relegation zone but they’ve also had to close one of their stands at Oakwell due to ‘safety concerns’ (https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2021/october/weststandclosure/)

Reading their fan forum and not many are predicting a win on Wednesday. I thought we were a negative bunch, but I could sense the pessimism lingering on that board. Some of them seem to believe we’re actually capable of scoring more than 3 goals! Here's some of their predictions for the game:

“2-0 Boro.. we huff and puff but get no where. Boro are 5hite,but two bits of 5hiteness defending from us and bingo.”

“2-0 boro. One conceded from a basic long diagonal ball, another conceded after losing possession in midfield. Club respond by giving Schopp a 10 year contract.”

“I’ve just watched the long highlights reel and although just snippets, we had some good chances and we played some nice football, probably should have had a penalty and hit the post as well as some good saves from their keeper. But ultimately, again undone by a long ball with a defence playing far too high a line and a forward showing composure. I was hoping we might get 3 points from Reading, then consolidate that with a point at the Riverside. I fancy Boro to win though, 1-0. We either need some inspired brilliance or a bit of luck, or both! It never rains but it pours.”

“1-1 - feeling super optimistic today, we will score a goal on Wednesday I can feel it!!”

“Boro 1 reds 2. Boro 5 or 6 injures and a suspension. Think we win this”

“I'm going for a hopelessly optimistic draw. I'm even daft enough to think we'll score. 1-1”
“I live in hope,but if Boro go 1 - 0 up they will win.It`s as simple as that.”

“We have to win at some point, so Boro 1 Reds 2. Don’t put your mortgage on it though”

“I'm a glass half full person but I anticipate the first real tonking of the season. Boro 6 Reds 0” (this guy hasn’t watched us this season)"

“1-1. Deserved at least a point down at Reading, so more optimistic of getting something out of this. Hope it's open game and we don't resort to rapid triangle passes in a crowded penalty box, as so often happens.

“5-0 Boro.”

“3-1 Boro and Herr Clueless conference with the charisma of a dead squirrel ( same as he’s shown all along), blames closure of West stand or Palmer not being able to last 50 mins while makeshift striker Jack Walton lasts 90”

"3-0 to Boro. We don't play well in consecutive games and apparently we were decent at Reading..."

Questions:

1. Will Warnock keep the same team as Saturday?
2. Does Josh Coburn deserve a start?
3. Are you feeling any more positive about the season after the win against Peterborough?
4. Howson or Crooks as a 6?
5. Starting 11?
6. What's the best brand of crisps?
7. Should Payero be starting most games after a good showing against Peterborough?

Hopefully we'll be seeing more of this:
image.png.19fb840bd8c42978a673272619cb5d94.png
(Sorry didn't have much time for this one, so just wanted to get something up)

• Like 3
  • Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The issue that Tav has is everything he tries is ambitious and pretty high variance, so he's going to look like a genius at times and a greedy so and so at others.  But the thing that's great abo

Crooks looked great in that deeper midfield role. His footwork and intelligence with the ball is really under rated. I was disappointed with Tav again. It looks more and more like he's playing for him

Regardless of Warnock, our style of play and our hopes for the season I have to say after the past few games I am delighted we picked up Bamba. Not only a dressing room influence, but a reliable leade

Posted Images

A team that gets undone by long balls? Finally, a team our tactics might actually work against!

I think you can argue that he should, but I doubt he does. For me the most logical change is to drop Uche, and jiggle things around to have Howson back in midfield & Peltier back in the team. I'm willing to bet he drops Payero just to be *** spiteful though.

Not quite yet; still really like Sporar & Duncan up there, but think Josh will be starting before the end of the year, really high on him right now.

3. Are you feeling any more positive about the season after the win against Peterborough?

No.

An actual CDM would be nice but I'd pick Crooks and fire Howson into the sun (or have him move into a more mentoring coaching role, just not on the pitch)

5. What team should we play?

Lumley
Tav - Peltier - Bamba - McNair - Hernandez/Jones
Howson - Crooks
Payero
Watmore - Sporar

I know it's probs a bit of a cop out but I'm a classic walkers man.
Although a nice bag of kettle chips never go amiss.

7. Should Payero be starting most games after a good showing against Peterborough?

He should be, but I'm pretty sure NW will drop him as soon as he can. Even post game he gave all the credit for the 2nd goal to Josh by claiming "Josh made Martin pass it to him". Guy has an agenda against Payero I'm convinced at this point.

• Like 1

Questions:

1. Will Warnock keep the same team as Saturday? Pelts for Payero and Howson moves to midfield .  

No

3. Are you feeling any more positive about the season after the win against Peterborough? No

Crooks

5. What team should we play?

Barnsley

Anything but Lay's

Yes

• Haha 1

I'm thinking similar line up as in Saturday.

Lumley

Howson, Bamba, McNair

Jones                   Crooks                  Hernandez

Payero               Tavernier

Watmore Sporar 

Not a chance, Peltier will be back in, Ikpeazu will be dropped. Wouldn't surprise me it Payeto was.

Not yet, but he certainly deserves more opportunities off the bench

Not in the slightest, when we win more than 1 in a row then I might start feeling more encouraged.

If Peltier is coming back in, I'd sooner Crooks was further forward as he's a goal threat.

5. What team should we play?

Barnsley.

Roysters T-Bone steak.

7. Should Payero be starting most games after a good showing against Peterborough?

Too early to tell, he should definitely be starting tomorrow though and see how he gets on.

I'm not sure he will though.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

Lums

Howson, Bamba, McNair, Peltier 

Tav, Crooks, Payero

Jones, Sporar, Hernandez 

Thats what I'd go for, won't happen though unfortunately.

Looking at those attacking names it's ridiculous that Warnock can't get a tune out of them. Removing the parachute clubs there isn't a team in this league that wouldn't snap your arm off for that front 5.

Even Stevens between the teams over the last two seasons with two wins a piece.

Lot of pressure on NW and the team as we simply have to record our first consecutive win on the spin, which in itself is a awful inditement as to our season..................so far!

"Must win" for me as we need as fans to have some growing positivity about the team.

Lose or draw then it will be a question of one step forward and two steps back

Well done @Weasel good opening first post

• Like 1

Depends on injuries, really. They say you should never change a winning team, but we were pretty abject by all accounts until the final ten minutes, so would it really matter if we did? Probably not.

Probably a bit early to start him, but I'd certainly be introducing him around the hour mark as defenders begin to tire. He's not far away from being a starter.

Nope. Two more wins on the bounce, some habitual demons slayed, and I might start looking towards the top of the table. For now, I'm quite happy ignoring matches and checking in here after FT to see the result.

Ideally neither, but if you put a gun to my head, Crooks.

5. Starting 11?

I think Lumley's nailed down in goal (sometimes literally), but I couldn't call the rest of the team. Too many injuries, too many random out-of-position decisions by a manager out of his depth. If you gave an infinite number of monkeys an infinite number of teamsheets, it would have taken a long time for one to produce Saturday's starting XI and formation.

I've eaten many a crisp in many a country, but nothing is as moreish as ready salted Pringles.

He should be the first name on the teamsheet. But he won't be.

9 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Even Stevens between the teams over the last two seasons with two wins a piece.

Lot of pressure on NW and the team as we simply have to record our first consecutive win on the spin, which in itself is a awful inditement as to our season..................so far!

"Must win" for me as we need as fans to have some growing positivity about the team.

Lose or draw then it will be a question of one step forward and two steps back

Well done @Weasel good opening first post

Get on Ferret good opener

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Depends on injuries, really. They say you should never change a winning team, but we were pretty abject by all accounts until the final ten minutes, so would it really matter if we did? Probably not.

Probably a bit early to start him, but I'd certainly be introducing him around the hour mark as defenders begin to tire. He's not far away from being a starter.

Nope. Two more wins on the bounce, some habitual demons slayed, and I might start looking towards the top of the table. For now, I'm quite happy ignoring matches and checking in here after FT to see the result.

Ideally neither, but if you put a gun to my head, Crooks.

5. Starting 11?

I think Lumley's nailed down in goal (sometimes literally), but I couldn't call the rest of the team. Too many injuries, too many random out-of-position decisions by a manager out of his depth. If you gave an infinite number of monkeys an infinite number of teamsheets, it would have taken a long time for one to produce Saturday's starting XI and formation.

I've eaten many a crisp in many a country, but nothing is as moreish as ready salted Pringles.

He should be the first name on the teamsheet. But he won't be.

Any one arriving at speed in the opposition box at 6'3" is going to cause problems for them, so for me I'd start Josh Coburn

• Like 1

What Warnock should do is obvious. What Warnock will do is anyone's guess.

2. Does Josh Coburn deserve a start?

No. One goal isn't going to convince anyone he should be an instant starter. Sporar/Watmore for me. Definitely bring him on around the 60 min mark, though.

3. Are you feeling any more positive about the season after the win against Peterborough?

No, because it was a lucky win against a terrible team.

Howson for me, Crooks should be up alongside Payero. Put Payero in the number 10 position and let him play.

5. Starting 11?

Lumley

Bamba, McNair, Peltier

Tavernier                               Jones

Howson

Crooks    Payero

Watmore     Sporar

Seabrook

7. Should Payero be starting most games after a good showing against Peterborough?

Of course he should. If only Leo were manager, he'd be the first name on the teamsheet...

• Like 1

Lumley

Peltier Bamba McNair

Howson                                          Tavernier

Crooks Payero

Hernandez                  Watmore 

Sporar

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Barnsley 2-0 (Sporar, Crooks)