oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Barnsley 2-0 (Sporar, Crooks)

Decent performance and good win, and let's get another at Cardiff. Crooks Motm for me too. Did his job very well. Payero starting to ascert himself and good to see him and Crooks getting on well in midfield together. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The issue that Tav has is everything he tries is ambitious and pretty high variance, so he's going to look like a genius at times and a greedy so and so at others.  But the thing that's great abo

Crooks looked great in that deeper midfield role. His footwork and intelligence with the ball is really under rated. I was disappointed with Tav again. It looks more and more like he's playing for him

Regardless of Warnock, our style of play and our hopes for the season I have to say after the past few games I am delighted we picked up Bamba. Not only a dressing room influence, but a reliable leade

Posted Images

Another deserved win from a game where we didn't have to do much to win and in fact can give away incredible chances and have us miss some incredible chances of our own.

Well, at least we are picking the points up. Can't argue with that. Think these 6 points were necessary and were he in any trouble at all, Warnock's job is now safe for a good while yet. In the context of his job, Cardiff is probably a bit of a free hit though the shape they're in we should really be winning that one too.

I'm just glad Payero didn't score his first goal at the Riverside the one night I couldn't make it. 😅

Just now, Johnmfc81 said:

Decent performance and good win, and let's get another at Cardiff. Crooks Motm for me too. Did his job very well. Payero starting to ascert himself and good to see him and Crooks getting on well in midfield together. 

commentator said payero has his girlfriend and dog over here with him now. must of been why he want back home.

2 wins in a row, say 2 wins in a row! 

Entertaining game and a good result. 

Some incredible chances missed by both teams. It should have been about 4-3. Watmore kicking it over the bar from that close. Dear me!

Bambas last ditch tackle though. Wow. Give him a 5 year deal! 😄

I remain a 'glass half full' kinda guy.2 wins on the spin,2 clean sheets on the spin, miles clear now of the bottom 3, Within touching distance of the play offs, Winning games we usually struggle in.All with a shed load of injuries. Live for the moment and enjoy the wins😎

• Like 1

Happy with that match.

Fully deserved to win, should have scored more. I'd have been distraught if we hadn't won after Watmore's miss.

Bamba good again, bar that one cock up where Barnsley should have scored.

I thought most of the team played well, even with the mistakes, I expect it will be an unpopular opinion but I thought Peltier did well tonight.

A stupid, stupid booking to pick up though.

• Like 3

Decent performance we should of won like 10 nil the chances we have had. We are still shakey at the back and we waste so much in attack. But we are progressing and regaining confidence. Am so happy for payero to again show his skill and his free kick for the goal class. Onwards and upwards beat Cardiff 2 nil we are 5th before the 3pm games 😂. Time to click into gear 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

We switched off with 25 mins to go which is totally baffling me no end. I think decision making, the second ball and finishing cost us a sack full of goals today. 
Credit to NW he did his job quite well changing the set up, nothing more he could do, that was down to the players. Some great moves, energy, belief but a lack of communication was telling. 
I’ll take any win 

Except he changed the set up back to what wasn't working early on and surprise surprise, Barnsley immediately got back in the game. I don't really understand why he did that.

25 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Happy for the club. Still want Warnock out. 

Let's see what we play like against a team that has a striker and better players to test this defence. We've beaten two poor teams in the bottom three. 

Cardiff are no better, 7 defeats in a row and play even worse football than we do.

22 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

On another day we could have won 4-0, but we didn’t. 3 points and a clean sheet either way. 3 points off play offs and teams that people have been saying have had great seasons so far. Not all doom and gloom.

We also could have conceded within about 5 minutes, they had two glorious chances. We are still shooting ourselves in the foot defensively far too often. Howson gets beat and they flash one across goal, then Bamba slips on his backpass and they hit the post, then in the second half Lumley spills a long range effort and is lucky to save the rebound with his face.

We really need to improve and stop doing *** like that!

Look we have just played 2 very poor sides championship sides and beaten them both with clean sheets. This is good on the clean sheet side considering how many injuries at the back we currently have although tonight that was more due to Barnsley inept striking.

We needed this I think to give us a boost and to make the players begin to believe again, point is we have got to use this now to kick on. There are far worse sides than us in this league and better ones, I think we are just somewhere in the middle and that's the reality. 

Crisis, what crisis 😂.

2 home wins on a bounce regardless of who we were against.
Performances not essential at the moment, it's just about winning matches and trying to gather some momentum and confidence.

Still a lot of cracks out there and had Barnsley took their easy chances at 0-0 the game would of been completely different.

Let's see if we can top off a good week by getting a good result in sheep shagger land on Saturday.

UTB!

• Like 3