• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The issue that Tav has is everything he tries is ambitious and pretty high variance, so he's going to look like a genius at times and a greedy so and so at others.  But the thing that's great abo

Crooks looked great in that deeper midfield role. His footwork and intelligence with the ball is really under rated. I was disappointed with Tav again. It looks more and more like he's playing for him

Regardless of Warnock, our style of play and our hopes for the season I have to say after the past few games I am delighted we picked up Bamba. Not only a dressing room influence, but a reliable leade

Posted Images

Bamba is adamant he got the final touch on the goal.

I'll have to watch it back, not sure who I'd prefer to score it.

Looks like Crooks to me, unless Bamba got the faintest of grazes on the ball.

Edited by TeaCider24

Happy again with a win and we look better when we play it on the floor. 

I’m happy that Payero is starting to get into games a bit more. I’m not getting carried away as we have played two terrible teams but I’ll take that as progress moving forward. 

• Like 2

Warnock confirms he does not expect any of injured players back for Cardiff. Said there was a chance with Dijksteel but doubts it. Hopefully we get the win v Cardiff and then got a week to get 1 or 2 back.

My preference would be to move Peltier to a back 3 v Cardiff to help deal with Cardiff only real threat which is set pieces. Howson and Onel as wing backs. Give Tav free role behind Watmore and Sporar. Similar approach to tonight and keep the ball on ground as Cardiff will deal with anything in air.  

• Like 1

Regardless of Warnock, our style of play and our hopes for the season I have to say after the past few games I am delighted we picked up Bamba. Not only a dressing room influence, but a reliable leader on the pitch who I would argue does not deserve to be dropped when Hall/Fry return. The man was diagnosed with cancer this year, received treatment and has managed to not only bounce back to play, but also justified his selection. Fair play to him he has delivered far and above what I think was expected of him.

• Like 6

The 4-4-2 formation and high press worked absolutely brilliantly as we swamped Barnsley in the their attempts to play out from the back. Warnock deserves huge credit for exploiting that weakness. When Sporar went off injured and the team tired; the high press understandably didn’t work anywhere near as effectively so it made sense for us to switch to a 5-3-2 and hold our shape a bit deeper.

I can’t believe the quality of chances that we had. I’m intrigued to see the xG rating for us tonight as I feel like anything less than us scoring less than 4 or 5 goals is unfair!

Tavernier and Jones’ defensive positions were fantastic tonight as they had to really sit deep at times to form a back 6 out of possession, but sprang forward once we got hold of the ball in our defensive and middle third. The Tavernier and Howson combination down the right flank was our main source of creativity, especially in the first half, so them two deserve huge credit for the win tonight. Howson was picking up very clever positions to the right side of Crooks to give him very good passing options to slip the ball to, which was often the springboard to the majority of our attacks. The left flank of Peltier and Jones was nowhere near as effective. Peltier obviously didn’t get forward much, which led to Jones being isolated and outnumbered so his impact was limited.

Our style of play will have to be completely different against a very direct side like Cardiff on Saturday. After 3 wins from 4 games things are feeling a lot more positive!

• Thanks 1

I’m not a fan normally but after seeing that 4-4-2 it could be the best formation to go with in the remaining time under Warnock. The most simple formation to go with the most simple tactical approach..

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, p_mards said:

The 4-4-2 formation and high press worked absolutely brilliantly as we swamped Barnsley in the their attempts to play out from the back. Warnock deserves huge credit for exploiting that weakness. When Sporar went off injured and the team tired; the high press understandably didn’t work anywhere near as effectively so it made sense for us to switch to a 5-3-2 and hold our shape a bit deeper.

I can’t believe the quality of chances that we had. I’m intrigued to see the xG rating for us tonight as I feel like anything less than us scoring less than 4 or 5 goals is unfair!

Tavernier and Jones’ defensive positions were fantastic tonight as they had to really sit deep at times to form a back 6 out of possession, but sprang forward once we got hold of the ball in our defensive and middle third. The Tavernier and Howson combination down the right flank was our main source of creativity, especially in the first half, so them two deserve huge credit for the win tonight. Howson was picking up very clever positions to the right side of Crooks to give him very good passing options to slip the ball to, which was often the springboard to the majority of our attacks. The left flank of Peltier and Jones was nowhere near as effective. Peltier obviously didn’t get forward much, which led to Jones being isolated and outnumbered so his impact was limited.

Our style of play will have to be completely different against a very direct side like Cardiff on Saturday. After 3 wins from 4 games things are feeling a lot more positive!

I would really hope that we don't try to beat Cardiff at their own game. Maybe, just maybe Uche could give Sean Morrison a run for his money, but he hasn't properly impressed me since the first few games of the season. I don't think any of our defenders are able to compete with Moore physically. Any hope that the last few matches aren't just flukes against poor opposition goes out the window the second we try to beat Cardiff via hoofball/humping it into the channels.

I'd love to have faith but I genuinely expect Warnock to revert to type.

Didn't watch, didn't listen but from reading the very basic Sky Sports updates and this thread it sounds like we weren't great and just like Peterborough it was a case of Barnsley being so much very worse than us?

Still, i'll happily take the 3 points and it seems like Payero has found his groove. Funny how that happens when you actually play him, eh Neil?

https://www.skysports.com/football/middlesbrough-vs-barnsley/video/447490

Not as long as the Peterborough highlights

What it does show is how greedy Tav is at times others in scoring positions had he looked.

Bamba may have a case but would have been the slightest of touches!

Watmore will always be known for that miss of the season.............so far! To actually highlight it shows how bad it was!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1