• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The issue that Tav has is everything he tries is ambitious and pretty high variance, so he's going to look like a genius at times and a greedy so and so at others.  But the thing that's great abo

Crooks looked great in that deeper midfield role. His footwork and intelligence with the ball is really under rated. I was disappointed with Tav again. It looks more and more like he's playing for him

Regardless of Warnock, our style of play and our hopes for the season I have to say after the past few games I am delighted we picked up Bamba. Not only a dressing room influence, but a reliable leade

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

It's a percentage game for him, one or two will result in a goal eventually but for the most he does not look for others in much better positions the highlight yesterday clearly showing that.

It is frustrating but I understand why he does mess up so much possession when he has the ball

Just like Frank Lampard. People used to go on about how many goals he scored. Not surprising, given how many bloody shots he had every game! Sure we all remember the kid who we played with, who when he got the ball we knew he would shoot from wherever he was.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Couldn't watch last night's game as the streams from my usual sites were unwatchable (freezing every 30 seconds or so).

So thanks for the Sky Sports link DS! 👍

Watching the highlights, we had a real let off with that Barnsley effort that glanced off the post. Could have been a different game had that gone in. Another let off when Lumley spilled a shot.

On the plus side, very nice link-up between McNair and Sporar for our first goal.

Payero's got a hell of a shot on him - surprised it didn't carry the keeper into the net. Comedy gold miss from Watmore (think any of us would have scored that one).

Bit of a 6-yard box scramble for the second. Looked like Crooks got his head to it. Bit scruffy but they all count. 

Barnsley keeper definitely looked the busier - made a couple of good saves from Watmore & Tav.

BBC stats make curious, yet also positive reading. Barnsley apparently had more possession, but Boro had far more shots on goal (21!?) with over a third on target. 

Well chuffed. This was a game we should have won on paper. Nice to see it actually played out that way. Two wins on the bounce...people are gonna be talking about the play-offs again! 😁

2 minutes ago, Johnny A said:

Just like Frank Lampard. People used to go on about how many goals he scored. Not surprising, given how many bloody shots he had every game! Sure we all remember the kid who we played with, who when he got the ball we knew he would shoot from wherever he was.

If only Tav was anything like as good as Lampard! 

To be fair to Frank though he got a lot of goals from timing his runs into the box, to get on the end of balls from team mates (as well as long range efforts). Whereas Tav just bombs forward with the ball and looks for opportunities to shoot.

33 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Watched the highlights and jesus, how wasteful were we in front of goal?

Good job Barnsley didn't take their early chances or that could have been a very different game.

Still papering over the cracks imo

Oh it does paper over everything. 

Don't really mind Tav taking shots personally, he was wasteful yesterday but he was super positive going forward and just gives us a spark that we lack when he's not playing. It wasn't long ago we were all complaining about never taking long shots and claiming Lewis Wing was the only one capable of it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Weasel said:

Don't really mind Tav taking shots personally, he was wasteful yesterday but he was super positive going forward and just gives us a spark that we lack when he's not playing. It wasn't long ago we were all complaining about never taking long shots and claiming Lewis Wing was the only one capable of it.

He didn't do much to disprove that idea last night, to be fair.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Seriously, why do some people pronounce pay as peee in Payero?

No more jokes, please .. 

I am actually interested in this, as I study English to become an English teacher 🙃

According to this website, it's pronounced peer-oh. I think different interpretations are drawn from people trying to pronounce a Spanish-oriented name in their own regional English accents, in the same way I've endured some mildly comical attempts by foreigners to pronounce my own (Scottish) surname.

https://www.howtopronounce.com/payero

50 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I really don't understand what Barnsley were trying to do defensively last night. It was utter chaos. Fanatical commitment to a high line.

Yeah, the through balls were really hurting them