oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Barnsley 2-0 (Sporar, Crooks)

Questions:

1. Will Warnock keep the same team as Saturday? I would expect so, as far as possible. Barnsley tend to go 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1, so he'll want Boro to line up like last time as a 3-4-1-2. Just hope Ikpeazu doesn't feature anywhere.

2. Does Josh Coburn deserve a start? Not just yet. I think I'd rather us start with Sporar and Watmore up front. Think Josh is still best used as an impact sub...though I'd like to see him have a little more time than he's getting.

3. Are you feeling any more positive about the season after the win against Peterborough? Not really. We were awful against Posh and got lucky when their defenders stupidly gave away that penalty.

4. Howson or Crooks as a 6? Jonny did well in a back 3 last time out, so I'd go with Crooks.

5. What team should we play? We're playing Barnsley aren't we? 🤪 Okay, so seriously I would go with:

1236604773_BorovBarnsley.PNG.702dbb40948f1554b04b2b706f74f79d.PNG

6. What's the best brand of crisps? McCoys (flame grilled steak or Thai sweet chicken)

7. Should Payero be starting most games after a good showing against Peterborough? Hell yes!

Overall I feel pretty much the same about this game as I did the Peterborough one. On paper we should win, but on the evidence of the last match, we could struggle and may end up needing a bit of luck, or waiting for the opposition to make a mistake, rather than relying on our own creativity.

Hope I'm wrong, but won't be surprised if it ends up being another scrappy, frustrating affair.

Barnsley have managed just 7 goals in their 12 games so far and have lost their last 4. Looks like a nailed on win, even allowing for Boro's Jekyll & Hyde (mostly Hyde) performances this season. But they have drawn 5, so its entirely possible we could play out a 0-0 bore draw.

Putting my Boro-tinted glasses on, I'm going for another 2-0 win.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
  • Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The issue that Tav has is everything he tries is ambitious and pretty high variance, so he's going to look like a genius at times and a greedy so and so at others.  But the thing that's great abo

Crooks looked great in that deeper midfield role. His footwork and intelligence with the ball is really under rated. I was disappointed with Tav again. It looks more and more like he's playing for him

Regardless of Warnock, our style of play and our hopes for the season I have to say after the past few games I am delighted we picked up Bamba. Not only a dressing room influence, but a reliable leade

Posted Images

I fully expect Peltier to come back in as the 3rd CB alongside Paddy and Bamba after listening to NW.

He said Barnsley will ask more questions of our defence than Peterborough did and we need as many defenders as possible.

He also added its not a case of not changing a winning team as he has kept us unchanged when we previously won and we gone on to lose the game. He said its about picking the correct team.

The above two comments suggest Peltier comes in.

29 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think Peltier will come in as LB with Howson RB in a back four. Uche will be dropped to the bench so Payero keeps his place in midfield with Sporar and Watmore up front in a 442.

Quite possible, or as I suggested with the 4-4-3

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

If Warnock puts Peltier back in who gets dropped for him, cus statistically Howson is the worst according to stuff seen on Twitter so may be wrong but I can’t see Warnock dropping him

Howson is Neils first name on the teamsheet so you're right there. It probably should be Uche dropping out, but I just can't shake the idea that he's going to drop Payero straight away. Can't let the lad have too much success.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1
  • Wow 1
44 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Howson is Neils first name on the teamsheet so you're right there. It probably should be Uche dropping out, but I just can't shake the idea that he's going to drop Payero straight away. Can't let the lad have too much success.

Sadly have to agree with you but Uche to me is not worth starting, we need pace in attack tomorrow and some probing passing between players and well we did see some glimpses last time out.

Tavernier could be doubtful so hopefully Payero will start to keep whatever impetus we have going.

Warnock is not stupid he knows well enough that this is a must win game

• Like 1

Dare I say it?...........Game Day so Come on Boro!

Don't forget this is on Sky RB even if the stream is a minute or so behind.

Actually beginning to learn not to read the forum posts as the game is being played!

Looking forward to this with a mixture of feelings

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Barnsley 2-0 (Sporar, Crooks)