oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Barnsley 2-0 (Sporar, Crooks)

48 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Win tonight and down at Cardiff and I might get my pom poms back out.

For the fixture schedulers? Because this is probably the easiest run in the history of the championship. 

Hull, Peterborough and then this -

• Like 1
  • Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The issue that Tav has is everything he tries is ambitious and pretty high variance, so he's going to look like a genius at times and a greedy so and so at others.  But the thing that's great abo

Crooks looked great in that deeper midfield role. His footwork and intelligence with the ball is really under rated. I was disappointed with Tav again. It looks more and more like he's playing for him

Regardless of Warnock, our style of play and our hopes for the season I have to say after the past few games I am delighted we picked up Bamba. Not only a dressing room influence, but a reliable leade

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

For the fixture schedulers? Because this is probably the easiest run in the history of the championship. 

Hull, Peterborough and then this -

Yeah, and?

We've had similarly easy on paper runs before and failed to take advantage.

Won't be surprised at all if we fail this time too, I'm especially weary about the Cardiff match, but winning 3 on the spin for the first time in a year would be a cause for positivity regardless of who the opposition are.

You've been bigging up Forest for sacking their manager because of the results since, yet they've played Millwall at home, Birmingham, Barnsley, Blackpool and a Bristol City that hadn't won at home in 17 matches.

That's a similarly easy run.

Edited by TeaCider24
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Dare I say it?...........Game Day so Come on Boro!

Don't forget this is on Sky RB even if the stream is a minute or so behind.

Actually beginning to learn not to read the forum posts as the game is being played!

Looking forward to this with a mixture of feelings

Not as bad as posting as the game is being played.

People make fun of you for commenting on stuff a couple of minutes after its happened...can you believe that? 😭

• Haha 3

Feeling strangely optimistic about the game today, Warnock's press conference seemed a lot more positive and he was actually giving praise to players (including Payero). Hopefully that means he'll start again.

Think Barnsley have got enough about them to score vs our makeshift defence, but seems like their defence is a shambles and they play a really high line. Can see Tav and Jones getting in behind and causing havoc.

Gonna go for a 2-1 victory and a 3rd match day thread 😁 Sporar and Tav to score.

17 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Not as bad as posting as the game is being played.

People make fun of you for commenting on stuff a couple of minutes after its happened...can you believe that? 😭

Not just that but NB4 has a tendancy along with Brunners and Uwe to let it be known that we have conceded a goal and so I have the double disappointment of knowing then watching when the stream catches up and often the case well over a minute🙂

However it is great when the roles are reversed, double high five🖐️

19 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Feeling strangely optimistic about the game today, Warnock's press conference seemed a lot more positive and he was actually giving praise to players (including Payero). Hopefully that means he'll start again.

Think Barnsley have got enough about them to score vs our makeshift defence, but seems like their defence is a shambles and they play a really high line. Can see Tav and Jones getting in behind and causing havoc.

Gonna go for a 2-1 victory and a 3rd match day thread 😁 Sporar and Tav to score.

Certainly hope you do become the founding member of the 3 up club!

To all forum members is this game in your humble opinion a "must win" game?

Ok the result will not change the balance of power at the top probably but how annoyed would you be at a draw or loss?

@Blanco as you can see Joe will do anything to boost the averages!

• Like 1

I'd be furious with a loss, annoyed with a draw.

If we're to make anything of this season, it is a must win for me.

We'd be 3-4 points off the play-offs with a victory tonight, and would finally have broken the hoodoo over winning repeatedly.

If we play like we did against Peterborough, I wouldn't be overly confident of a result, but we've seen in brief glimpses this season that we can play better.

Fingers, toes & everything else crossed we can win our 1st back to back home wins of the season after Saturdays hard fought victory over Peterborough & start moving in the right direction in the championship

Our 1st home fixture v Barnsley was on the 7th October 1899, with Boro winning 3-0, which was our 2nd home win as a football league club & the 1st time we scored more that one goal in a game

Boro v Barnsley fixture will be the 33rd fixture on Teesside between the 2 teams with the following record:

Won 22

Drew 5

Lost 5

Goals scored - 68

Goals against - 20

Hattricks & more v Barsnley

22nd February 1901 Second division - Barnsley 2 Boro 7 - John Brearly became the 2nd Boro player to score 4 goals in one game when Boro thrashed Barnsley away

21st January 1956 Second division - Charles Wayman scored our 1st hattrick v Barnsley, his 1st HT, the clubs 14th away HT & 31st in total as a league club

22nd August 1967 League cup 1st round -  John Hickton scored our 1st home league cup hattrick, our 2nd in total, (Alan Peacock scored our 1st  at Tranmere) in a 4-1 home win, it was John Hicktons 2nd HT, the 75th at Ayresome Park & 107th overall  

Represented both teams

John Hendrie

Paul Wilkinson

Jan Åge Fjortoft 

Dave Currie

Viv Anderson managed Barnsley before Robbo brought him to the Boro

Did you know: George Camsell’s record of 59 league goals in 37 games & 63 goals in all competitions in one season may not have happened

In his early days he made little impression & at one time he was on the verge of signing for Barnsley for £200 but they were unable to raise the funds, fortunately for Camsell & the Boro 

We’ve played Barnsley in the league, league cup, FAC & Anglo italian cup

6th November 1982 Kevin Beattie, registered No550 made his Boro debut in a 2-0 home win over Barnsley, in our highest attendance of the season so far, 11,787, with goals from David Shearer & Darren Wood,  IIRC, Barnsley played at AP in Boro’s blue away top that afternoon 

17th September 1955 - Brian Clough made his Boro debut at home to Barnsley in a game that ended 1-1, he was registerred No396

Boro v Barsnley 2nd January 1995 was the last time a game was postpopned at AP

02:01:1995.jpg

Edited by Erimus74
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd be furious with a loss, annoyed with a draw.

If we're to make anything of this season, it is a must win for me.

We'd be 3-4 points off the play-offs with a victory tonight, and would finally have broken the hoodoo over winning repeatedly.

If we play like we did against Peterborough, I wouldn't be overly confident of a result, but we've seen in brief glimpses this season that we can play better.

We have to take all 3 points to show we could be going in the right direction 

And to see Sporar score at home 

I do hope Tavernier is fit tonight, he can be incredibly frustrating but he does pop up with important contributions and he's had bad luck with injuries lately.

I've got a suspicion he'll be missing from the starting 11 though, he was limping slightly for most of the end of the Peterborough match.

Too ill to go tonight in all likelihood. Very off thinking about having to pay to watch it when I have a season ticket but I probably will anyway.

I think this is a bigger banana skin than Peterborough and for what positives there were to take out that game, ref decisions are potentially the difference between a win and a loss which isn't exactly good.

Still, we should win and I expect us to.

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Certainly hope you do become the founding member of the 3 up club!

To all forum members is this game in your humble opinion a "must win" game?

Ok the result will not change the balance of power at the top probably but how annoyed would you be at a draw or loss?

@Blanco as you can see Joe will do anything to boost the averages!

Still pretty apathetic about Boro and Warnock in general to be honest. If we lose tonight, I'll shrug my shoulders and wonder why anyone expected any different. 

Too many 'must win' games have been and gone under Warnock now... especially those against teams near the bottom or struggling in form.

He even joked himself in the presser that we never beat sides in the bottom three. Glad someone sees the funny side at least 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I understand why fans are asking for Peltier to be back in, Howson to be moved into moved, payero as a number 10 and then drop Uche but do you not think its best to try and gain some momentum and keep the same side?

Yes, it didnt work out at Hull after Sheff utd win but with the 2 winnable HOME games our players should be confident after saturdays result (regardless of performance) and its ideal opportunity to get some fans back on board regardless if people want warnock and his cronies at the club or not.

It infuriates me when managers change a team or personnel after a win - Understandably if there is injuries but providing everyone is fit then i would stick with the same 11

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Barnsley 2-0 (Sporar, Crooks)