oneBoro Forum

Cardiff vs Boro 0-2 (Sporar (pen), Payero)

borocardiff.png.adc08d7c1e34d570cc284465f0019108.png

Cardiff City vs Middlesbrough FC
                                                             Saturday 23rd October – 12:30 pm (Sky Sports)
                                                                             Cardiff City Stadium

Current standings:
Boro continue to climb up the table and we find ourselves in a reasonable 10th place. The Bluebirds are in free fall and Mick Mccarthy might be the most hated man in Cardiff right now. If he doesn't get something from this game he's most likely getting sacked.

image.thumb.png.b095cf55c4ea30b476f7e6cdd3bcd09d.png

Views from various Cardiff City fans on social media/forums:

"Weird that the bookies have us as favourites when we have lost 7 games in succession conceding 17 goals and scoring 1 and have the worst home record in the division. Fear we will get a draw and be stuck with MM."

"1-1 if we are lucky and Boro are poor."

"Much better yesterday, we need a bit of luck and maybe a fluky goal and the confidence will slowly return, we are better than those results show, McCarthy has been picking the wrong team for most of those games!"

"I’d take Warnock back tomorrow."

"Boro will be too streetwise, one of our ex players bound to score. Think I'd actually applaud Sol even if its a scruffy tap in, fair play to him."

"If Bamba gets McCarthy sacked he’ll become Cardiff’s biggest ever legend"

"I’ve been to our last 7 games home and away and seen us score 1 and concede 17. Much better performance tonight but still dire."

"Mick McCarthy's recent record at Cardiff City... - Seven defeats in a row - Nine defeats in 10 - One goal in 630 minutes"

"Boro will be an interesting game. Neil Warnock getting all the applause while Mick gets all the abuse. The way it should be"

"It’s been 172 days since Cardiff last scored a goal in the first half"

Questions:
1. Are you starting to feel optimistic about the season yet?
2. Should Crooks and Payero be our midfield partnership from now on?
3. How many points do you expect from the next 3?  Cardiff (A), Birmingham(H), Luton(A)
4. Who is the better manager out of Warnock and McCarthy?
5. Starting 11 and formation?
6. Who scored the 2nd goal against Barnsley, Sol or Crooksy?

image.thumb.png.9573db327e9de888e31293cd1fcb0460.png
                                                        (These wins are coming fast so these threads are getting briefer 😁)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Payero could nutmeg a mermaid

Hey there, thanks for letting me join. 👍 As @Downsouth mentioned, I run the Cardiff City Forum (I'd like to post the link to our match thread so you guys can see what's being said from our POV b

Bit of positive news Ref our fans 👏👏👏

Posted Images

Still no. We've beat arguably the two worst teams in the league. NW has had a huge slice of luck having this run of games,

Yes. I know Neil (and by extension, the Gazette) have been making a big deal out of it, but it is nice to see Crooks take Martin under his wing and hopefully that helps Martin acclimate a bit faster.

3. How many points do you expect from the next 3?  Cardiff (A), Birmingham(H), Luton(A)

Honestly, 6 minimum - with their form, we should be looking to beat both Cardiff & Birmingham. Luton are a really decent team this year though, so I'd happily take a draw down there.

That's like asking what's the better pain, being punched in the face or the nads.

Lumley

Howson - McNair - Bamba - Peltier

Payero - Crooks

Tavernier               -             Jones/Hernandez

Watmore

Sporar

A 4231 / 424 style formation with Watmore playing just off Sporar. Think with how well they've been doing, Payero & Crooks have to stay together, and IMO Howson was much better at RB the other night than I've seen him be in CM in a long time.

Crooks I think, although it was very close!

• Like 1

A real acid test for Boro and the dread of going back to usual ways in term of teams needing points to stop their own rot and getting them!

Cardiff are simply "baaaaaaaad"

We are showing signs of being "goooooooooooooood"

All the hall marks of being a boring draw without goals.

Should be ours to take if we play enough attacking football and I think I would play Watmore again, the quicker he gets over his miss the better.

Don't think too many neutrals will be tuning in as this game grabs no-one by the throat.

Without a win think MM is gone and it does seem a few Bluebird fans still have warmth for NW

Optimistic is too strong a word but I'm far less doom and gloom than I was after the Hull match, we'll definitely not be in a relegation battle and we could potentially be in the top 6 by 3pm tomorrow.

Both should be starting whenever possible right now, though there's never been any doubt that Crooks would.

3. How many points do you expect from the next 3?  Cardiff (A), Birmingham(H), Luton(A)

Hard to say what I expect, but I'd say we should be getting at least 6 on form. Cardiff and Birmingham are struggling badly, Luton are a tough bunch.

Warnock.

I'd stick with the same 11 and play 4-4-2.

I'd like it to have been Bamba, but I'd say it was Crooks.

8 hours ago, Weasel said:

borocardiff.png.adc08d7c1e34d570cc284465f0019108.png

Cardiff City vs Middlesbrough FC
                                                             Saturday 23rd October – 12:30 pm (Sky Sports)
                                                                             Cardiff City Stadium

Current standings:
Boro continue to climb up the table and we find ourselves in a reasonable 10th place. The Bluebirds are in free fall and Mick Mccarthy might be the most hated man in Cardiff right now. If he doesn't get something from this game he's most likely getting sacked.

image.thumb.png.b095cf55c4ea30b476f7e6cdd3bcd09d.png

Views from various Cardiff City fans on social media/forums:

"Weird that the bookies have us as favourites when we have lost 7 games in succession conceding 17 goals and scoring 1 and have the worst home record in the division. Fear we will get a draw and be stuck with MM."

"1-1 if we are lucky and Boro are poor."

"Much better yesterday, we need a bit of luck and maybe a fluky goal and the confidence will slowly return, we are better than those results show, McCarthy has been picking the wrong team for most of those games!"

"I’d take Warnock back tomorrow."

"Boro will be too streetwise, one of our ex players bound to score. Think I'd actually applaud Sol even if its a scruffy tap in, fair play to him."

"If Bamba gets McCarthy sacked he’ll become Cardiff’s biggest ever legend"

"I’ve been to our last 7 games home and away and seen us score 1 and concede 17. Much better performance tonight but still dire."

"Mick McCarthy's recent record at Cardiff City... - Seven defeats in a row - Nine defeats in 10 - One goal in 630 minutes"

"Boro will be an interesting game. Neil Warnock getting all the applause while Mick gets all the abuse. The way it should be"

"It’s been 172 days since Cardiff last scored a goal in the first half"

Questions:

image.thumb.png.9573db327e9de888e31293cd1fcb0460.png
                                                        (These wins are coming fast so these threads are getting briefer 😁)

As long as your next one does not open with "over to you guys"

Also think that the post count will be greatly reduced should we beat Cardiff unless we think of new things to complain about

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Also, we now have the 4th best defence in the league, behind only Fulham, West Brom and miraculously Derby.

Seems at odds with how our defence feels, but we're not doing too badly at that end of the pitch.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 2

I rarely bet on football but i have put a £10 on boro losing tomorrow. This has typical us written all over it. I would love to lose my bet.

As said previously I would bring in Onel for Jones and go 3.4.3

Lumley

Peltier Bamba Paddy

Howson Crooks Payero Onel

Tav

Watmore Sporar

Think that team gives us the defence to hopefully deal with Cardiff set pieces but going forward we got the movement to hopefully trouble they giant defence.

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I rarely bet on football but i have put a £10 on boro losing tomorrow. This has typical us written all over it. I would love to lose my bet.

As said previously I would bring in Onel for Jones and go 3.4.3

Lumley

Peltier Bamba Paddy

Howson Crooks Payero Onel

Tav

Watmore Sporar

Think that team gives us the defence to hopefully deal with Cardiff set pieces but going forward we got the movement to hopefully trouble they giant defence.

onel for that useless waste of a shirt tavernier instead, hes been terrible lately. most wasteful player on the pitch. imagine if instead of payero and coburn having an one two and scoring it was tav. would coburn have got that simple pass?? NO CHANCE. tav is making the game look bloomin hard, he needs benching and some time to reflect on how *** he is.

thought i'd add in some positive to counter the negative about tav. howson who has been pretty useless all season btw, i've been impressed with him last couple of games. when hes wide right or at the back i think he looks far happier. never seen him hiding from the ball or shirking responsibility. hes drove on with the ball and looked more involved. think hes been great.

6 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

onel for that useless waste of a shirt tavernier instead, hes been terrible lately. most wasteful player on the pitch. imagine if instead of payero and coburn having an one two and scoring it was tav. would coburn have got that simple pass?? NO CHANCE. tav is making the game look bloomin hard, he needs benching and some time to reflect on how *** he is.

Are You Okay Hilary Duff GIF by TV Land

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Also, we now have the 4th best defence in the league, behind only Fulham, West Brom and miraculously Derby.

Seems at odds with how our defence feels, but we're not doing too badly at that end of the pitch.

Strange enough I read the stats yesterday and it took me a while because I stared checking the date, title, figures simply because I thought it unreliable.  Shots on target 4th, shots per game 8th. 

https://www.footcharts.co.uk/index.cfm?task=basics_shots&league=E1&venue=T&season=22/10/2021

A bit more than earlier, but can see us finishing just in or just out of playoffs.

Don’t think we’ve seen what JLS is capable of yet, so too early to say. 

3. How many points do you expect from the next 3?  Cardiff (A), Birmingham(H), Luton(A)

Should be 6 or 7, but can see it being only 4. If we were at home to Cardiff, I would fancy us for 3 points, but away, less sure. Cardiff will push forward more and we will fall back more. With the makeshift defence I think this could mean we revert to Hull type of performance. 

Warnock if you take their whole careers.

Same as Barnsley.  Can see Warnock bringing in JLS though - he’s had his time on the naughty seat for going to play in internationals and it is three games in a week, so can see logic in a bit of freshening up. Maybe also Hernandez back in for Jones.

Dont know and don’t particularly care. It went in and made sure Barnsley didn’t get an injury time equalizer.

Questions:

1. Are you starting to feel optimistic about the season yet? Depends what you mean by optimistic. 2 wins on the bounce is nice, but its too early to even start thinking about mid-table comfort - never mind a top 6 finish. Encouraging signs certainly, but the million dollar question is can we maintain these sort of results and performances? Okay, I'm more optimistic than I was 2 games ago...

2. Should Crooks and Payero be our midfield partnership from now on? If its working, don't change it (unless injuries, suspensions or change of formation force a change).

3. How many points do you expect from the next 3?  Cardiff (A), Birmingham(H), Luton(A)? 6 or 7. Should beat Cardiff and Brum. Luton at their place will be a tough game. Would take a draw but think we might have a blip by then.

4. Who is the better manager out of Warnock and McCarthy? Well Warnock has had more promotions. On current form it has to be our Colin...

5. Starting 11 and formation? Same as Barnsley, if possible. The old maxim about not changing a winning team. Especially if it looks like they are finally starting to gel as a team.

6. Who scored the 2nd goal against Barnsley, Sol or Crooksy? In the highlights it looked like Crooks - his name is also on the score sheet in the match report. I could see Sol sticking his leg out, but couldn't tell if he made contact or not.

Not yet, but if we win three on the spin, I will allow myself to look at the top of the table, rather than skimming down to our position and then counting the places between us and 22nd!

Payero is - to quote Iron Maiden - a stranger in a strange land - but he's clearly building an understanding with Crooks. They could become a really potent pairing, and form the first proper midfield partnership we've had since Grant and Clayton.

I'd love six, but I'll guess four. W/D/L, in that order.

I like Mick, he seems a decent bloke, but he's not a great manager. Warnock has engineered eight promotions, which is a pretty impressive track record, even if he's unlikely to make it nine without radical policy changes.

Same as Wednesday for me. Build the team around Payero and Crooks, keep Ikpeazu on the bench where he belongs, and if Sporar gets tired (assuming he's even fit), let Coburn loose.

I'd love Sol to score for us, there'd be absolute scenes. But I'm pretty sure he didn't score midweek.

• Downsouth changed the title to Cardiff vs Boro 0-2 (Sporar (pen), Payero)